Reply
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/23/2016
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

4 weeks ago

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Azimuth_24 wrote:

I just find it harder to believe that it should be a full on Smash Clone (which should be scrapped entirely) cause why make a 2D fighter that features Popular Characters from 3D Action Games?

If it's more like Power Stone then I think it will be Accepted by the general Casual Audience cause it is compared to Smash Bros but it's not called a clone or ripoff.

Plus Yoshida-San said that while he would like to revisit the idea they might not use the same mechanic.

Another thing is that SSM has that 3D Multiplayer Arena Fighter experiance already with GOW: Ascension's Multiplayer. (as mediocre as it was)

Also there's really no other game like Power Stone, any other game that's like it is usually forgotten. (Some for good reason)

Making it like Power Stone is one step to take when making this a really big celebration of the Playstation Brand


 

Well you answered why that we don't want SSM to make a 3D like powerstone game for PSAS, The Acension Multiplayer was mediocre. 

 

There is no reason to change the 2.5D 4-player bralwer style at all. The game just needs to be refined in its current style. The game will be accepted by the casual audience if its fun to play and a celebration of the PlayStation legacy, regardless whether it is 2D or 3D. And I really don't see how making it like Power Stone is the "one step" to make to a true celebration. The characters felt like themselves in 2D anyways, I don't see people saying that Nathan Drake didn't feel like he was from Uncharted cause it was 2D. 


What I meant to say is that they can improve upon it if they want to

provided that they have more skill in developing it to be more Fun and Complex in a 3D Environment (prefereably with other devs collabing with them)

Message 11 of 22 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
369 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

[ Edited ]
4 weeks ago

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Azimuth_24 wrote:

I just find it harder to believe that it should be a full on Smash Clone (which should be scrapped entirely) cause why make a 2D fighter that features Popular Characters from 3D Action Games?

If it's more like Power Stone then I think it will be Accepted by the general Casual Audience cause it is compared to Smash Bros but it's not called a clone or ripoff.

Plus Yoshida-San said that while he would like to revisit the idea they might not use the same mechanic.

Another thing is that SSM has that 3D Multiplayer Arena Fighter experiance already with GOW: Ascension's Multiplayer. (as mediocre as it was)

Also there's really no other game like Power Stone, any other game that's like it is usually forgotten. (Some for good reason)

Making it like Power Stone is one step to take when making this a really big celebration of the Playstation Brand


 

Well you answered why that we don't want SSM to make a 3D like powerstone game for PSAS, The Acension Multiplayer was mediocre. 

 

There is no reason to change the 2.5D 4-player bralwer style at all. The game just needs to be refined in its current style. The game will be accepted by the casual audience if its fun to play and a celebration of the PlayStation legacy, regardless whether it is 2D or 3D. And I really don't see how making it like Power Stone is the "one step" to make to a true celebration. The characters felt like themselves in 2D anyways, I don't see people saying that Nathan Drake didn't feel like he was from Uncharted cause it was 2D. 


If this game is suppose to be a tribute to the history of PlayStation, which mainly focuses on 3D games, then why shouldn't the game itself be 3D? Regardless of how people felt about the characters being in 2D, I think a lot of people can agree that the game being 3D is a much more fitting style for a PlayStation crossover than a style that fits Nintendo. Plus, it would be a lot easier for it to stand out as it's own game rather than being labeled as just another "Smash clone", an image that I'm sure they weren't aiming for.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 12 of 22 (301 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/23/2016
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

4 weeks ago

Rather making it like Power Stone would just be a Minor Step

so would be making it similar to Smash but making it different enough from Smash

the Scoring System would just be replaced with lifebars, Combos will still be accessible yet rewarding, and Supers will just be a way to deal more damage and Extend those combos

Message 13 of 22 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/23/2016
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

4 weeks ago

@Bam4evr

 

You know what?

 

You Still have a point about a 3D sequel/successor to PSAS

Message 14 of 22 (295 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

3 weeks ago

Bam4evr wrote:

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Well you answered why that we don't want SSM to make a 3D like powerstone game for PSAS, The Acension Multiplayer was mediocre. 

 

There is no reason to change the 2.5D 4-player bralwer style at all. The game just needs to be refined in its current style. The game will be accepted by the casual audience if its fun to play and a celebration of the PlayStation legacy, regardless whether it is 2D or 3D. And I really don't see how making it like Power Stone is the "one step" to make to a true celebration. The characters felt like themselves in 2D anyways, I don't see people saying that Nathan Drake didn't feel like he was from Uncharted cause it was 2D. 


