Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012
I care because by nerfing his cake (a vital one of his attacks) it will pretty much ruin him and make him completely terrible, from "OP" as people like to say, to underpowered...he needs to get alot of AP because his close range is weak compared to other characters, so he makes up for it with great AP gain
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 31 of 100 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Nov 29, 2012
And the level 3 LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE FUNKING LEVEL 3 ITS THE EASIEST LEVEL TO GET IN THE GAME AND ITS THE MOST POWERFUL FOR GOD SAKE IT GURRENTEES 6 KILLS AND DOESN'T REQUIRE EFFORT TO GET OR USE AS A BUBBLE YOUR SPEED IS CRAP AND SACKBOY IS PRETTY FUNKING FAST. IT LAST LIKE 20 SECONDS ITS ONE OF THE LONGEST LASTING SUPERS. AND THAT LEVEL 2 GURRENTEES 1 OR 2 KILLS AND LIKE HIS LEVEL 3 NO EFFORT IS REQUIRED TO GET OR USE IT. His level one is balanced well its speed is good and can be dodged but those other 2 dare lord those other 2
Message 32 of 100 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Panzer-Strike wrote:
As my main my tactics change depending on players and their skills. I'll sit in a corner and spam cakes and jelly or I'll get right up with the fight with my jetpack, grappling hook, bouncing pad, power gloves and happy slap.

I build AP better when I'm fighting rather then in a corner. I also don't usually have time to hide because people tend to go right for me. I can tell when another Sackboy isn't skilled just by his ability to just use the cake shooter.

Yeah, sackboy seems like Kratos.  Kratos users can use forwards + square to get insane amounts of AP but it's not the only move they can spam to get insane AP.  Ran into a Kratos who used up + square to get insane amounts of AP... 

Which is why spam as a whole should be looked into, not just with certain characters.  obviously it's more sever in some cases and needed more in others.  (such as radec)  but spam as a whole is broken and if they really want this game to be comeptitive they should fix it.  

Message 33 of 100 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
This is the most ignorant thing ever.

No, we shouldn't just nerf OP mechanics, or stop people from abusing exploits...no we should just let people high on the leaderboards spam farm noobs oh and when they get to a good player? You don't think they're not going to combine spam with useful tactics to get that over powered level 3?

People who use the defense "just block or dodge" are complete idiots. There's absolutely NO WAY (especially against sackboy) that you can just block or even dodge his spam and be 100% ok. He gains AP too fast from it and then activates his OP level 3 like instantly.

Just because you like spamming with sackboy doesn't mean he shouldn't be nerfed.

I can.

I use Big Daddy and whenever a Sackboy starts that **bleep** I use my Super Armor run dash to plow through the cake and smack him down.

I use my characters exploit to take away another characters exploit.

Step up.

So you spam to break another spammers spam.  why didn't I think of that?

Message 34 of 100 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
This is the most ignorant thing ever.

No, we shouldn't just nerf OP mechanics, or stop people from abusing exploits...no we should just let people high on the leaderboards spam farm noobs oh and when they get to a good player? You don't think they're not going to combine spam with useful tactics to get that over powered level 3?

People who use the defense "just block or dodge" are complete idiots. There's absolutely NO WAY (especially against sackboy) that you can just block or even dodge his spam and be 100% ok. He gains AP too fast from it and then activates his OP level 3 like instantly.

Just because you like spamming with sackboy doesn't mean he shouldn't be nerfed.

I can.

I use Big Daddy and whenever a Sackboy starts that **bleep** I use my Super Armor run dash to plow through the cake and smack him down.

I use my characters exploit to take away another characters exploit.

Step up.

So you spam to break another spammers spam.  why didn't I think of that?

Spam? Naw. I used it once to break through his guard.

If he's spamming an attack, and I can get through it easily, I'm going to get through it easily and smack him down so if he tries it again he'll think twice.

Mindgames.

If he keeps spamming, I'm going to keep punishing.

Message 35 of 100 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 29, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
I care because by nerfing his cake (a vital one of his attacks) it will pretty much ruin him and make him completely terrible, from "OP" as people like to say, to underpowered...he needs to get alot of AP because his close range is weak compared to other characters, so he makes up for it with great AP gain

lol, so if they reduce the AP of ONE of his attacks the character will be unplayable?  So you do spam then Smiley Very Happy

You're just setting yourself up for more criticism.  Cake isn't a "main attack" and nerfing it will only reduce how lightning fast he gets his level 3... so much wrong with your post idk where to even begin.  

Message 36 of 100 (100 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I think that sackboy should be nerfed in the long-range department and buffed up a little in close quarters. It's a brawler after all, not a shooter.
Message 37 of 100 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Spam? Naw. I used it once to break through his guard.

If he's spamming an attack, and I can get through it easily, I'm going to get through it easily and smack him down so if he tries it again he'll think twice.

Mindgames.

If he keeps spamming, I'm going to keep punishing.

well 1. I don't use big daddy

2. He still gets AP from hitting you with his cakes whether or not you're dashing through it.  

Message 38 of 100 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

JetstreamAlcove wrote:
I think that sackboy should be nerfed in the long-range department and buffed up a little in close quarters. It's a brawler after all, not a shooter.

Incorrect. Ever heard of 'zoning'?

Some characters are more difficult than others. A good Sly will decimate a good Sackboy after all.

Message 39 of 100 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 29, 2012

JetstreamAlcove wrote:

It's funny because he's been labeled as a long ranged item user...which is absurd... 99% of the people who play him spam TWO of his attacks...really?  When you can get a level 3 with two attacks you know the character is OP.

How can anyone even argue this?   The guy literally has a ton of attacks that can work in a lot of situations but one or two people learn how to exploit him and then suddenly now cake and gum are the only things worth using?  Please... 

Message 40 of 100 (87 Views)