Uncharted Territory
1516 posts

Re: Sack boy's Nerf Was Not Because of Just The Community

Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@Nocturnal__Gamer There's also a difference between spamming and actually zoning. Zoning means adjusting to whatever scenario you are in rather than just keep using the exact same move over and over. If a Radec player kept using his sniper and ONLY his sniper and some player gets close to him it's not going to work, the same was with Sackboy but people just ignored him all match then wondered how he suddently managed to get a level 3 despite no player chasing him down...

So you have the ability to walk through his electric pad? Can you teach me how to do that?

Oh and can you teach me how to teleport so I can catch him 

Thanks in advance 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (262 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Honestly the nerf makes no sense to me. I'll admit first off, I've never encountered or used him online. He's a "meh" character to me, and EVERYONE uses kratos, raiden, and occasionally dante. I ran into a couple of radecs and one cole and toro, everyone else is someone with a big blade. Annoying as can be if you ask me, completely ruins the point to all stars and I believe kratos's square attacks are slightly OP.

Now with that disclaimer out of the way, I think the nerf is simply too much. Just look at it, he has few attacks (more support stuff than anyone else in the game I believe) and what few he have dropped big time including his slow jam attack (what's the point of using it now if it's too slow and get low point, better just to slap silly). His supers all take quite a bit more to earn as well. This means I'll have to use his few attacks even more and more to get anything done, which means he's simply a lot more boring or if someone is desperate it encrouages more spam (simply tune down the fire rate if spamming was bad, but making it weaker makes you want to try to pump it out as fast as you can to make it count). I'm upset over this because I do enjoy LBP, I find sackboy very iconic despite not being a long time character, and he fits in well and it felt great to use him occasionally in bot matches. Likewise he was a fun opponent to fight as a bot. Now he'll have to hit me a billion times with what little he has to do anything. Likewise he'll bore me to death if I use him.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (251 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

@ihatemath113 Well if you can tell me how to alk through Kratos' or ANY characters attacks casually I'll be very much appreciative.

Sackboy's jam session, cake AND electric pad can all be destroyed or blocked by any character in the game. Last I checked you can't do that to Radec's sniper bullet, shotgun blast or grenades.

You want to break it? Any low hitting attack or charging attack will bust it, most characters have a sweeping move, if Sackboy is sitting right next to it then it's a free combo if you hit him and break the pad at once. Other characters like Kratos, Sir Daniel, Coles, Toro, Sly and Big Daddy can break it by just using their sheild charge/body ramming attacks to plow through it and mess Sackboy up by hitting him or getting within close range.

Other characters have the option to just toss out a traveling attack to break it, Nathan can kick a barrel then just walk alongside it and let the barrel break it for him. Fat princess can send in her knights if she wants to just cut through it quickly and set her up for a free combo if it hits sackboy, her mage will work too for this. The coles can throw projectiles to bust it, sir Daniels dragon breath or skull hand will break it aswell as net some nice meter for hitting Sackboy. Spike can use his little remote laser too. Toro can throw mochi balls if he doesn't feel like using his ninja slide to break it.

Having problems with cake? Any character with a half decent extended range melee like Kratos's blades, Sweet tooths shotgun or Fat Princess' wand are good examples of cake cutters. Lots of projectiles will either clash with it to break it or just pass through it, Radec's sniper and Drakes magnum just go right on through cake and jam.

Of course if you have the option to, you can always bring Sackboy to you instead of you going to him. Kratos, PaRappa and Nariko can just use their chain grab type moves to pull themselves or him within their melee range and crush him.

If you don't play ANY character capable of any of these then blocking and dodge rolling is always a good trick. Oh and if sackboy tries to roll away when close? You can throw him during his roll.

Okay you're turn, how can I just "walk through" Kratos' blade attacks? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1516 posts

Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:

You dodge roll

Now on to sackboy even if I know ALL OF THAT the other 2 idiots Im matched up with might not and thus Sackboy=Free level 3 

A character that makes you rely on your other 2 enemies knowing how to play the game is broken 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@caiDW: Actually I find most of radec's attacks rather easy to avoid. His grenades can be spammed almost by accident, but they almost need to be thanks to how easy they are to dodge, his sniper is just a distracting problem on most maps (just beat the crap out of him, or use R&C's much better sniping. I've never been down for long under his fire), and his shotgun is just another diagonal attack that almost anyone has (or has even better in some cases). At the very most, he can have his sniper rate toned just a bit, but if you're telling me all of those attacks are OP.... I really don't believe you one bit, I've gotten the crap beaten out of me by kratos and raiden and any other good player plenty of times. I gave up eventually and changed to sly, who works much better for me online.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1516 posts

Dec 1, 2012
and The thing about Kratos is He can get his level 3 and I can dodge it there are no consequences to me if he gets his level 3

BUT SACKBOY SACKYBOY CAN FEED OFF THE OTHER 2 PLAYERS USE HIS LEVEL 3 AND I NO LONGER GET TO PLAY
The nerfs were too far yes but I'm so happy I won't have to see him anymore that I do not care

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@ihatemath113

I agree that the only real reason Sackboy was a problem for players was because no one else went after him, it's the same for any player taking advantage of struggles if you ignore them then they'll take over and win.

I agree that his level 3 was too good even if his other supers were really bad, but all that needed to be tweaked was not to have you respawn in a bubble the same way you don't respawn in another box for Raidens level 3. Problem solved without having to super nerf him.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1516 posts

Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@ihatemath113

I agree that the only real reason Sackboy was a problem for players was because no one else went after him, it's the same for any player taking advantage of struggles if you ignore them then they'll take over and win.

I agree that his level 3 was too good even if his other supers were really bad, but all that needed to be tweaked was not to have you respawn in a bubble the same way you don't respawn in another box for Raidens level 3. Problem solved without having to super nerf him.

Thats what I said they should do all along 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (202 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@jgunner280 Exactly, people learned to adapt to avoiding Radecs sniper but no one bothered to try adapt to Sackboy. Radec is perfectly fine, Sackboy WAS fine except the bubble immobility of his level 3 (I think it should have been more like Raidens where you;re only in the bubble/box for the first kill)
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4260 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarcusSoul wrote:
I read that post about the community ruining Sackboy and then I remembered when Omar said that they weren't going to Nerf someone just because people complained, they were going to look at the info on how characters were being used and investigate if there was a problem. And the Community and SuperBot have spoken. Sackboy was Op, and he's getting NERFD No more spamming for you.

Based on the collected data? I can't trust Superbot to tweak the balance system if they just rely on data. They should have used data wisely AND play online themselves for many hours in order to figure out the core of the problem. The nerf on Sackboy doesn't seem rational, but we'll see.

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (186 Views)
0 Likes