Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 06 2013
By: GnomeWizard PlayStation MVP 2398 posts
Accepted Solution

SUSPEND/BAN Rage quitters.

31 replies 618 views Edited Feb 6, 2013
This is really ruining the game. They're in ranked and quick matches. Even if you're not the host it still ruins the game. What if somebody (usually me) is going for their level 3. Then you quit! Making it so I lose those potential kills! It's garbage! Please Sony or whoever is patching this game, add a system like uncharted 2, where if you quit, you have to wait 10 minutes to join a game. Then if you quit or sign out again its like 30 minutes. Then go up to 2 hours. Than 2 days ok? It's getting pathetic and making the game unplayable at the moment.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (618 Views)
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Re: SUSPEND/BAN Rage quitters.

Feb 6, 2013

Ok.

*Lagged out*

*Attempts to join another game*

*YOU MUST WAIT 10 MINS FOR LEAVING*

*Quits and never comes back*

Mission accomplished?

Survivor
2126 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

They can't do that because people invariably get dropped for one reason or another. Every morning around 7 am I get dropped before the match even starts at least 5 times and I end up losing ranks, more so because it isn't my fault. You mean to tell me Sony should ban me?

No they can't, they have imposed a penalty already for rage quitters or people who get dropped in the game. Adding any form of suspension without absolute certainty that there is a rage quit would end up going from one extreme to the other and would **bleep** off a lot of people.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8355 posts

Feb 6, 2013
My problem with that is they would punish people who didn't rage quit. People who lagged out or had to be somewhere are going to get punished for no reason.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (570 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

Hey vizionary2012 that kept happening to me too. Last night when i was trying to get some practice with Sir Dan on quick match FFA stock everytime the match finally started it just immediatly pops up with the lost connection to host. It was so aggrivating. Atleast its not just happening to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2535 posts

Feb 6, 2013

They already do this with League of Legends. It strives to be a super competitive strategy game. If this game wanted to be the same, implementing this would not hurt it's chances.

SSB took a while to be competitive. If this game punished rage quitters, it would gain competitiveness much faster.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Way to doom the entire community.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2126 posts

Feb 6, 2013
It is as if Trash Crap didn't read my post at all.
Unless:

a) This game's connectivity issues decrease drastically
b) Sony is absolutely certain that the person has rage quit

They cannot implement any kind of suspension system. Rage quitters are in the game, this much is certain but many MANY times people get lagged out of matches or just get dropped altogether. They already have a penal system in place that if you for whatever reason lose connection to the host you get dropped about 15 BP.

To make matters worse people get dropped several times without them rage quitting and still get docked points, I get docked points several times and the match doesn't even start. Rage quitters are annoying but until the game gets better in connectivity the current penal system is sufficient. People would be getting suspended/banned left right and center for things they have no control over.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (503 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

Ive said this a few hundred times and Ill say it again.

Rage quitters are not the problem, the object of the game is to have fun.

If you have alot of rage quitters the chances are you are preventing people from having fun by playing well above their capability or lamely. Dont expect someone to stick around in a match while u use them as a ragdoll for your combos and super setups.

This games needs host migration and a balanced belt system that doesnt favour spammers and cheap players.

Im going to guess you are either a very good player or a drake/kratos/sly player.

Try playing a balanced character with an emphasis on fair play then going into a game with an OP character who spams and wins for reasons beyond your control.

• Other players let him gain AP because they cant block
  • Other players with less experience give him multikills
  • Other players prevent you interfering by spamming a white-out or heavy knockback move (kratos, barrels, electro roll etc).
  • Players gang up on you because you have the highest belt
  • Players with lag cause you to die.
  • I could go on and on.

Quitting ranked matches for the moment is almost completely justified in the case of lamers and cheap players. Players like me who play balanced characters are forced to endure match after match of worst case scenario match ups (3 -50 belt players. Win = 3 Lose = -15) untill enivitably you end up at the recieving end of a few hundred barrels and end up loosing 5 matches worth of points. It only needs to happen once every 5 matches to prevent you advancing but we all know drake/kratos matches are far more frequent than that.

If you are genuinly a good player who just wins alot then Im sorry to tell you but the system isnt designed for you. People dont like to get their **bleep** kicked, if you picked a fight with someone who turned out to be a black belt you wouldnt stick around till you were a bloody pulp. If you entered a match in Modern warfare and a single guy was on a 25 kill streak you probably wouldnt stick around for that either, but Modern warfare has host migration so it doesnt matter.

If ive interested you at all, have a read of the link below my sig, last part of the post.. thats whats needed.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Feb 6, 2013

HOW DARE THEY PLAY THE GAME HOW THEY WANT EVEN THOUGH THEY PAID FOR IT? BAN THEM! BAN THEM ALL!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (491 Views)
0 Likes