I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Re: SSM: "all hope is not gone"

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

"No patience at all"

Really? they have said nothing relevant to all stars in more than 2 months and we are being impatient. Not only that but the game is broken and they are showing little to no enthusiasm to fix it.

We arent being pesimmistic you guys are in huge denial about the state of the game.

Cmon think about it logically...

1. Originally we saw a dlc per month which then grinding to a complete halt with no information following it.

2. This complete stop correlated with the release of GOW:A

3. They didnt bother fixing the belt issue for almost 3 seasons. Then one day it was miraculously fixed without a patch.

4. A games audience rapidly dwindles the longer you go without supporting it. There is no logic to ignoring your audience.

Then the only positive thing is the fact that we have some known, unreleased DLC which they are just keeping quiet on.

In some futile attempt to extend the games life they will probably just release these down the line and tell us to stay tuned again.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 21 of 55 (243 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

May 13, 2013

tahu360 wrote:
You guys don't even have any patiences at all

It's been 2 months since the last Patch. We don't have any kind of update since then. They could at least break their silence and tell us if they are working on a patch/characters/costumes/minions/something.

firma.PNG

Message 22 of 55 (241 Views)
Fender Bender
3659 posts

May 13, 2013
Agreed with the both of you.
Message 23 of 55 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

May 13, 2013
You do realize that it takes them a while to negotiate and develop characters including stories also they are working on patches so that people could stay quiet about unbalanced characters in the game heck why not balance the DLC when there being added
Message 24 of 55 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

May 13, 2013
I also agree. I'm a very patient guy, and I'm always in support of this game, but time is ticking away. The longer they go without any real announcements the less people will be around when they finally do make one.

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 25 of 55 (230 Views)
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

May 13, 2013
@tahu sadly I wouldn't really be surprised or care if SSM stops making DLC for this game, I'd still play the hell out of it.
Message 26 of 55 (226 Views)
Last Guardian
9866 posts

May 13, 2013
The game isn't dead until FANS stop supporting it, not SM.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 27 of 55 (214 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 13, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

Cmon think about it logically...

1. Originally we saw a dlc per month which then grinding to a complete halt with no information following it.

2. This complete stop correlated with the release of GOW:A

3. They didnt bother fixing the belt issue for almost 3 seasons. Then one day it was miraculously fixed without a patch.

4. A games audience rapidly dwindles the longer you go without supporting it. There is no logic to ignoring your audience.

1. The DLC a month happened because the original developers were still involved with those DLC packs and then the reshuffle happened.

2. It also correlated with the complete reshuffle mentioned above

3. Logic suggests that the sudden belt fix actually shows that SSM HAVE been doing something for this game. The belts wouldn't just magically fix themselves out of nowhere.

4. Actually, if a game is liked enough, fans will continue to support it. There are PS1 franchises that are still hugely popular. As a Tomb Raider fan, I've seen this. The Level Editor software was released in 1999/2000 and people are STILL producing fan-made TR levels with the PS1-era engine, despite the fact that the developer behind it hasn't provided official support in years due to the fact that they no longer exist.

To those thinking lack of DLC somehow kills a game, you are the most negative, childish, needy people I have ever seen. The forum is still fairly active, people are producing videos and small, unofficial tournaments, and I sure as hell am not going to drop my history project just because there's a chance there won't be more DLC (hell, no more DLC characters would make my life easier Smiley Tongue). The game may not have set the world on fire, but a small but loyal fanbase has crowded around it, and claiming that every single one of us is going to leave just because there's no more DLC is absurd.

PS All-Stars is a fun game that I may not play constantly, but I like to pull it out every so often if I want a quick blast on something simple. Very few games do that for me, so while the game may not have as much content as some people want, and there are obvious flaws, there's a solid gameplay base that keeps bringing people back. And of course, the more people keep coming back, which does seem to be happening, the greater the likelihood that we'll get a sequel on the PS4.

Reports of this game's death have been greatly exaggerated.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 28 of 55 (192 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

May 13, 2013

tahu360 wrote:
You do realize that it takes them a while to negotiate and develop characters including stories also they are working on patches so that people could stay quiet about unbalanced characters in the game heck why not balance the DLC when there being added

It takes time to make a character? Yes, I agree. But then again, why would they just shut up when is asked if they're working on something? Do they like to see us suffer? I don't get it! Many people left the game for the lack of support. And maybe they are right...SSM never proved that this game will be supported again.

firma.PNG

Message 29 of 55 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

May 13, 2013
It's been 6 months since this game came out, so you'd think that it would have more support around it until at least a year has gone by.
@nasrulez
That's true, but why would the fans want to support a game that has so many minor glitches and problems? If this game had some of the main concerns addressed (like the character select glitch that's been here since day 1) then maybe people would be more inclined to stick around and support the game. We've already shown support by giving feedback through our various tweets, so it's SSM's fault for not giving us any real convincing comments about their support for the game currently. And until they do people will speculate and/or give up.

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 30 of 55 (181 Views)
0 Likes