Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Re: SSM Keeps Dragging Their Feet...

May 17, 2013

X-_Jos_-X wrote:
No I just think you're a inpatient **bleep**

his "impatience" is understandable, dont forget that the Isaac and Zeus skins are there in the game.. and have been for awhile now, yet havent been released for purcahse yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 79 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

May 17, 2013

wwinterj wrote:

The_Afrokid wrote:
Don't understand this thread. SSM isn't going to tell you everything they do.

They are not going to tell us ANYTHING they do either because they are not doing anything. :smileywink:

Sadly, that is prolly true :\

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 79 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1562 posts

May 17, 2013

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Sweet Tooth is a "villian", Radec is a "villian", BD is a "villian", Heihachi is a "villian", Zeus is a "villian".

Ah yes, but you see, who is the face of Twisted Metal, Killzone, Bioshock and Tekken?

Sweet Tooth has consistently been on the cover of every TM game, and is the most recognisable of the cast. For the longest time, I just knew Twisted Metal as "that violent car game with that clown guy". He is, in his own words, the RIGHT CHOICE.

The face of Killzone are the Helghast, and Radec is a high-ranking colonel, and a hell of a lot more recognisable than the generic space marines you play as. Just look at the cover of any of the games, and you'll see a Helghan mask staring at you. I may not have known Radec's name when he was announced, but I certainly recognised him as being a bad guy from Killzone.

Big Daddy is on the cover of the first Bioshock, because the character you play as, by Irrational's own admission, is a non-entity, designed for the player to fill his nondescript shoes. He is the de facto face of the series.

Heihachi has been a cover star of a good chunk of the Tekken games and is one of only four fighters to have been in every single game of the series, and out of those four is the most important to the overall plot.

Zeus is a guy who spent a good chunk of time behind the scenes and is only really recognisable to people who've played all the GoW games. To anyone outside that, he means nothing.

The other villains listed above are instantly recognised by a wider gaming audience. What character represents GoW best? Kratos. He was in already. Zeus is unnecessary.

And yes, it is perfectly acceptable to complain about Zeus' addition when YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR HIM. If you don't like his addition, you won't put up money for him, simple as that. And buying Ascension wasn't an option since I didn't care about that game, so I'd be spending more to get my "free" character. Much easier to just ignore Zeus and only pay for the character I do agree with being added and the excellent stage.

And you can argue about characters being relevant, but Sony aren't selling games with Zeus' face on them either, so I'd hardly say he was all that relevant himself.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Sweet Tooth
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 79 (126 Views)
Fender Bender
3231 posts

May 17, 2013

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Tekn0tize wrote:
This game died for me when they released worthless-nobody-gives-a-ratsbehind-about Zeus as DLC.

Zeus is a bigger PS icon than Many of the current roster, as well as Sora, Cloud, Crash, Spyro, etc.

You really want to get into this?

0_0      ........  Your joking right?  Please tell me your joking.  I still this day haven't purchased zeus because I do not believe that he should be in because he is not an all star.  He is a boss.  He was a b a d a s s boss as that, but the thing is when you hear zeus you would immediately think of the god from mythology not GoW.  You never really play as zeus (accept for that one time in one of the psp games [at least to my knowledge]) and When comparing them to the characters you listed as well as 99% of the roster they are way bigger allstars (the one percent being left out being the oh so debatable big daddy.)

Edit: and sorry if I'm coming off as rude.

When is the last time a Final Fantasy was released that featured Cloud, let alone was good? the series is laughable. Crash is irrevelant these days, and not even owned by Sony anymore. Sora hasnt had a game in how long? And Apyro, like Crash, not even owned by Sony anymore. Zeus is both ONLY with Sony, and is still relevant.

Also, when people say "cloud", i think of actual clouds. that arguement means nothing.You never play as Radec, you never play as BD (Delta does not count.).

People need to get over Zeus, if they dont want to buy him, then fine (although not buying him means you cant complain about lack of DLC- you should be supporting them regadless by purchasing the characters), but in no way does he "not deserve a spot".

You make great points but there is only one part i'm really going to pick at.  You are saying that these characters havent had a game in a while so that does not make them all stars.  Thinking like that is wrong (imho).   Spike for example.  He hasnt had a game for a while, and yet many people consider him an allstar.  Same goes for sir dan, and even the newer characters like Kratos and Kat. Those characters listed made those kind of connections with the players, but just because those characters listed don't have a new game that makes them obsolete to the playstation? Back onto the matter of zeus how ever I do not think enough people have that kind of connection with zeus's character to PlayStation. This is just the way I see the situation with zeus.  You of course may see things from a different perspective, some kind of view point on zeus that I cannot see.  In that case I only ask one thing.   Please explain to me your reasoning behind zeus being an allstar and zeus deserving a spot.  I ask this because I know a lot of people (myself included) do not like zeus that much, I just wann aknow how you see tings, who knows after hearing your reasoning you may change my opinion on the situation.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 79 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2501 posts

May 17, 2013
I was angry at Zeus's inclusion at first, but then I realized, HE'S A NEW CHARACTER! He is a brand new character with a brand new moveset and brand new unlockables! Like someone said earlier (forget who it was) it's not like he took a spot for someone else, it was either him and Isaac, or just Isaac.

Zeus is a new character with new gameplay, isn't that what it should come to???

Long story short, please stop fighting -.-
-Straight from the Shadow Realm (V)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(V)

(\The Official Forgotten Shadow of the PSAS Boards/)
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 79 (112 Views)
Fender Bender
3231 posts

May 17, 2013

TheShadowMan683 wrote:
I was angry at Zeus's inclusion at first, but then I realized, HE'S A NEW CHARACTER! He is a brand new character with a brand new moveset and brand new unlockables! Like someone said earlier (forget who it was) it's not like he took a spot for someone else, it was either him and Isaac, or just Isaac.

This is the part when you ask if mommy and daddy are getting a divorce XD

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF7 Dirge of Cerberus, Persona Series, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Megaman 10, Infamous Second Son, SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. The Soulless Army
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 79 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

May 17, 2013

TheShadowMan683 wrote:

Then Riddle Me This!
If SSM added Master Chief with a completely unique move-set, would any of you care?

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 79 (96 Views)
Survivor
2501 posts

May 17, 2013
^^^ I'd be pretty surprised, but I'm sure he'd have a unique moveset!

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 79 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

May 17, 2013

TheShadowMan683 wrote:
^^^ I'd be pretty surprised, but I'm sure he'd have a unique moveset!

Really? You wouldn't be upset that Master Chief from Halo is in a game called PlayStation All-Stars?

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 79 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2501 posts

May 17, 2013
^^^^ Like I said, I'd be absolutely SHOCKED that a Microsoft character was in this game, but honestly, I'd take anyone right now!

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 79 (79 Views)
0 Likes