Nov 12 2012
By: n0rmal94 Uncharted Territory 1273 posts

Rudy Roughknight(Wild Arms Series) Moveset

[ Edited ]
16 replies 776 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

I've been planning to do a moveset for one of my most wanted character Ari but at this point I rather see a more deserving character than one that only had one game. So I chose to make a moveset for Rudy Roughknight from Wild Arms and Wild Arms Alter Code F.

Some history

Rudy is from a series called Wild Arms which is a Sony IP that lasted from the ps1 era up to the ps2 and psp. It spanned 5 installment, a remake, and a spin-off. 

Known as a "Dream Chaser", Rudy has wandered across the vast wastelands of his world searching for a place to belong. Though he is only at the innocent age of 15, he has the makings of a great warrior. Skilled in the use of weapons of mass destruction (known as ARMs) of Filgaia's forgotten ancient civilizations, Rudy often escapes trouble through his superior firepower.  Got it off the Wiki to avoid anything spoilerish even though its old.

Rudy_Roughnight.jpg487593-111_large.jpgcaption-111584-20070411130020.jpgwildarmscover.jpg

Well here goes.

Attacks

Neutral Square Button Sword Slash (Attack with sword. press 2 for a combo) Same for in the Air

UpSquare ButtonArc Slash (Swings the sword up in an arc) Same for in the Air

SideSquare ButtonWild Bunch ( Rudy lunges forward with his sword with a decent knockback) Smites down opponents in the air can combo into Bombs

DownSquare ButtonCounter (Counters attacks, if long range press Square Button again to fire a shot) Same for in the Air

Neutral Triangle ButtonHand Cannon ( Rudy fires a cannon, short range but big knockback) Same for in the Air(ammo 4)

UpTriangle ButtonRocket Launcher (Rudy uses a rocket launcher to shoot upwards diagonally, press more to fire 2 more for a combo, last one causes an explosive blast) Same for in the Air(keeps you air born for a second)(ammo 9)

SideTriangle ButtonTwin Orbs ( Two orbs go forward and latches on an opponent if hit, does continuous damage but can get destroyed or time runs out) Same for in the Air(ammo 4)

DownTriangle ButtonPhaser ( Fires a beam with large range but needs to be charged before use) In air it charges quickly but cannot store, so it is instantly used.(ammo 2)

NeutralCircle ButtonGrenades ( Throw grenades forward, charge more for range.) Same for in the Air

UpCircle ButtonPower Glove Punch ( Punches upward, can combo into Rocket Launcher, charge for guard break.) In air grabs opponents and drops them down can combo into Bombs.

SideCircle ButtonRocket Skates (Rudy charges forward hitting anyone whos in the was, charge for more distance) Same for in the Air

DownCircle ButtonBomb (Place a bomb on the ground, explodes when out of time or hit, small radius) In air bomb gets thrown down and will explode on impact, big radius, but can knockback the user too.

Guard: Reloads ammo

Supers

Lv1. Prism Laser : Rudy does a forward jump in the air and shoots down diagonally(Frames of invisibility during the jump)

Lv2. Bazooka: Rudy readies up the bazooka, controllable super, ends with 5 shots fired or time runs out.(Press the super button again to cause the shots to explode)

Lv3. Arc Smash: Rudy uses the ultimate Arms for an explosion of bright light. (stage clearing cinematic attack.)

Victory theme 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRV_A5ZDXyo (specifically the whislting parts, me likey. :3)

Victory theme 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s_ys5GSX5k

Lv3 Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUzIq5-Lgg

What do you all think good for DLC?

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 1 of 17 (776 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Rudy Roughknight moveset

Nov 12, 2012
I like it, it has a mix of his moves from his original and Alter Code F. Well done :smileyhappy:
Message 2 of 17 (750 Views)
Wastelander
596 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Here is a good example of a 1st party JRPG charcter that really represents playstation.

Good moveset!

Message 3 of 17 (746 Views)
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 12, 2012
yum
Message 4 of 17 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

Here is a good example of a 1st party JRPG charcter that really represents playstation.

Good moveset!

Thanks, this is one of the oldies that stayed with Sony for a long time. It will be good to see them again. :smileyhappy:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I like it, it has a mix of his moves from his original and Alter Code F. Well done :smileyhappy:

Thanks, I kind of forgot how the Arms work so I had to do a little research to jog my memory.

Message 5 of 17 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Hearing Colin suggesting a Wild Arms character, made me happy. I thought people had forgotten about that franchises, so i'm bumping this thread.

Message 6 of 17 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Rudy Roughknight is one of my top most wanted characters also. Just seeing his name on the top tags on the forum makes me happy. It shows that a lot of people want him too. I hope he gets in because this game is starving for some JRPG representation. Not only that but they're a 1st party game and I don't think it'd be that big of a problem to get him unless the studio goes Sucker Punch on them lol. 

Message 7 of 17 (642 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Never heard of this character lol. Still good moveset.
Message 8 of 17 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Nov 15, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

Rudy Roughknight is one of my top most wanted characters also. Just seeing his name on the top tags on the forum makes me happy. It shows that a lot of people want him too. I hope he gets in because this game is starving for some JRPG representation. Not only that but they're a 1st party game and I don't think it'd be that big of a problem to get him unless the studio goes Sucker Punch on them lol. 

Lol Suckerpunch is now a phrase. But yeah hopefully Sony sees that thier other franchises are important as well, especially thier rpgs/jrpgs.

BlazedCarbon wrote:
Never heard of this character lol. Still good moveset.
Message 9 of 17 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Nov 15, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

Hearing Colin suggesting a Wild Arms character, made me happy. I thought people had forgotten about that franchises, so i'm bumping this thread.

Same here. 

After hearing him and greg go on, and on, and on about stupid ethan mars, it's good to hear some good character selections.

Hopefully Omar and the team consider him.

Message 10 of 17 (610 Views)
0 Likes