Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Re: SSBB is laughable now!

Oct 31, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

I honestly still don't think this game plays as well as Brawl, but to each his own...

Me and my friend actually played this game for 5 minutes today before he said, "This makes me wanna go play Brawl..."

We played SSBB for like 3 hours.

Not to say this game is bad by any means, just that I don't think it takes the cake here.

Makes me wanna play melee 

but I have an unhealthy hatred of brawl 

Message 11 of 117 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

I honestly still don't think this game plays as well as Brawl, but to each his own...

Me and my friend actually played this game for 5 minutes today before he said, "This makes me wanna go play Brawl..."

Not to say this game is bad by any means, just that I don't think it takes the cake here.

Why would you wanna play Brawl when Sony characters are better than Nintendo characters?

Well unlike sony superbot nintendo got characters that accurately represent their history 

Message 12 of 117 (330 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 31, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

but I have an unhealthy hatred of good games

We know you do and we just don't get it.

Message 13 of 117 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 31, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

Why would you wanna play Brawl when Sony characters are better than Nintendo characters?

Well unlike sony nintendo got characters that accurately represent their history 

Who cares when most of them are clones?

Message 14 of 117 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

I agree with that sentiment, but I prefer Smash's gameplay at the moment.

Message 15 of 117 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 31, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

I agree with that sentiment, but I prefer Smash's gameplay at the moment.

Makes sense.

Message 16 of 117 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

Brawl is basically a slower version of melee that takes less skill and on the topic of clones even if you remove all the clones from Brawl it STILL has a better roster than PS allstars

Message 17 of 117 (301 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 31, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

Brawl is basically a slower version of melee that takes less skill and on the topic of clones even if you remove all the clones from Brawl it STILL has a better roster than PS allstars

Fanboy.PNG

Message 18 of 117 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Not just complexity, but what I also like about PSASBR is that it actually gives players more of an equal fighting chance.

A few months ago I made the mistake of playing the original N64 Super Smash Bros. online on an emulator, as the other players were INCREDIBLY skilled at the game.  ...Well, not skilled at the "game," per se; just skilled at memorizing the same two or three moves to knock you off the edge and keep you from ever getting back up.  The problem is that they would literally do it over and over, effectively killing any sort of fun or challenge to the game.

But with the lack of a ring-out system in this game, even beginner players can learn by studying the combos of more experienced players and using them to their advantage.  It's a much more fair, balanced game of actual fighting skill, and I think I'd find it hard to go back to SSB, SSBM, or SSBB after it.

Message 19 of 117 (295 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

Fanboy.PNG

Call me a fanboy if you want but A lot of people share my opinion on Brawl so

Message 20 of 117 (279 Views)
0 Likes