I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Re: SSM: "all hope is not gone"

May 13, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Digidevil4 wrote:

Cmon think about it logically...

1. Originally we saw a dlc per month which then grinding to a complete halt with no information following it.

2. This complete stop correlated with the release of GOW:A

3. They didnt bother fixing the belt issue for almost 3 seasons. Then one day it was miraculously fixed without a patch.

4. A games audience rapidly dwindles the longer you go without supporting it. There is no logic to ignoring your audience.

1. The DLC a month happened because the original developers were still involved with those DLC packs and then the reshuffle happened.

2. It also correlated with the complete reshuffle mentioned above

3. Logic suggests that the sudden belt fix actually shows that SSM HAVE been doing something for this game. The belts wouldn't just magically fix themselves out of nowhere.

4. Actually, if a game is liked enough, fans will continue to support it. There are PS1 franchises that are still hugely popular. As a Tomb Raider fan, I've seen this. The Level Editor software was released in 1999/2000 and people are STILL producing fan-made TR levels with the PS1-era engine, despite the fact that the developer behind it hasn't provided official support in years due to the fact that they no longer exist.

To those thinking lack of DLC somehow kills a game, you are the most negative, childish, needy people I have ever seen. The forum is still fairly active, people are producing videos and small, unofficial tournaments, and I sure as hell am not going to drop my history project just because there's a chance there won't be more DLC (hell, no more DLC characters would make my life easier Smiley Tongue). The game may not have set the world on fire, but a small but loyal fanbase has crowded around it, and claiming that every single one of us is going to leave just because there's no more DLC is absurd.

PS All-Stars is a fun game that I may not play constantly, but I like to pull it out every so often if I want a quick blast on something simple. Very few games do that for me, so while the game may not have as much content as some people want, and there are obvious flaws, there's a solid gameplay base that keeps bringing people back. And of course, the more people keep coming back, which does seem to be happening, the greater the likelihood that we'll get a sequel on the PS4.

Reports of this game's death have been greatly exaggerated.

I will never leave this game. It's just that I'm annoyed on how SSM is taking care of this game. They aren't.

SuperBot once said that they would have supported this game for the entire year. SSM is not.

I'm just annoyed by this. And regarding a sequel on the PS4...please no...I got no money to afford a PS4 ç_ç

firma.PNG

Message 31 of 55 (201 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

tahu360 wrote:
You do realize that it takes them a while to negotiate and develop characters including stories also they are working on patches so that people could stay quiet about unbalanced characters in the game heck why not balance the DLC when there being added

Sorry but this doesn't cut it with me anymore. A simple  "we are working on *insert thing here*" isn't that hard to do now is it? They don't have to tell is when it's out, how far they are into working on it and so on. Just letting us know more is coming would be enough. Rather than that after two months we get very brief messages that mean **bleep** all. We know third alts for Zeus and Isaac are already in the game so why has nothing been said about that? It seems to me this game is on life support at the moment. My patience has been and gone I'm afraid. If we hear nothing around E3 in June about character DLC or the like(the perfect time in my opinion) then it's safe to say this game is dead in terms of support.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 32 of 55 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

May 13, 2013
@wwinterj you mean support from SSM? Ha! They release a new GoW DLC every week, which shows that they have put most of their team on GoW projects. Well what can we do?
Message 33 of 55 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

May 13, 2013

francesco734 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Digidevil4 wrote:

1. Originally we saw a dlc per month which then grinding to a complete halt with no information following it.

3. They didnt bother fixing the belt issue for almost 3 seasons. Then one day it was miraculously fixed without a patch.

4. A games audience rapidly dwindles the longer you go without supporting it. There is no logic to ignoring your audience.

1. The DLC a month happened because the original developers were still involved with those DLC packs and then the reshuffle happened.

3. Logic suggests that the sudden belt fix actually shows that SSM HAVE been doing something for this game. The belts wouldn't just magically fix themselves out of nowhere.

4. Actually, if a game is liked enough, fans will continue to support it. There are PS1 franchises that are still hugely popular. As a Tomb Raider fan, I've seen this. The Level Editor software was released in 1999/2000 and people are STILL producing fan-made TR levels with the PS1-era engine, despite the fact that the developer behind it hasn't provided official support in years due to the fact that they no longer exist.

To those thinking lack of DLC somehow kills a game, you are the most negative, childish, needy people I have ever seen. The forum is still fairly active, people are producing videos and small, unofficial tournaments, and I sure as hell am not going to drop my history project just because there's a chance there won't be more DLC (hell, no more DLC characters would make my life easier Smiley Tongue). The game may not have set the world on fire, but a small but loyal fanbase has crowded around it, and claiming that every single one of us is going to leave just because there's no more DLC is absurd.

