Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Re: SSBB is laughable now!

Oct 31, 2012

You see the "Oh you were a noob" mentality in games like this and Smash are bad. These games are created with accessibility in mind. Sure, there is an amount of skill to them, but that skill should be easy to learn. There shouldn't really be a pro or noob mentality to these games because they are designed as party games, essentially. Obviously, some will be better than others but it really shouldn't come down to "pros" so much as a general playerbase.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 31 of 117 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 31, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

I honestly still don't think this game plays as well as Brawl, but to each his own...

Me and my friend actually played this game for 5 minutes today before he said, "This makes me wanna go play Brawl..."

We played SSBB for like 3 hours.

Not to say this game is bad by any means, just that I don't think it takes the cake here.

Play the full game before judging it on just the beta that has 1/30th of what the full game has.

Message 32 of 117 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

You see the "Oh you were a noob" mentality in games like this and Smash are bad. These games are created with accessibility in mind. Sure, there is an amount of skill to them, but that skill should be easy to learn. There shouldn't really be a pro or noob mentality to these games because they are designed as party games, essentially. Obviously, some will be better than others but it really shouldn't come down to "pros" so much as a general playerbase.

but brawl removed pretty much all the competitiveness of smash Brawl was a giant middle finger to anyone who wanted to play Smash competitively

Message 33 of 117 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 31, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

but brawl removed pretty much all the competitiveness of smash Brawl was a giant middle finger to anyone who wanted to play Smash competitively

No, people just love nostalgia.

Message 34 of 117 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 31, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

No, people just love nostalgia.

Yea thanks for dismissing everything I said

Message 35 of 117 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Brawl is not that bad, but i keep thinking that Melee is better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 36 of 117 (166 Views)
Wastelander
726 posts

Oct 31, 2012
I think All-Stars is more party/ newbie - friendly than Brawl, my cousins came over and play for the first time and after losing a few, they went on a win streak.. This game is truly easy to play, but hard to master.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 37 of 117 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Well i hope this game is hugely challenging and there is a large range between a noob and a pro.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 38 of 117 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 31, 2012

JayJXZ wrote:
I think All-Stars is more party/ newbie - friendly than Brawl, my cousins came over and play for the first time and after losing a few, they went on a win streak.. This game is truly easy to play, but hard to master.

I wouldn't say hard to master until we actually see some competitive play

Message 39 of 117 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Oct 31, 2012

As a smash brothers fan, this game isn't that much complicated as smash

i have won 95% of my matches with sly

say he said no stolen kkills but I have had many stolen kills

this game is awesome but smash is still better because killing is just more enjoyable than using specials to kill

psn id prince134

Message 40 of 117 (131 Views)