Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Re: SSM Keeps Dragging Their Feet...

May 18, 2013

Ndukauba wrote:
@this_is_marko: Just to let you know, Sonic remains relevant just as Mario will remain relevant. People BEGGED to have Sonic since Melee, but due to time constraints, he wasn't included. Same goes for Snake. That's why they are in Brawl. They are characters loved by a lot of fans, so as long as the fans live them, they'll never die. Zoose does not fall under this category. He was an awesome boss, but that's it. When the title "God of War" is mentioned, who do you think about? Kratos, or Zoose? We all know Zoose doesn't belong in this game because there are other characters who rightfully deserve a spot in this game. Hell, even Seth Killian said Zoose is more well known from Greek Mythology than from God of War when he showcased the new characters to Colin Moriarty...

what i don't understand is why was sonic considered relevant before brawl but crash isn't.  Most people would agree that sonic hadn't had a good game since sonic adventure 2 (before brawl so colors and generations weren't made yet) and lots of people would argue even that game wasn't good.  Same with crash.  Most people would say that Crash hadn't had a good game since twinsanity and others would say that wasn't a good game either.  But people say that Crash hasn't been in a good game in a long time and went multiplatform so he's no longer relevant yet sonic (who was in the exact same situation) gets a free pass?  Sonic was the most requested character for smash and crash was the most requested character for allstars.  I loved that sonic was in brawl and i would love crash in allstars.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 71 of 79 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9963 posts

May 18, 2013
Smash has way more fans than this game. So when they ask for something it's heard. Not that they don't know people want Crash, but there's obviously some reason that's conflicting his inclusion.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 72 of 79 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Smash has way more fans than this game. So when they ask for something it's heard. Not that they don't know people want Crash, but there's obviously some reason that's conflicting his inclusion.

oh i'm not complaining that he's not in.  I just feel like in a game that celebrates an entire console's history, whether or not a character is still making games shouldn't be a major factor.  It should really boil down to how much of an impact that character has had, either in the past or the present

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 73 of 79 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9963 posts

May 18, 2013
I agree. Hopefully for a sequel they get that ugly creep so people will shut up Smiley Very Happy
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 74 of 79 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

May 18, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

FaunKeH_5 wrote:
those of you saying "they fixed titles". big whoop, that was a glitch that was never meant to exist and took 3 MONTHS to fix -_-
even then, who should care about titles if the game itself doesnt work
nice use of resources SSM, fix the least concerning glitch over such a long period of time and show 0 signs of hope for a potentially amazing + profitable game

Glitches aren't meant to exist generally. That's why they're glitches. If they're meant to be there, then they become features Smiley Tongue

And actually, it is a big deal. Those titles were A MESS. The fact that they'd not been fixed in the entire time Superbot still had the game should say how much of an issue it was. That SSM have fixed it so promptly since getting the game speaks volumes, and it's a good sign that they're likely to fix more. It just takes time.

youre taking what i said out of context, what i mean is they really must have messed up something that was initially working from the beginning. all their patching has done is brought more s***

and no theyre not a big deal. how many of you really care that much about a lame ranking system compared to decent WORKING gameplay?

"a sign theyre likely to fix more", more like a sign they give little care about this game and the community that theyve fixed one minor problem over 3 months. if you think titles were top priority to be fixed, something is wrong with your way of thinking

i seriouly love this game and have supported it from the start, but i struggle to want to play when i get faced with so much brokenness online. the best matches ive had is with 3 other really good players, creating custom versus games, and even then it takes at least 10 minutes to fiddle around making sure the whole party can actually play without dcing.

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 75 of 79 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

@This_is_marko

That's an interesting point.

I think one thing you have to consider is that, while Sonic also eventually became irrelevant and multiplatform, that only happened after Sega stopped making consoles and went full third party. Sonic is also fairly iconic gaming icon, his heyday was 10 years long and was notable for being a rival to Nintendo (unlike Crash). There's also the fact that he is involved with Nintendo still in a number of ways (exclusive Sonic-Nintendo games, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games etc.)

Message 76 of 79 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 18, 2013

FaunKeH_5 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

FaunKeH_5 wrote:
those of you saying "they fixed titles". big whoop, that was a glitch that was never meant to exist and took 3 MONTHS to fix -_-
even then, who should care about titles if the game itself doesnt work
nice use of resources SSM, fix the least concerning glitch over such a long period of time and show 0 signs of hope for a potentially amazing + profitable game

Glitches aren't meant to exist generally. That's why they're glitches. If they're meant to be there, then they become features Smiley Tongue

And actually, it is a big deal. Those titles were A MESS. The fact that they'd not been fixed in the entire time Superbot still had the game should say how much of an issue it was. That SSM have fixed it so promptly since getting the game speaks volumes, and it's a good sign that they're likely to fix more. It just takes time.

youre taking what i said out of context, what i mean is they really must have messed up something that was initially working from the beginning. all their patching has done is brought more s***

and no theyre not a big deal. how many of you really care that much about a lame ranking system compared to decent WORKING gameplay?

"a sign theyre likely to fix more", more like a sign they give little care about this game and the community that theyve fixed one minor problem over 3 months. if you think titles were top priority to be fixed, something is wrong with your way of thinking

i seriouly love this game and have supported it from the start, but i struggle to want to play when i get faced with so much brokenness online. the best matches ive had is with 3 other really good players, creating custom versus games, and even then it takes at least 10 minutes to fiddle around making sure the whole party can actually play without dcing.

What are you talking about? The titles have never worked until now. There were a few isolated cases of people getting their titles here and there, but overall, it was botched to all hell, and Superbot never fixed it. Within what seemed like a month of getting the game, SSM had a consistent fix that worked across the board the next time the tournament ticked over.

They haven't had the game for three months, they've had it for, at best, two, and part of that would have been trying to bring over Superbot's pre-existing DLC, so little time for glitch fixing.

And it IS a sign they'll fix more. Fixing gameplay issues is a lot harder to do than the title issue, so of course the title issue's going to be fixed first. I'm not saying it was the major priority, I'm saying it's the first thing they did because it's one of the simpler things to so.

Here's the thing. The title/tournament reset a relatively simple fix that doesn't require a patch (it's an online server issue more than anything else), while gameplay issues require SSM to reverse engineer much of the code to figure out where the issues are, and when they do fix it (and they will), it WILL require a patch. That takes TIME.

This is why I'm saying it's a sign that more will be fixed. If the easier stuff is already being fixed, it's likely the major stuff will come. All that's needed is patience.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 77 of 79 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 18, 2013

Ndukauba wrote:
@this_is_marko: Just to let you know, Sonic remains relevant just as Mario will remain relevant. People BEGGED to have Sonic since Melee, but due to time constraints, he wasn't included.

Actually, I believe Sonic wasn't in Melee because the Dreamcast was still out while Melee was in development, and therefore Sega were a rival console manufacturer and not a third party publisher only at that point, so there was no chance for any kind of discussion on the matter. It would have been like asking to put Master Chief or Mario in this. I think time constraints still apply since the Dreamcast's demise was so close to Melee's release, it would have been too late even if he had been considered.

And it was Kojima himself who begged to have Snake in, not the fans (which explains why he was in a Nintendo brawler despite most of his games being PS exclusives), but I don't think fans were complaining Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 78 of 79 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

May 18, 2013

Well if we see/hear nothing around E3 then this game is as good as dead when it comes to DLC. Smiley Indifferent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 79 of 79 (100 Views)
0 Likes