Oct 04 2012
By: EmperorLawlight Lombax Warrior 105 posts

Rumour: No reveals at EBGames Expo

73 replies 1909 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

So I went with a couple of friends to this event and I can say.....IT WAS AMAZING!! Everyone got a free hat, gloves, pen, USB, 1 month PS+ code, and A FREE GAME AND STATUE OF YOUR CHOICE! For the statues you can either get Nathan Drake or Cole MacGrath. For the games you can pick between the GOW saga, InFamous collection, Ratchet trilogy, Journey trilogy, or Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition. I chose the Nathan Drake statue and the Ratchet trilogy. So many game demos of games that are going to come out. Unfinished Swan, Injustice, Sly 4, LBPK, GOW:A, DmC, MGR, LEGO Lord of the Rings, 2K13, Vita games, and of course PlayStation All-Stars. All these games were great! But All-Stars you guys might want to know what I have to say.

So All-Stars had an old build, the one with Nathan, Big Daddy, Heihachi, and Toro. The vita version however had Cole and Jak and Daxter which was cool. On the Vita, the game plays very well. I had no problems with it and had a blast. At the PS3 demo...Clockwerk was there. I had to talk with him and get a picture. We talked about the game a lot. I asked him questions and usually get a no comment but I did manage to get some info.

- No reveals at EB Expo
- The 20 characters are unlocked right away. I think he hinted at secret characters but I'm not too sure.
- Superbot would put Old Dante over New Dante but Capcom wanted New Dante
- With Cole MacGrath, Sucker Punch wanted 2 characters.
- The playing cards will be an EU pre-order bonus for Gamestop EU. He still doesn't know if NA will get it.
- There will a lot of content. A LOT
- There are alternate colours for alternate costumes.
- They might be adding a screen-shot mode like in SSBB. Where you can take pictures and save replays.
- The reason they haven't released any info in awhile is because of the delay. In every game they plan out the events they are going to be in and when they will give out information almost at the start of development. But since the game got delayed a month, you have like an extra month that they didn't plan to do anything. He said we are going to get a lot more info now until the game releases.
- Clockwerk always reads the forums. He reads the official forums, GameFaqs, NeoGaf, some fighting game forums, and even this one if I remember correctly.
- The PS+ beta will be released in late October or early November.
- Trophies will be about 70% single player and 30% online. They are not done the trophies so this could change.

That's all I remember from the top of my head. I do have another piece of information from him that I do not wish to share. Sorry to say that but I think it's best if I keep it to myself. My friends and I had a lot of fun. Feel free to ask me questions.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/t628-my-experience-at-the-sony-holiday-event-in-toronto

Take that as you will.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 74 (1,909 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Re: Rumour: No reveals at EBGames Expo

Oct 4, 2012
I hope this is all true!!! except the no reveals at eb expo :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 74 (1,858 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 4, 2012

EmperorLawlight wrote:

So I went with a couple of friends to this event and I can say.....IT WAS AMAZING!! Everyone got a free hat, gloves, pen, USB, 1 month PS+ code, and A FREE GAME AND STATUE OF YOUR CHOICE! For the statues you can either get Nathan Drake or Cole MacGrath. For the games you can pick between the GOW saga, InFamous collection, Ratchet trilogy, Journey trilogy, or Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition. I chose the Nathan Drake statue and the Ratchet trilogy. So many game demos of games that are going to come out. Unfinished Swan, Injustice, Sly 4, LBPK, GOW:A, DmC, MGR, LEGO Lord of the Rings, 2K13, Vita games, and of course PlayStation All-Stars. All these games were great! But All-Stars you guys might want to know what I have to say.

So All-Stars had an old build, the one with Nathan, Big Daddy, Heihachi, and Toro. The vita version however had Cole and Jak and Daxter which was cool. On the Vita, the game plays very well. I had no problems with it and had a blast. At the PS3 demo...Clockwerk was there. I had to talk with him and get a picture. We talked about the game a lot. I asked him questions and usually get a no comment but I did manage to get some info.

- No reveals at EB Expo
- The 20 characters are unlocked right away. I think he hinted at secret characters but I'm not too sure.
- Superbot would put Old Dante over New Dante but Capcom wanted New Dante
- With Cole MacGrath, Sucker Punch wanted 2 characters.
- The playing cards will be an EU pre-order bonus for Gamestop EU. He still doesn't know if NA will get it.
- There will a lot of content. A LOT
- There are alternate colours for alternate costumes.
- They might be adding a screen-shot mode like in SSBB. Where you can take pictures and save replays.
- The reason they haven't released any info in awhile is because of the delay. In every game they plan out the events they are going to be in and when they will give out information almost at the start of development. But since the game got delayed a month, you have like an extra month that they didn't plan to do anything. He said we are going to get a lot more info now until the game releases.
- Clockwerk always reads the forums. He reads the official forums, GameFaqs, NeoGaf, some fighting game forums, and even this one if I remember correctly.
- The PS+ beta will be released in late October or early November.
- Trophies will be about 70% single player and 30% online. They are not done the trophies so this could change.

That's all I remember from the top of my head. I do have another piece of information from him that I do not wish to share. Sorry to say that but I think it's best if I keep it to myself. My friends and I had a lot of fun. Feel free to ask me questions.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/t628-my-experience-at-the-sony-holiday-event-in-toronto

Take that as you will.

for those who want, a little hope spot,

i mean, this doesn't stop me from getting the game as early as i can....

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 74 (1,854 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Ugh more waiting. I don't want them to reveal who just let us know whether or not there are other characters! Did he say 'all 20' would be unlocked? Also what clues did he give you to make you question whether there would be extra characters?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 74 (1,844 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Oct 4, 2012
I think this further solidifies the 20 character launch comment from Sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 74 (1,804 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 4, 2012
This is awesome! A lot of content is always good. Also hopefully this will shut people up about 2 coles and new dante. It wasn't their decision.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 74 (1,755 Views)
Sackboy
424 posts

Oct 4, 2012

How much longer until new stuff is shown off, the hypes starting to fade...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 74 (1,734 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

How much longer until new stuff is shown off, the hypes starting to fade...

new stuff doesn't just have to be character reveals dude,

they just said there won't be any reveals at eb, they'll probably show off some other stuff...

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 74 (1,714 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Well the 20 character roster stuff seems to be real.

Im just gonna say....still buying, still epic

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 74 (1,711 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 4, 2012
This should restore hype! Also, as they delayed the game a month, looks like we will be getting info in the next few days or maybe a couple weeks. Not too bad!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 74 (1,708 Views)