If this game is suppose to be a tribute to the history of PlayStation, which mainly focuses on 3D games, then why shouldn't the game itself be 3D? Regardless of how people felt about the characters being in 2D, I think a lot of people can agree that the game being 3D is a much more fitting style for a PlayStation crossover than a style that fits Nintendo. Plus, it would be a lot easier for it to stand out as it's own game rather than being labeled as just another "Smash clone", an image that I'm sure they weren't aiming for.


 

I mean no one had a problem with it being 2D, they had a problem with the super system. Just fix that (among other things) and you'll be set. I really do think it would be a very unenessary change from going to 2D to 3D.

Message 15 of 22 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
369 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

3 weeks ago

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Bam4evr wrote:

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Well you answered why that we don't want SSM to make a 3D like powerstone game for PSAS, The Acension Multiplayer was mediocre. 

 

There is no reason to change the 2.5D 4-player bralwer style at all. The game just needs to be refined in its current style. The game will be accepted by the casual audience if its fun to play and a celebration of the PlayStation legacy, regardless whether it is 2D or 3D. And I really don't see how making it like Power Stone is the "one step" to make to a true celebration. The characters felt like themselves in 2D anyways, I don't see people saying that Nathan Drake didn't feel like he was from Uncharted cause it was 2D. 


If this game is suppose to be a tribute to the history of PlayStation, which mainly focuses on 3D games, then why shouldn't the game itself be 3D? Regardless of how people felt about the characters being in 2D, I think a lot of people can agree that the game being 3D is a much more fitting style for a PlayStation crossover than a style that fits Nintendo. Plus, it would be a lot easier for it to stand out as it's own game rather than being labeled as just another "Smash clone", an image that I'm sure they weren't aiming for.


 

I mean no one had a problem with it being 2D, they had a problem with the super system. Just fix that (among other things) and you'll be set. I really do think it would be a very unenessary change from going to 2D to 3D.


It's necessary if they want it to stand out from Smash Bros. (in which I'm sure they do). Most of the people I've seen that want it to stay 2D are also the same ones that want it to have ring outs so it can be more like Smash Bros. and that's something I really don't want.

 

You gotta keep in mind what this game is supposed to be about. Like I said, 3D games has always been the primary focus of the PlayStation consoles. Making the game 2D contradicts that concept. Besides, there's nothing wrong with making it 3D. People still love Power Stone to this day so it shouldn't be a problem making it 3D like those games. It also allows the developers to be more creative rather than looking at whatever Smash Bros. has and changing certain things just to make it different.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 16 of 22 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

3 weeks ago

Bam4evr wrote:

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Bam4evr wrote:

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Well you answered why that we don't want SSM to make a 3D like powerstone game for PSAS, The Acension Multiplayer was mediocre. 

 

There is no reason to change the 2.5D 4-player bralwer style at all. The game just needs to be refined in its current style. The game will be accepted by the casual audience if its fun to play and a celebration of the PlayStation legacy, regardless whether it is 2D or 3D. And I really don't see how making it like Power Stone is the "one step" to make to a true celebration. The characters felt like themselves in 2D anyways, I don't see people saying that Nathan Drake didn't feel like he was from Uncharted cause it was 2D. 


If this game is suppose to be a tribute to the history of PlayStation, which mainly focuses on 3D games, then why shouldn't the game itself be 3D? Regardless of how people felt about the characters being in 2D, I think a lot of people can agree that the game being 3D is a much more fitting style for a PlayStation crossover than a style that fits Nintendo. Plus, it would be a lot easier for it to stand out as it's own game rather than being labeled as just another "Smash clone", an image that I'm sure they weren't aiming for.


 

I mean no one had a problem with it being 2D, they had a problem with the super system. Just fix that (among other things) and you'll be set. I really do think it would be a very unenessary change from going to 2D to 3D.


It's necessary if they want it to stand out from Smash Bros. (in which I'm sure they do). Most of the people I've seen that want it to stay 2D are also the same ones that want it to have ring outs so it can be more like Smash Bros. and that's something I really don't want.

 

You gotta keep in mind what this game is supposed to be about. Like I said, 3D games has always been the primary focus of the PlayStation consoles. Making the game 2D contradicts that concept. Besides, there's nothing wrong with making it 3D. People still love Power Stone to this day so it shouldn't be a problem making it 3D like those games. It also allows the developers to be more creative rather than looking at whatever Smash Bros. has and changing certain things just to make it different.


