Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: (SPOILER) Kratos' Story

Nov 17, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

So there's no real reason for them to battle each other after all.

I thought Omar stated that there was a specific reason, not just "I'm a demigod and want a challenge"

They're not in the same universe ffs.

I mean, technically there are reasons as to why they fight each other. I just think you were expecting something much more cinematic and in-depth

Reasons for rivalries:

Kratos: Mistook Sweet Tooth for a demon, (Who wouldn't think he's a demon? I know I would) tried attaking him, missed him, got his ice cream, ST got mad. (Sounds reasonable to me.)

Big Daddy: Although cheesy, got mad at Sackboy after finding out Little Sister, the center of his life, started admiring Sackboy more. (Also sounds reasonable to me, as Big Daddies are practically, emotionally, built around Little Sisters)

etc...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 71 of 91 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 17, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
I really think people are expecting much more than they should out of this. It's a phenomenal game with a phenomenal arcade mode.

Now you're defending it.

It's on par with every other fighter, but story mode. Not much story in Kratos whatsoever.

He just goes somewhere else, instead of killing the gods of olympus. How's that phenomenal?

yeah we got the game for the gameplay so I am ok with thisapproach on the story

Totally agree, but Omar stated there was a reason for them to be fighting. Didn't see any reason other than "I'm **bleep** at everyone" for Kratos.

Message 72 of 91 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

I thought Omar stated that there was a specific reason, not just "I'm a demigod and want a challenge"

I mean, technically there are reasons as to why they fight each other. I just think you were expecting something much more cinematic and in-depth

Reasons for rivalries:

Kratos: Mistook Sweet Tooth for a demon, (Who wouldn't think he's a demon? I know I would) tried attaking him, missed him, got his ice cream, ST got mad. (Sounds reasonable to me.)

Big Daddy: Although cheesy, got mad at Sackboy after finding out Little Sister, the center of his life, started admiring Sackboy more. (Also sounds reasonable to me, as Big Daddies are practically, emotionally, built around Little Sisters)

etc...

That's not the reason I'm after.

Kratos was about to overthrow Olympus, but decides to take a stroll somewhere else.

What the devil?

Message 73 of 91 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 17, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
I really think people are expecting much more than they should out of this. It's a phenomenal game with a phenomenal arcade mode.

Yeah. Keep comparing it to an older game on an even older system, we expected it to be like Smash Bros Brawl, with cinimatic cut scenes, ofcourse it upped Melee because that game is seven years old. Smash Bros still upped this game and its almost five years older. 

Older game? So what. Chill out. It's really not that old. When I start comparing this game to games I've grown up with, like LoZ for the NES, then start being this way.

Uknowho wrote:
That A.I on normal is horrendous!, (I need to see hard mode now lol) also I kinda wished there was a cutscene after the last battle.
I've already stated. "Normal" could be Smash's equivelent to "Very Easy". I've read there are 6 cpu levels.

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Now you're defending it.

It's on par with every other fighter, but story mode. Not much story in Kratos whatsoever.

He just goes somewhere else, instead of killing the gods of olympus. How's that phenomenal?

I'm not defending it, I'm just thinking logically.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 74 of 91 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 17, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

Reasons for rivalries:

etc...

Kratos was about to overthrow Olympus, but decides to take a stroll somewhere else.

What the devil?

A) I don't remember him ever 'about' to overthrow Olympus. 

B) We don't even know "when" this takes place in his timeline

C) Storymode isn't the "Main" attraction point for this game. Don't expect so much out of it, man :smileyhappy:

Message 75 of 91 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Eh ill watch it. it's not even that fun to me but it is fun though
BeFunky_Untitled
Message 76 of 91 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Why does Sweet Tooth tell Kratos to pick up the spilled ice cream and pay for it?

So if Kratos suddenly decided to pull a few dollars out, Sweet Tooth would have been like, "Oh, thanks. Glad you're so understanding."

Kratos had a better story in Mortal Kombat and he's not even involved in that arch at all and it was a reboot.
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Message 77 of 91 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

Reasons for rivalries:

etc...

What the devil?

A) I don't remember him ever 'about' to overthrow Olympus. 

B) We don't even know "when" this takes place in his timeline

C) Storymode isn't the "Main" attraction point for this game. Don't expect so much out of it, man :smileyhappy:

I think it takes place between GoW 2 and 3.

Message 78 of 91 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Is there a link telling us that there are six different difficulty modes? Sorry I believe you, I just don't recall that many modes.
Message 79 of 91 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Nov 17, 2012

As far as people complaining about the story, who actually wants this game for Arcade? I don't think many of us did. Even though Subspace in SSBB was by far the most amazing Arcade I've seen evurz, this is a hopefully first installment in a series of games. Plus for a first attempt this game was pretty darn good. And I only want this game for the same reason I got SSB. To play online, and have some fun in general. SSB was like the only game everybody I knew could play, so when we were bored we just hopped onto the Wii and played. I'm hoping for that to be the same case when it comes to this, and this game has seemed to that. It even surpassed my expectations... and yeah, I have some low standards, if thats what your thinking.

Message 80 of 91 (88 Views)
0 Likes