Wastelander
756 posts

Re: SOMEONE BROKE STREET DATE!

Nov 14, 2012

PEOPLE WERE THINKING ABOUT REPORTING HIM!!? SERIOUSLY!?

I'm sorry for my reaction but that's going to far. I have a friend who reviews games and is independent , and only get like 236 views on Youtube for each game he reviews. You'd be suprised who gets game companies to review games. All my friend says he does is message a game company, and show them that he's a legit reviewer and they send him a copy maybe 2-4 days before the game is released. I never asked if he still pays for the game in the process lol.

Regardless if he's not a reviewer he may have just got lucky. I remember I went to GS to pick up a game and asked the dude for a Dead Island copy behind him. He gave it to me and I was on my way. Did I mention it was 3 days before the game released lol. This guy said he got it off Ebay so it's easy to understand the shipping fail that have occured. Anyways I don't think that guy was going around ruining it or anything to report him anyways if that's what people were thinking. 

I give this guy props anyways for having a Neptunia avatar lol.

Message 21 of 37 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I know, that person is on my friends list. Asked him about it yesterday lol.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 22 of 37 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Lol @ people thinking this is somehow "illegal". Sounds like a dumb urban legend spread by a GS employee.

The whole release date thing is for retailers, so that they all get a fair shot of sales. It makes it fair so that if 1 retailer happens to get a shipment in 2 or 3 days before another, they won't be able to steal sales from the other seller by putting the game out while the other seller has no stock to compete.

Publishers basically tell retailers not to sell before "X" date or they will impose a "fine" which the retailer doesn't actually have to pay unless the publisher sues them in a court of law. It's basically just a threat to keep retailers in check that they could be "blacklisted" and not receive future shipments of that publishers games. That's it.

A remember laughing at a GS employee once who told me every copy of Halo 3 sold early was a 1000 dollar fine. But if you think about it, the systems works. GS employees get scared to sell early over risk of losing their jobs thinking that Daddy GameStop will be fined. In truth, I doubt MS would bother trying to initiate a class lawsuit for a game released 3 days early unless they saw a potential for big gain out of it. And even then they would have to prove that the income from the lawsuit was necessary to recoup some sort of loss. I hope that helps with understanding this subject.
Message 23 of 37 (342 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I suspect someone who got a review copy sold it on ebay.
Message 24 of 37 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 14, 2012
It's not illegal for him to buy it.
It's not illegal for someone on ebay to sell it.
It wouldn't even be illegal if a shop sold it, sony lifted any street dates.
Reporting him is just silly, he has done nothing wrong. And reporting is for grief. He hasnt done anything to you.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 25 of 37 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I asked him to record the final boss fight..I told him people on the PSASBR forum were going nuts lol (a bit of an exaggeration but oh well)

Message 26 of 37 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 14, 2012
They lifted street dates?! When?! Does that mean I can run to the store and pick it up NOW??! CAUSE I WILL!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 27 of 37 (268 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
They lifted street dates?! When?! Does that mean I can run to the store and pick it up NOW??! CAUSE I WILL!

Don;t think they actually did.

Message 28 of 37 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Nov 14, 2012
When my friend worked for Videotron, he'd get to rent any game a week before release.

Those were the good days... I'd be playing All-Stars right now!
Message 29 of 37 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

No.

Street date lifted by sony means it can be sold. But the actual stores street date is a different story. The store policies would be not to sell before the date on their system. 

Sony might have lifted the dates but it doesnt mean the stores have.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 30 of 37 (204 Views)
0 Likes