Treasure Hunter
5325 posts

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012
I'm good with Sweet Tooth, Raiden, Spike, Sackboy, I don't use Kratos, I hate him, I don't go spam in a corner and use lvl 3 (I LOVE lvl 2 WAYY more) I discovered that the falling missile item can be combined with Sackboys fan which will make em shoot sideways, offering up great strategic options...don't assume I spam just because I say he shouldn't be nerfed...It is because players aren't good enough to combat Sackboy, and/or aren't smart enough to come up with strategies to combat him, and/ or are just lazy, why they call OP on him...People are too proud to admit they suck
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 100 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
I'm good with Sweet Tooth, Raiden, Spike, Sackboy, I don't use Kratos, I hate him, I don't go spam in a corner and use lvl 3 (I LOVE lvl 2 WAYY more) I discovered that the falling missile item can be combined with Sackboys fan which will make em shoot sideways, offering up great strategic options...don't assume I spam just because I say he shouldn't be nerfed...It is because players aren't good enough to combat Sackboy, and/or aren't smart enough to come up with strategies to combat him, and/ or are just lazy, why they call OP on him...People are too proud to admit they suck

I could beat you 1v1 on dojo

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 100 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 29, 2012

While I don't usually care about any of this, I'm gonna add my 2 cents here. 

Decided to play a ranked match yesterday and got the stupid character swap bug. My sly (I don't spam thunder roll don't worry) was changed to sackboy. At this point I had literally never played as sackboy (he was level 1), didn't even know his buttons, but I knew how the general population plays him. I went 7-0. MY FIRST TIME EVER PLAYING SACKBOY. 

Granted I was only going up against some green belts and maybe one purple, but I was fighting a raiden, drake, and I want to say heihachi. That being said, I still don't think that it should be that ridiculously easy to win with sackboy and anyone saying otherwise is in denial and just wants to keep facerolling as sackboy.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 100 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Nov 29, 2012

tippy78 wrote:

i love this! See people hate the "bad" sackboy players that will just spam.  And while that's certainly part of his strategy, you gotta get in the fight and slap dem **bleep** up and grapple! (pretty good combo actually) plus his bounce pad gives more ap than cake!

exactly, you can actually do sackboy combos and sackboy has more attacks than just "fan" "electric pad" "cake" and "gum"

It's just stupid.  People want to spam 2 of his many, many attacks but no derp derp somehow that's not a problem.  

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 100 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5325 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Challenge Accepted Apeman
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 100 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Its not the dodging for me that's a prob I was a sweet tooth against my friend who was sackboy I air dodged his cakes didn't get hit by his jams and destroyed the pads but I couldn't GET MY HANDS ON HIM THATS THE PROBLEM FOR ME I CAN'T FREAKING HIT HIM I CAN DODGE HIS HITS ALL I WANT BUT I CANT TOUCH HIM. ITS LIKE HOW YOU CAN HIT TORO WITH A AP BURST BUT HE SLEEPS IN AIR AND YOU CAN'T TOUCH HIM AND WHEN YOU CAN YOU SEND HIM FLYING TO HIGH AND HE SLEEPS AND YOU CAN'T TOUCH HIM
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 100 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Here's a question then, since you already promoted your personal bias towards using sackboy mtjjrstccw1.

If you don't spam, why the hell do you care if his spam happy moves get nerfed? Or if using the same attack over and over again gets nerfed? You argued about it for like 6+ pages in another thread, and then make another thread about it? If you don't spam with him why the HELL are you over the top defensive about it?
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 100 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Tmix1600 wrote:
Its not the dodging for me that's a prob I was a sweet tooth against my friend who was sackboy I air dodged his cakes didn't get hit by his jams and destroyed the pads but I couldn't GET MY HANDS ON HIM THATS THE PROBLEM FOR ME I CAN'T FREAKING HIT HIM I CAN DODGE HIS HITS ALL I WANT BUT I CANT TOUCH HIM. ITS LIKE HOW YOU CAN HIT TORO WITH A AP BURST BUT HE SLEEPS IN AIR AND YOU CAN'T TOUCH HIM AND WHEN YOU CAN YOU SEND HIM FLYING TO HIGH AND HE SLEEPS AND YOU CAN'T TOUCH HIM

ARRRGGHH! LOUD NOISES!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 100 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Nov 29, 2012
As my main my tactics change depending on players and their skills. I'll sit in a corner and spam cakes and jelly or I'll get right up with the fight with my jetpack, grappling hook, bouncing pad, power gloves and happy slap.

I build AP better when I'm fighting rather then in a corner. I also don't usually have time to hide because people tend to go right for me. I can tell when another Sackboy isn't skilled just by his ability to just use the cake shooter.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 100 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
This is the most ignorant thing ever.

No, we shouldn't just nerf OP mechanics, or stop people from abusing exploits...no we should just let people high on the leaderboards spam farm noobs oh and when they get to a good player? You don't think they're not going to combine spam with useful tactics to get that over powered level 3?

People who use the defense "just block or dodge" are complete idiots. There's absolutely NO WAY (especially against sackboy) that you can just block or even dodge his spam and be 100% ok. He gains AP too fast from it and then activates his OP level 3 like instantly.

Just because you like spamming with sackboy doesn't mean he shouldn't be nerfed.

I can.

I use Big Daddy and whenever a Sackboy starts that **bleep** I use my Super Armor run dash to plow through the cake and smack him down.

I use my characters exploit to take away another characters exploit.

Step up.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 100 (89 Views)
0 Likes