Wastelander
889 posts

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012
As for sucking up close that is horse crap you can do forward triangle 2 times up triangle up square and forward square and get tons of ap the forward triangle is a monster slap happy is good combo starter and up square can get em to you he be played with tons of combos trust me when I use him and I do combo don't believe me ask a guy named sacboysonic sackboy is op face it you can dodge him get up and personal and still lose
Message 41 of 100 (147 Views)
Wastelander
889 posts

Nov 29, 2012
He is a good combo person an anti air just dreadful spammer and best keep away when playing keep away he makes radec look like toro in street fighter x tekken
Message 42 of 100 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Gasp, some characters get more AP than others from one move.

Cakes are his strongest aspects because they're the best thing he has. In close range he is nearly defenseless. Look at Radec. He can spam Sniper but only because its his best range material. Someone with a brain will lock him down.

Every character has something they can spam. Evil Cole has that chargable punch which is great for an easy Level 1, yet nobody complains about that because he's normally in the middle of a match. If you're chasing after Sackboy, he's going to try tricking you into his moves. If he fails, its because he's not playing his character right. If he's up in your face he's going to die horribly.

Put him in your face and he loses quite a lot. Put him at the side where nobody pays attention, and he creates possibility. Welcome to the world of projectiles.

Message 43 of 100 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Cakes are his strongest aspects because they're the best thing he has. In close range he is nearly defenseless. Look at Radec. He can spam Sniper but only because its his best range material. Someone with a brain will lock him down.

Every character has something they can spam. Evil Cole has that chargable punch which is great for an easy Level 1, yet nobody complains about that because he's normally in the middle of a match. If you're chasing after Sackboy, he's going to try tricking you into his moves. If he fails, its because he's not playing his character right. If he's up in your face he's going to die horribly.

Put him in your face and he loses quite a lot. Put him at the side where nobody pays attention, and he creates possibility. Welcome to the world of projectiles.

ignorant post.

Sackboy has good combos up close, and if this super powerful cake attack is SOO GOOD for close range encounters, why is it being spammed at long range?  

Every character does have something to spam, which is why spamming in general needs nerfed becaus LOTS AND LOTS of people abuse it.

Lol @ evil cole's fire punch yeah LOL that's spammable Smiley Very Happy you have to charge it up and at best get one hit with it every once in a while.  Ooooh man, you can combo into it for one kill, two at best man someone inform super bot that's so OP!!!!  What about raiden's attacks that can combo into his OP level 1?  Heihachi?  Kratos's level 2?  Hell you can use slys level 1 while being attacked by other supers!  

Sackboy has combos, and doesn't have to be a long ranged character.  Hell, you can get quite a bit of AP from just spamming his jetpack too.  Just because people abuse him at long range doesn't mean he's a long range character, it just means people found a really cheap way to exploit him.  

Message 44 of 100 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Sackboy has some really effective in close moves that get a good amount of AP before he runs away and hides again

Message 45 of 100 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Guess how long it takes for Evil Cole's punch to come out once its charged? Less than a second.

Guess how long it takes for Sackboy's cake to come out after he activates it? Around .5 of a second.

Guess how long the recovery on block is for Evil Cole's punch? Well since you can actually block it its about .5 of a second.

Guess how long the recovery is for Sackboy's cake? TWO FULL SECONDS.

Guess why Sackboy doesn't run up close? Lets look at all of his up-close options. He has the slap happy combo, which is two hits and has a very small hitbox. He has the Grabinator Throw which takes a few seconds and only gives 20AP, in which most 'good' players will take this opportunity to set up more traps. He has that hold-able counter, which you can actually roll past (confirmed, learn to roll.)

That is literally all the options he has for an up-close encounter. If he's fighting, say, Radec or Jak, he'll have an easier time, but if he's fighting, say, Heihachi, or Kratos, he's gonna have a much, much more difficult time to do anything in a close-combat situation. Couple that in with a free for all, and being up close is grounds for disaster.

Sackboy is like a worse Sly Cooper.

Message 46 of 100 (114 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Guess how long it takes for Evil Cole's punch to come out once its charged? Less than a second.

Guess how long it takes for Sackboy's cake to come out after he activates it? Around .5 of a second.

Guess how long the recovery on block is for Evil Cole's punch? Well since you can actually block it its about .5 of a second.

Guess how long the recovery is for Sackboy's cake? TWO FULL SECONDS.

Guess why Sackboy doesn't run up close? Lets look at all of his up-close options. He has the slap happy combo, which is two hits and has a very small hitbox. He has the Grabinator Throw which takes a few seconds and only gives 20AP, in which most 'good' players will take this opportunity to set up more traps. He has that hold-able counter, which you can actually roll past (confirmed, learn to roll.)

That is literally all the options he has for an up-close encounter. If he's fighting, say, Radec or Jak, he'll have an easier time, but if he's fighting, say, Heihachi, or Kratos, he's gonna have a much, much more difficult time to do anything in a close-combat situation. Couple that in with a free for all, and being up close is grounds for disaster.

Sackboy is like a worse Sly Cooper.

once again, ignorant post.

Cole's punch can't be used across the map, cakes can.  There has never been a cole that relies only on punch, cake can.  

The punch is used a lot as a combo starter and a combo into cole's level 1 super because his super is extremely difficult to use and his other attacks have low priority, and his typical combo starter can get canceled as easily as a simple punch before it lands.  

c'mon now, I'm sure you can do better than THAT.  

EDIT:  

sackboys can do great up close, but of course no one on these boards would know because everyone is freakin spam happy.  

Message 47 of 100 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I rely a lot on that punch because it has a small startup charge and its really great against groups.

Second, I don't spam happy. Heck Evil Cole is just the third character I play. I could make an assortment list of what each and every character should do against spam. You want me to go do that on a new thread? Because I could.

Message 48 of 100 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Its a shock that that recovery time doesn't make a huge difference (or it does, and its stillt his bad).

His melee options are considerably effective even if you know how to use just that one bodyslam move effectively.

MarrowOchi, I don't care if your good or not, you're just being an *** because most people aren't good enough to play it perfectly just to fight an amateur Sackboy spammer let alone a good one.
Message 49 of 100 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

I rely a lot on that punch because it has a small startup charge and its really great against groups.

Second, I don't spam happy. Heck Evil Cole is just the third character I play. I could make an assortment list of what each and every character should do against spam. You want me to go do that on a new thread? Because I could.

in all seriousness, i think that thread would be very helpful if you choose to make it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 50 of 100 (97 Views)
0 Likes