Oct 06 2012
By: MarrowOchi Fender Bender 2516 posts

Rundown

7 replies 139 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

So, lets do a rundown of all of the characters people believe have a chance to get in. No I don't mean the stupid ideas like the DBZ and the Digimon and the Deadpool, I mean good ones like Lightning, Cloud, Snake, Crash, etc.

Final Fantasy. If we're going to have one FF rep I would rather it be Lightning. Why? Well, lets look at it like this. Cloud has a big sword, which he uses to hit things. Great, outstanding, but Lightning has a sword that can turn into a gun, therefore making her abilities far more diverse from the get-go. With Cloud, he'd just be the FF7 rep with smashing stuff. He'd be boring to actually 'play'. He'd be like a faster Big Daddy. And anyone that's played the actual kiosk demo can tell you Big Daddy was bad. Lightning's Level 3 could have her summon Odin and run around the battlefield zapping people. That's infinitely more awesome than equpping another sword (Ultima Weapon).

Crash Bandicoot. He does deserve a spot on the roster, but I personally just don't see how his moveset would work. He's known for spin attacks. How on earth is someone gonna pull out a Level 3? What, would Cortex drop a nuke?

Spyro the Dragon. Spyro was one of my personal favorite PSX titles. I played 1-3. I loved 1-3. That being said what would he do? Again with Crash he's very limited unless we start pulling from Skylanders, and I'm sure nobody wants that (you'd all complain somehow).

Solid Snake. Guys, I'm just gonna get this over with; Solid Snake, Chimera, Chris Redfield, Emmett Graves, and any other 'well known gun user' has already been beaten out by RADEC. The last thing this game needs is just another gun user. Big Boss would be cool, considering his vast knowledge of CQC, but face it; RADEC is the gun user. We don't need more. We need a more diverse character selection; which we do, with every single character on the roster so far.

Kat from Gravity Rush? Deserves a spot. Unique moveset revolving around hovering, 'THE' Playstation Vita mascot and first party exclusive that has sold more than half of the games (Which is why Nariko is in, since you know, ONE RELEASE AND FIRST EXCLUSIVE ON THE CONSOLE). As well as the feel that she was made for this game. If there's anyone on this list who fits, its Kat; this much is undeniable fact unless you are dumb. If you're dumb, you probably haven't played the game, go play it, all the way through, and then say she doesn't fit, I dare you.
-

And now for a more in depth coverage of all the current roster.

Kratos. Obvious, God of War. Moveset relies on rushing in and combos.

Fat Princess, from Fat Princess. She's the 'awkward' character, like Peach is in SSB, using many item summon attacks. She's like if Zangief and Peach had a kid. She fits. She's something different.

Cole MacGrath, and Evil Cole. The two characters are two completely different entities. There's two reps because inFamous is just that good. Both characters are complete contrast to eachother, and for them to share the same spot would feel horrible. Cole is the 'zoning', while Evil is the 'aggressive.'

Heihachi, Tekken. Probably a more heavy character with smash-hit combos.

Toro, Japans mascot. I don't know, I really don't like him but I understand his inclusion.

Parappa the Rappa. Very awkward character, like Fat Princess, but definitely deserving of an inclusion. CHOP CHOP MASTER ONION REMIX COME ON GUYS

RADEC. Out of all the gun users, Killzone was a big PS exclusive kind of thing, moreso than most of its lesser known exclusives. Zoning character.

Big Daddy. Difficult character to play but if done right can massacre the competition. Relies on plasmids.

Nathan Drake. Probably like Kratos but less combo heavy.

Sweet Tooth. I'm expecting this guy to be a beast and smash everything, like a Hulk Big Daddy.

Sly Cooper. Another awkward but interesting playstyle revolving traps. Think MODOK.

Jak. I really liked his demo gameplay. He relies on traps, like Sly, but also his own guns, a la Radec.

Sackboy. Man I'm expecting him to be 100% awkward with no real moveset besides 'bounce all the things'.

Dante. No, not 'Donte', not 'New Dante'. Its a separate franchise, shut your mouth. Combo heavy, looks really fun to play.

Ratchet. See Jak.

Spike. I don't really know what to make of Spike. I'll throw him in Sackboy's category.

Raiden. Heavy hitting combo based character with super armor frames. Looks AWESOME.

Nariko. I'm probably gonna be maining Nariko. Several combo mechanics mixed in with crowd management, with the TWING TWANG super for zoning.

Sir Dan. See Spike.

Message 1 of 8 (139 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: Rundown

Oct 6, 2012
I thought I was the only REAL fighting game fan in this fourms.

I'm going to main Raiden cause he is combo heavy and I play Guilty Gear and Blazblue
http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Oct 6, 2012

agree, agree, agree Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 3 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Well you can put this for Spike, his attacks are all chargeable, except about the teleportation

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 4 of 8 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 6, 2012
A pretty good analysis of the characters in so far.
I only agree Kat should be in here.

They should just charge the $9.99 for for Crash and Spyro each because that's what Activision probably wants. Then everyone who wants both characters can pay their dues I guess.
Message 5 of 8 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Blood-Knight7 wrote:

I'm going to main Raiden cause he is combo heavy and I play Guilty Gear and Blazblue

Dead or Alive 5 Ayane/Hitomi/Mila.

SFxT Juri Han and Jin Kazama. (sold)

P4A Naoto (sold)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Steve Fox solo.

Ultimate MVC3 X23/Spencer 'The Bionic Claw'. (Dante, Iron Man, or Haggar assist)

Super Street Fighter IV AE Dan Hibiki.

I play fighters a lot now.

Message 6 of 8 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 6, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Blood-Knight7 wrote:

Dead or Alive 5 Ayane/Hitomi/Mila.

SFxT Juri Han and Jin Kazama. (sold)

P4A Naoto (sold)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Steve Fox solo.

Ultimate MVC3 X23/Spencer 'The Bionic Claw'. (Dante, Iron Man, or Haggar assist)

Super Street Fighter IV AE Dan Hibiki.

I play fighters a lot now.

I've playing mostly fighters when I was a kid and now I play it competitvely. Thinking about going to big majors.
My main game is KOFXIII but it might change to Marvel(or DS if they are making it) cause the scene is dying. I also play Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Persona, Street fighter 3rd Strike, Vampire Savoir, KOF 98 and 2002, Garou Mark of the Wolves, and alot more.
Not really a fan of 3D fighters though  

http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 7 of 8 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Very nice analysis. Kudos.
Message 8 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes