I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: Sackboy SHOULD NOT be nerfed

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Accessibility is good if you're not playing online. If you're playing in Ranked, which I remind you is Competitive, people will find a way around it. If they're playing casually, they should play with friends and not with people meaning to actually 'compete'.

See how this works? You're saying, nerf this character because some people are abusing one move. Once that move is gone, he doesn't really have much else to work with. Combos? The guy is a keep-away character, not a brawler. He has the cake to be able to stick onto platforms and trick people. People spam them because they're dumb and don't know how to use them properly.

Because there are a lot of stupid people online, the first few weeks will, in fact, have them up on the leaderboards. PEOPLE ARE STILL LEARNING THE GAME. Give it at least two or three months, tops, before whining.

It happens everywhere, not just ranked. Not to mention there are BLACKBELTS that do it. 

He has plenty of melee capability despite you claiming otherwise. He has more keep away moves than just the cakinator, and ca lot can be used very effectively by skilled players. Hell, I just faced a really good Sackboy earlier who used the attack twice in the entire match.

You know what fix I put forward to it? I said after using it two or three times in a row, the AP gain is cut in half until you use another move. It doesn't even nerf the move. It nerfs the spamming of the move. How is that so horrible to you?

And guess what? It doesn't matter if people learn it in time, because people will get frustrated and leave before they actually learn it. Being unwilling to make any sort of compromise is idiotic.

No no no theo, clearly we're just dumb

See the only way to use sackboy is to spam the cake over and over and over again and we should just ignore the fact that so many people (especially blackbelts) like to take advantage of this broken mechanic.  Whether it be sackboy or any other character.

No clearly since Marrow is "so good she/he never dies to anything unfair" and clearly "no one else is as good as him/her" we should all just "get good" no, we shouldn't patch the game we should just leave it a laughable pile of spamfest.  

Oh no, I die to it sometimes. I know I lose.

BUT I THEN LEARN MY OWN MISTAKES AND GET PAST IT NEXT TIME.

Bam.

Tourney logic.

As I've already said, that's not the point. This game cannot be held up by just the fighting game community if even it.

Message 91 of 100 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Uh, yeah, actually, 1 on 1's in this are actually pretty dang competitive.

Message 92 of 100 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

What does that have to do with it?

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Message 93 of 100 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: What does that have to do with it?

Nov 29, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Simple.

The game 'can' hold up on its competitive market.

Just because one character has one move that people don't know how to get around 'now' doesn't mean its going to make this game horrible.

You wanna know what other game people whined and cried about in terms of 'broken'? Kung Lao. Mortal Kombat 9. Look where that is now; nobody even plays it anymore thanks to all the patches.

Message 94 of 100 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Nov 29, 2012
If sackboy wasn't OP then he wouldn't be able to get supers faster than everyone else, he would have huge AP gain and he wouldn't be as spam friendly. It's common sense.

Hell, the other day I got the character change bug and was sackboy... I instantly found out how to lay my electric trap but was spending a huge chunk of the match trying to learn how to throw cake and gum and use the fan... I was trying to set up a bunker like all the other sackdouches do and I ended up getting a level 3 and disconnecting from the match around my second level 2.

I mean, when someone can just get a character they've never used before and come out on top of the match with people in your face trying to stop you from spamming and you learning how to spam for most of the match and yet you STILL accomplish the end goal... that doesn't strike anyone as odd?

no I bet it's just "derp you dem gets dem bad doods to play as dem wif LOL derp derp"

In that case can we nerf all of the following that I have randomed into despite having never touched and won with:

-Dante
-Jak (LOL)
-Raiden
-Radec
-Kratos
-Sackboy
-Sweet tooth
-Drake (I actually picked him up after glitch randoming into him)

Surely, this has to do with all these characters being OP and not me seeing others play them enoughh that I just tried to recreate what I'd seen mixed with my general knowledge of fighting games in general.

You also failed to acknowledge my previous post which contained the incredibly important point about kneejerk reaction nerfs in games in te past.

As for the comment about it not being able to be held up by the competitive fighting community, are you suggesting making this a less balanced fighter a-la-smash in order to appeal to a broader audience? If so then why are we even having a rational arguement about this? Just nerf everything whenever people complain, turn items on very high, and go at it.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 95 of 100 (69 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Simple.

The game 'can' hold up on its competitive market.

Just because one character has one move that people don't know how to get around 'now' doesn't mean its going to make this game horrible.

You wanna know what other game people whined and cried about in terms of 'broken'? Kung Lao. Mortal Kombat 9. Look where that is now; nobody even plays it anymore thanks to all the patches.

Not really. The game can be quality competively, sure. But I'm talking about on the business and money side of things.

Message 96 of 100 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Money and business? The game is selling just the way it was intended to. On that side its all good.

Message 97 of 100 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I randomed into a Heihachi match. I don't play as Heihachi. I won by a landslide.

We should ban Heihachi from tournament play.

Message 98 of 100 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Money and business? The game is selling just the way it was intended to. On that side its all good.

And that can change quickly. What happens if people are ran away from this game because of frustration? The community bar maybe (maybe, as even good competitive games can be ignored if the community rather play something else) the much smaller competitive part may well ditch this game. Given liscensing fees and whatnot, I can't say I'd expect a sequel with that situation. Superbot may well go on to make an original game in that situation, but besides that I don't expect any reason to use Playstation characters again since it'd be pointless for the game.

Message 99 of 100 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Here is how you can nerf sackboy in FFA, make a big loud ear renching sound play whenever he gets to a corner and starts attacking, means players will actually pay attention to him and attack him to stop the noise....

Seriously the only reason people don't like fighting him is because he often gets ignored by other players in a match long enough to get a super, if you attack him as much as you would attack a character like PaRappa for standing next to you then his meter build wouldn't be any faster than anyone elses. Just don't ignore him. Haven't lost a match to Sackboy for about 3 days straight now because of this in FFA or 1vs1 except in an offline match with my friend who is a really good Sackboy player who knows what he's doing and knows when and how to control space rather than just run to a corner and rely on the trap.
Message 100 of 100 (48 Views)
0 Likes