Keep in mind what this game is supposed to be about? Yeah no **bleep** I do lol. It's supposed to be a crossover of PlayStation franchises, just because it's 2D doesn't mean its not a "true" crossover. There is nothing wrong with being 2D, nothing. You still haven't convinced me otherwise. Its a fighting game, just because its in a 2D perspective with characters from a 3D fighting game doesn't mean its worse. No one complains about the game being 2D. No one. 

 

Also that just because its a 3D fighter doesn't automatically mean it will allow the creators "creative" suddenly. 

Message 17 of 22 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
369 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

[ Edited ]
3 weeks ago

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Keep in mind what this game is supposed to be about? Yeah no **bleep** I do lol. It's supposed to be a crossover of PlayStation franchises, just because it's 2D doesn't mean its not a "true" crossover. There is nothing wrong with being 2D, nothing. You still haven't convinced me otherwise. Its a fighting game, just because its in a 2D perspective with characters from a 3D fighting game doesn't mean its worse. No one complains about the game being 2D. No one. 

Also that just because its a 3D fighter doesn't automatically mean it will allow the creators "creative" suddenly. 


 

I never said it wasn't a "true" crossover. I said that it makes more sense for THIS crossover. Since most of the characters come from 3D games, which is what the PlayStation consoles focus on, they would naturally fit better in a 3D fighting game. It's really not hard to understand if you've been a long time PlayStation fan. Most of Sony's own series are 3D games on PlayStation consoles, a lot of third-party series went 3D on PlayStation consoles, so why shouldn't a fighting game crossover that's dedicated to a brand that mostly focuses on 3D games...not be a 3D game itself? It makes more sense than using a 2D-style from a Nintendo crossover series.

 

Besides, have you even played Power Stone? Those games are fun and some people may even consider them better than Smash Bros. They're pretty much grouped together as the same kind of games. So tell me, what's wrong with Sony using that kind of style for this game instead of a 2D style that fits better for Nintendo?

 

And it does give the creators more creativiity, since Power Stone doesn't have as much stuff in it as Smash Bros. so this gives Sony an opportunity to take something and put more of their own stuff in it.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 18 of 22 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

3 weeks ago

Bam4evr wrote:

Duck_mann86 wrote:

Keep in mind what this game is supposed to be about? Yeah no **bleep** I do lol. It's supposed to be a crossover of PlayStation franchises, just because it's 2D doesn't mean its not a "true" crossover. There is nothing wrong with being 2D, nothing. You still haven't convinced me otherwise. Its a fighting game, just because its in a 2D perspective with characters from a 3D fighting game doesn't mean its worse. No one complains about the game being 2D. No one. 

Also that just because its a 3D fighter doesn't automatically mean it will allow the creators "creative" suddenly. 


 

I never said it wasn't a "true" crossover. I said that it makes more sense for THIS crossover. Since most of the characters come from 3D games, which is what the PlayStation consoles focus on, they would naturally fit better in a 3D fighting game. It's really not hard to understand if you've been a long time PlayStation fan. Most of Sony's own series are 3D games on PlayStation consoles, a lot of third-party series went 3D on PlayStation consoles, so why shouldn't a fighting game crossover that's dedicated to a brand that mostly focuses on 3D games...not be a 3D game itself? It makes more sense than using a 2D-style from a Nintendo crossover series.

 

Besides, have you even played Power Stone? Those games are fun and some people may even consider them better than Smash Bros. They're pretty much grouped together as the same kind of games. So tell me, what's wrong with Sony using that kind of style for this game instead of a 2D style that fits better for Nintendo?

 

And it does give the creators more creativiity, since Power Stone doesn't have as much stuff in it as Smash Bros. so this gives Sony an opportunity to take something and put more of their own stuff in it.


The only argument you've brought to argue against the 2D style is that because the characters are from 3D games they shouldn't be in a 2D crossover. What's wrong with 2D exactly. If your answer is the same as always like "It doesn't make sense since the games are from 3D games" then I don't know what else to tell you lol.

 

2D is great for fighting games, and it works with PlayStation characters. I'm willing to bet a majority of people will agree on that. Never said that 3D was wrong for a crossover for this game, just if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

 

And lastly it doesn't give automatically give them more creativaty, that's an arbritary thing to say. 

Message 19 of 22 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/23/2016
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Rumor via 4chan suggests that another All-Stars is on it's way.

3 weeks ago

It's not that there's anything wrong with making a PS Crossover Fighting game that is still 2D, it's just more fitting for the characters that originated from 3D action games but I did say a few times in the PSAS Discord that not all stages would be 3D

Message 20 of 22 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes