Mar 15 2013
By: Ndukauba Gaming Beast 1859 posts

STOP COMPLAINING!

38 replies 540 views Edited Mar 15, 2013
Lord have mercy! All of the characters in the game have had adjustments (minor and/or major), so anything goes! Nobody has played with this patch except for the guys in the GameSpot tournament, and they seemed to enjoy it, so quit crying! Also, and this is probably the most important part, for anyone complaining about their main character's abilities being nerfed to the point where you would stop playing that character, you should be ashamed of yourselves... How could you ever say, "I main Sackboy", then switch it up to, "I did main Sackboy, but after the Patch, not anymore"? Really? Let me make one thing clear: IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP YOUR CHARACTER BECAUSE OF A PATCH, THEN DON'T EVER MAIN A CHARACTER AGAIN! A true main would stick with his character no matter what happens! So, if you are seriously willing to give up your main because of this Patch, you'd better become real acquainted with the Random Section...
Message 1 of 39 (540 Views)
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Re: STOP COMPLAINING!

Mar 15, 2013

It's impossible to not have anyone complain anytime an ajustment is made to a character that wasn't a clear bug.

But expect a lot of threads discussing the changes for the next week. It's a big change to the game, so it requires discussion, We just need to remember to keep it all civilized Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 39 (543 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Is there a vid with the gamespot tournament? If so could someone link it much appreciated.
Message 3 of 39 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Regardless of what the patch changes would have been, people would still complain.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 39 (523 Views)
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I have always believed that your main should be the character that you feel has the best tool that fit your playstlye, even if that inclues mashing. Most of the time my favorite character in the game isn't my favorite to play as. I really enjoyed Sackboy until the first patch bacause he lost the ap gain on his zoning tools and forced him to become an aggressive character with all of these run away options.

" Everybody following their heart; that's a loser's strategy"
-Seth Killian
Message 5 of 39 (509 Views)
Last Guardian
9960 posts

Re: Read other thread

Mar 15, 2013
I just wish people would play it before saying stuff like "OMG RIP Sackboy".
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 6 of 39 (497 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I agree. A true player doesn't just main a character because they are good. A true player gets good at a character they like no matter what.

Message 7 of 39 (511 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

I never complained about the patch.

original.png

Message 8 of 39 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2456 posts

Mar 15, 2013
"IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP YOUR CHARACTER BECAUSE OF A PATCH, THEN DON'T EVER MAIN A CHARACTER AGAIN!"
Thats pretty dumb, patches can ruin certain elements that made somebody like that character in the first place.
Message 9 of 39 (465 Views)
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Mar 15, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
"IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP YOUR CHARACTER BECAUSE OF A PATCH, THEN DON'T EVER MAIN A CHARACTER AGAIN!"
Thats pretty dumb, patches can ruin certain elements that made somebody like that character in the first place.

You understand so little... The only thing the Patch will do is make the nerfed characters more nuanced, but if you stick with them, they can be very powerful. Prime example, Emmett Graves is an EXTREMELY nuanced charcter, and yet, the people who stuck with him are able to defeat even some of the best players around.

Message 10 of 39 (456 Views)
0 Likes