Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: (SPOILER) Kratos' Story

Nov 17, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

Please SB, let "All-Star" actually be hard.

Maybe there is no 'easy' setting?

I've read that there are six cpu settings.

It may go like this:

-Normal

-X
-X

-X

-X

-X

So maybe "Normal" is the equivalent to Smash's "Very Easy".

All I saw was Hero, Legend and All-Star difficulties.

Sure you didn't miss anything? 'Cause I'm pretty sure there's a "Normal" difficulty mode too Smiley Surprised

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 61 of 91 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 17, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

It counts, in my analogy, yes. A GREAT deal. Also this game was inspired by Melee.

It's not crap. There's more in there than there is in Melee. Be happy.

Melee is six years older, almost seven, the purpose of the game wasn't even around a story. It didn't have one just Arcade modes and such where you fight a boss at the end. Playstation Allstars is actually story orientated so having them just appear out of thin air then get mad at there rival which you see at the end for the most stupid reasons.. I expected a back story why he was there. 

Same thing with PSASBR. No Story. An explanation of a rivalry, yes. But no story was promised.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 62 of 91 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

So there's no real reason for them to battle each other after all.

I thought Omar stated that there was a specific reason, not just "I'm a demigod and want a challenge"

They're not in the same universe ffs.

Message 63 of 91 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I really think people are expecting much more than they should out of this. It's a phenomenal game with a phenomenal arcade mode.
Message 64 of 91 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:
I wasn't expecting anything extravagant jut wish there was more of a reason for polygon man being there though

You're thinking far too into this man Smiley Tongue

It's NOT like Smash's SubSpace Emmisary mode.

It IS like Smash's Classic Mode.

He's 'as' explained as Master Hand.

true but they tried to implement a story unlike the first smash arcade, still like it, that was an epic final boss fight

Well just think of it this way:

Smiley Happy

"It's an Arcade Mode, not a Story Mode. They actually went over an above with it, by adding cutscenes, and voices, which Melee failed to do!"

Smiley Happy

true thata what I am going to go with, also who else thinks that

Spoiler
the polygoned characters shoud be unlockable costumes after you beat the arcade with that character
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 65 of 91 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
I really think people are expecting much more than they should out of this. It's a phenomenal game with a phenomenal arcade mode.

Yeah. Keep comparing it to an older game on an even older system, we expected it to be like Smash Bros Brawl, with cinimatic cut scenes, ofcourse it upped Melee because that game is seven years old. Smash Bros still upped this game and its almost five years older. 

Message 66 of 91 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

Now you're defending it.

It's on par with every other fighter, but story mode. Not much story in Kratos whatsoever.

He just goes somewhere else, instead of killing the gods of olympus. How's that phenomenal?

Message 67 of 91 (105 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Nov 17, 2012
That A.I on normal is horrendous!, (I need to see hard mode now lol) also I kinda wished there was a cutscene after the last battle.
Message 68 of 91 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 17, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

Now you're defending it.

It's on par with every other fighter, but story mode. Not much story in Kratos whatsoever.

He just goes somewhere else, instead of killing the gods of olympus. How's that phenomenal?

yeah we got the game for the gameplay so I am ok with thisapproach on the story

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 69 of 91 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
565 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Man, I'm turning over some ideas in my head right now.

Yeah, I could have written a phenomenal story.
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Message 70 of 91 (91 Views)
0 Likes