PS All-Stars is a fun game that I may not play constantly, but I like to pull it out every so often if I want a quick blast on something simple. Very few games do that for me, so while the game may not have as much content as some people want, and there are obvious flaws, there's a solid gameplay base that keeps bringing people back. And of course, the more people keep coming back, which does seem to be happening, the greater the likelihood that we'll get a sequel on the PS4.

I will never leave this game. It's just that I'm annoyed on how SSM is taking care of this game. They aren't.

SuperBot once said that they would have supported this game for the entire year. SSM is not.

I'm just annoyed by this. And regarding a sequel on the PS4...please no...I got no money to afford a PS4 ç_ç

I really shouldnt use the word dead because unfortunately I cant just drop this game. I can recognise the terrible state its in along with how badly they are managing it but I cant just drop it, ive already invested too much time in it. Dead and No more DLC is obvously not the same thing but if SSM actively came out and said "No more patches/DLC" alot of people would just stop playing, I would definately play much less or quit altogether. What they are doing at the moment is just telling us to stay tuned over and over so we dont pick up on the fact that they arent interested in supporting it propely anymore.

There were statistics backing up the claim that the last patch dessimated the playerbase but I dont remember who posted them. It transpired that some of the more popular unofficial forums (where all the good players discuss tactics) halfed in views that particular month.

Also please continue your videos because the first one is awesome.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 34 of 55 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

May 13, 2013

leostrike3 wrote:
@wwinterj you mean support from SSM? Ha! They release a new GoW DLC every week, which shows that they have put most of their team on GoW projects. Well what can we do?

Yes from SSM been as they are the folks working on this game now. What I can do? Nothing really but watch this game die.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 35 of 55 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9937 posts

May 13, 2013
Did you even see the people who responded to that tweet? They weren't exactly respectful. Some of them weren't even literate.

I can't blame SM for not wanting to talk to fans on twitter.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 36 of 55 (171 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

May 13, 2013
@wwinterj so how does a game die? Does it like start up then shuts off the same time? Or does it pops up a message saying Failure of game to start due to Cloud,Crash,spyro and Lara not being in the game?
Message 37 of 55 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

leostrike3 wrote:
@wwinterj so how does a game die? Does it like start up then shuts off the same time? Or does it pops up a message saying Failure of game to start due to Cloud,Crash,spyro and Lara not being in the game?

A game dies by having less and less people playing it online. With a game like this online is key. Sure you can fire it up and play offline whenever you wish with a few buddys and a beer or several but with lack of support from SSM the games online will decline, a lot will move on as they will loose interest and this game will be as good as dead.

I'm not talking about adding new characters, stages and so on as such but patches also. Although with a game of this nature new characters and stages are a must to keep things fresh. Unless a sequel is announced. You may be content with how things are and that's great but to me personally I find it sad that this game will never reach it's full potential just because Sony and SMM have brushed it to one side.

Message 38 of 55 (164 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

May 13, 2013
@wwinterj wrong my friend only bad gameplay kills games, it doesn't matter if people stop playing this game only thing that matters is if they had fun playing it. I gotta say PSASBR was a load of fun.
Message 39 of 55 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 13, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

francesco734 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Digidevil4 wrote:

I really shouldnt use the word dead because unfortunately I cant just drop this game. I can recognise the terrible state its in along with how badly they are managing it but I cant just drop it, ive already invested too much time in it. Dead and No more DLC is obvously not the same thing but if SSM actively came out and said "No more patches/DLC" alot of people would just stop playing, I would definately play much less or quit altogether. What they are doing at the moment is just telling us to stay tuned over and over so we dont pick up on the fact that they arent interested in supporting it propely anymore.

There were statistics backing up the claim that the last patch dessimated the playerbase but I dont remember who posted them. It transpired that some of the more popular unofficial forums (where all the good players discuss tactics) halfed in views that particular month.

Also please continue your videos because the first one is awesome.

Absolutely you're going to lose players over time. This happens with all games, no matter how well supported. My big wall of text didn't argue with that. I'm not saying people should stick around if they don't enjoy the game, I'm just saying that there seem to be a lot of loyal fans who enjoy playing the game to some capacity, and while that small but loyal group of fans sticks around, the game is still alive. SSM's silence is frustrating, but really, has it killed off the game completely? From what I'm seeing, the answer is a definite no.

I don't understand how you can say "I can't just drop it" and then say "if they say they are no more patches I might just quit altogether", but those two statements completely contradict one another. If you enjoy playing the game, keep playing it. If you don't, stop. Your decision shouldn't be reliant on developer support.

I've certainly been playing the game less recently, but like I said, I haven't abandoned it entirely because I like returning to it every so often and messing about in it, even when I'm not working on my videos, so to me the game is far from dead, and the fact that there are many of us still on this forum talking about the game shows that many others feel the same way.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 40 of 55 (156 Views)
0 Likes