Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Re: Ripped off? If so, still playable?

Nov 12, 2012

To the guy who said it's a totally different game... you...are...a ...moron.

Playstation Allstars is COMPLETELY a ripoff of Nintendos Super Smash IP. Sony wants the money and fanbase so they made their own...simple as that. Even if there's some different features, it's still the same concept and it's not original.

And don't begin replying by talking about how Battlefield and Call of Duty are similar.. they're all ripoffs of wolfenstein too, just they're WAY down the road by now.

Now whether or not it's good is yet to be determined. I personally enjoyed the beta for it's nice graphics and smooth framerate, but the lack luster set of characters in the roster is turning me off to the Day 1 purchase idea...

Message 71 of 90 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

It's not like Smash Bros is the only 4 player fighter. It wasn't even the 1st either.

actually  it was all others he took inspiration from were 2 player only

Message 72 of 90 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

Playstation Allstars is COMPLETELY a ripoff of Nintendos Super Smash IP. Sony wants the money and fanbase so they made their own...simple as that. Even if there's some different features, it's still the same concept and it's not original.

And don't begin replying by talking about how Battlefield and Call of Duty are similar.. they're all ripoffs of wolfenstein too, just they're WAY down the road by now.

Now whether or not it's good is yet to be determined. I personally enjoyed the beta for it's nice graphics and smooth framerate, but the lack luster set of characters in the roster is turning me off to the Day 1 purchase idea...

The concept is the same but the mechanics are entirely defferent. Tell me, can you DI/Smash DI in this game? Spot dodge? Tech? Ledge grab? Do you have to build up your oppenents percentage to knock someone off stage? Do combos rely entirely on what percentage you're on or how floaty or heavy your character is? No. This is different from Smash in terms of mechanics. I can agree on the concept and a few mechanics is the inspiration of Smash Bros. such as Tech chasing and directional attacks. But you also have to consider that this is also inspired by some MvC mechanics as well such as Aeriel Teching, Frame Traps, static hitstun, and grabbing out of roll.

If this was a complete Rip-Off of Smash, then the Smash boards would have been all over this game instead of being divided by who likes it and who don't.

Message 73 of 90 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Nov 12, 2012
@Nick930930

It's the same concept, thats why we used the word "inspired" here. Every game in the same genre have the same concept, right? Then are you saying that every game is a ripped-off from another? and im sorry that you would not be joining us on this battle because of the characters.
Message 74 of 90 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Anybody who thinks this game is self-inspired and only draws SLIGHTLY grom SSB have their heads up where the sun don't shine.

This game is absolutely a reverse-engineered SSB game with varying specifications.

Why does that HAVE to be bad though? Sony is GREAT at copyin ideas and making them just as good or better!
Message 75 of 90 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

Do you want me to look up "completely" for you in the dictionary?

Message 76 of 90 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 12, 2012
come one guys, even superbot said they had inspiration from ssb,
that's pretty obvious...
Play For Fun!
Message 77 of 90 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I like to play Tag, it's just a rip-off off chasing kids down and touching eachother back and forth. But who gives a crap?
Message 78 of 90 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 12, 2012

harley2947 wrote:
I like to play Tag, it's just a rip-off off chasing kids down and touching eachother back and forth. But who gives a crap?

"...chasing kids down and touching each other..."

that sounds so wrong dude....

Play For Fun!
Message 79 of 90 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

Message 80 of 90 (40 Views)
0 Likes