Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Re: SSBB is laughable now!

Oct 31, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

BladeXTails wrote:
This thread makes me frown at the community still comparing this game to Smash Bros. But hey, it's basically the same situation as Playstation Move being compared to the Wii-mote. It's inevitable.

How can you not compare the two? It's absolutely clear this game exists only because Smash Bros. exists. C'mon don't recognize that is simply plain stupid.

Exactly my point. Sony exists because of Nintendo. It's inevitable.

Message 71 of 117 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 31, 2012

BladeXTails wrote:
This thread makes me frown at the community still comparing this game to Smash Bros. But hey, it's basically the same situation as Playstation Move being compared to the Wii-mote. It's inevitable.

i guess most people just have the need to compare...

Play For Fun!
Message 72 of 117 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 31, 2012

The only reason Brawl is still relevant is because of the modding community. Project Melee is incredibly fun.

PSASBR just feels better to play. Brawl is slow and clunky.

Message 73 of 117 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 31, 2012

barker09 wrote:

The only reason Brawl is still relevant is because of the modding community. Project Melee is incredibly fun.

Brawl is slow and clunky compared to PSABR? Lol. Just lol. The gameplay is incredibly woody and that's why I'm seriously disappointed by this game. I expected that AT LEAST the gameplay would have turned out better... But after two matches in the Beta, me and my friends were screaming for Brawl. And the fun fact is that I'm the only one in my crew to own Nintendo things, all the others have Xbox 360 or PS3 or both. So it's not a "fanboy" thing. Brawl is simply more fun.

Message 74 of 117 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 31, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

barker09 wrote:

Brawl is slow and clunky compared to PSABR? Lol. Just lol. The gameplay is incredibly woody and that's why I'm seriously disappointed by this game. I expected that AT LEAST the gameplay would have turned out better... But after two matches in the Beta, me and my friends were screaming for Brawl. And the fun fact is that I'm the only one in my crew to own Nintendo things, all the others have Xbox 360 or PS3 or both. So it's not a "fanboy" thing. Brawl is simply more fun.

Dude are you serious? We are talking about an un-modded version of Brawl. Not melee. Not project melee.

I'm not a fanboy to this game, I'll call out its flaws when I see them, but the fighting mechanics in this game are FAR superior to Brawls. Everything that made Melee a competetive fighter was removed from Brawl and they added tripping. Not to mention the disgustingly unbalanced roster.

Message 75 of 117 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 31, 2012

barker09 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

barker09 wrote:

Dude are you serious? We are talking about an un-modded version of Brawl. Not melee. Not project melee.

I'm not a fanboy to this game, I'll call out its flaws when I see them, but the fighting mechanics in this game are FAR superior to Brawls. Everything that made Melee a competetive fighter was removed from Brawl and they added tripping. Not to mention the disgustingly unbalanced roster.

I'll give you the tripping, that's unexcusable. But seriously do you think PSABR is perfectly balanced? C'mon with the Beta (SIX characters) there are at least already TWO OP characters... But that's not a problem for me, unbalancing issues exist only if you play a game in tournament or something like that. I don't think you play in other occasions other than with your friends, so c'mon. And anyway PSABR is slow and woody, every attack you take you stay like blocked for two seconds, or you get throw away... It's annoying and isn't fun at all...

And the kill method of Smash Bros. (out of screen) is simply better, more original and fun. It offers a lot (A LOT) of different situations. PSABR doesn't, it's just too repetitive.

Message 76 of 117 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 31, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

barker09 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

barker09 wrote:

I'll give you the tripping, that's unexcusable. But seriously do you think PSABR is perfectly balanced? C'mon with the Beta (SIX characters) there are at least already TWO OP characters... But that's not a problem for me, unbalancing issues exist only if you play a game in tournament or something like that. I don't think you play in other occasions other than with your friends, so c'mon. And anyway PSABR is slow and woody, every attack you take you stay like blocked for two seconds, or you get throw away... It's annoying and isn't fun at all...

And the kill method of Smash Bros. (out of screen) is simply better, more original and fun. It offers a lot (A LOT) of different situations. PSABR doesn't, it's just too repetitive.

I don't get this part. Explain please.

Message 77 of 117 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 31, 2012
This thread was just asking for arguements.

I like the SSB series & I like this game - do each have their pros and cons ? Sure, but there two fine games that I have & will get doezens of hours of fun out of.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 78 of 117 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 31, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

barker09 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

barker09 wrote:

It comes down to preference. And I never said this game would be perfectly balanced. No game with different characters can be. I think Sony has an advantage though, considering they can patch the game if one character seems too good. 

Message 79 of 117 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 31, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
This thread was just asking for arguements.

I like the SSB series & I like this game - do each have their pros and cons ? Sure, but there two fine games that I have & will get doezens of hours of fun out of.
Everyone has their preferences, and there's no harm in discussing what makes a game good. 
Message 80 of 117 (68 Views)
0 Likes