Fender Bender
2925 posts

Re: Ripped off? If so, still playable?

Nov 12, 2012
Lol, that's the point, I'm joking though.
Message 81 of 90 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

It plays completely different then brawl and HAS a different concept, To kill ppl using specials where brawl the goal is to knock others off, Brawl also has low combo ability sense the basis is to knock others off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 82 of 90 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Totally!

I don't get that arguement. We all see how similiar this game is to Super Smash, but why is that a problem? I love SSB, but I think it's awesome that Sony's doing the same thing. And if Xbox had more characters I think it would be awesome to see a game like this on that platform. I love comparing games across different platforms.

Message 83 of 90 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Nov 12, 2012
There's huge differences between PSAS and Brawl. 1. No tripping 2. Supers 3. more HD in 1080p with 60 fps 4.PS characters and some 3rd party 5. Way better imo
Message 84 of 90 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Anyone whos played PSASBR know that they play COMPLETELY different and that the CONCEPT is COMPLETELY different, Calling it a clone of brawl is completely asinine.

Edit: 300th comment, THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 85 of 90 (73 Views)
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Te beta shows enough differential from Brawl
Message 86 of 90 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Ginwolf wrote:

Anyone whos played PSASBR know that they play COMPLETELY different and that the CONCEPT is COMPLETELY different, Calling it a clone of brawl is completely asinine.

The concept is actually the same, it's the mechanics that are different.

The concept is a bunch of characters from other games getting together and fighting each other. It can be said of PS All-Stars AND Smash Bros, which is why I feel comparison is acceptable, although this game is not a "clone" of Nintendo's due to the mechanics being different.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 87 of 90 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

The concept is a bunch of characters from other games getting together and fighting each other. It can be said of PS All-Stars AND Smash Bros, which is why I feel comparison is acceptable, although this game is not a "clone" of Nintendo's due to the mechanics being different.

What I mean by concept is that the gameplay goal is completely different and more competitive.

Message 88 of 90 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Ginwolf wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

What I mean by concept is that the gameplay goal is completely different and more competitive.

Which would come more under mechanics than concept in my book Smiley Tongue

The central concept is identical, everything else is different. That's how I see it.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 89 of 90 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

To the guy who said it's a totally different game... you...are...a ...moron.

Playstation Allstars is COMPLETELY a ripoff of Nintendos Super Smash IP. Sony wants the money and fanbase so they made their own...simple as that. Even if there's some different features, it's still the same concept and it's not original.

And don't begin replying by talking about how Battlefield and Call of Duty are similar.. they're all ripoffs of wolfenstein too, just they're WAY down the road by now.

Now whether or not it's good is yet to be determined. I personally enjoyed the beta for it's nice graphics and smooth framerate, but the lack luster set of characters in the roster is turning me off to the Day 1 purchase idea...

You are a total and complete moron.

Message 90 of 90 (34 Views)
0 Likes