Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Ripped off? If so, still playable?

Nov 12, 2012

As a person who has played Brawl, and is really looking forward to PSASBR, I can give some justification as to why its considered more opinion and less of a fact.

In Brawl, I only played Samus/Zero Suit Samus, and  Zelda/Sheik. Mario, Luigi, and pretty much the entire rest of the cast just didn't appeal to me. Heck I only played Samus because I had to with ZSS; those whip combos were disgusting against others. Not to mention I just loved playing Sheik and Zelda came along for the ride. Every now and then I may pick up Ike or Marth (for Brawl+ Mods) but it was mostly just ZSS and Sheik. Pretty much two characters out of the 35 I had any interest in whatsoever.

Now; Playstation All-Stars? I'm looking forward to Nariko, Dante, and Raiden. You may be saying "oh you top tier weirdo" but honestly? I love Ninja Theory. I'd say I'm a Ninja Theory fanboy. And Raiden? I just got done playing Metal Gear Revengeance's demo for a fifteenth time. I'm REALLY hyped for Raiden now. Pretty much three right off the bat; more than I ever wanted.

Not only that though; Sir Daniel Fortesque, making his return as the manliest skeleton of all time really has me curious to how well he'll be doing. Colonel Radec's voice alone makes me shiver; friggin' loved him in the demo. Sackboy even makes me curious; having played LBP1-2-PSP I'm curious to see how he really fights now.

So, right now, I'm personally interested in only 2 characters in Brawl, and about 6 in Playstation All-Stars.

Opinion=/=Fact.

Message 51 of 90 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 12, 2012
On the surface, it looks exactly like smash, but is indeed very different. Psasbr is 2 smash what mortal kombat is 2 street fighter.
Message 52 of 90 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 12, 2012

i love PSASBR for the gameplay mechanics and the roster so far and it was/is harder for sony/superbot to get characters in the game compared to smash bros. nintendo owns ALL their main cast  of characters. sony/superbot has to negotiate with companies for use of characters. the gameplay is better in allstars, smash bros was really unbalanced. i've see Zeldas take matches just by spamming the fire ball and knock people of the stage because they can move it and explode it. that is totally cheap and also somem stages were really dumb like the vertical moving stages like rumble falls. its enough just to fight people but fighting and moving up the stage at a very rapid pace was not fun because most times it would kill. the items would kill too and the online in smash bros was completely unplayable with that lag. you literally can't do anything once in a match, i have really good internet connection and i couldn't do anything and i've been at others houses and was still unplayable. at least PSASBR was made by people into fighting games with a great understanding of how they work and wanted to make it as balanced as they can. in PSASBR you focus souly on the fighting and not about health which is refreshing and feels like a fighting game and not like smash bros were your major focus was "oh i just have to hit you a bunch and launch you off the stage." i believe PSASBR offers more.

#ClownTroops
Message 53 of 90 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Why dont ppl see this type of game as a genre? just like all 2d fighters. Street fighter, MK, guilty gear, blue blaze. All them games are not considered as rip offs but god forbid any1 make a game with the same concept as smash n all hell breaks loose.
Message 54 of 90 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Y_M_1 wrote:
Why dont ppl see this type of game as a genre? just like all 2d fighters. Street fighter, MK, guilty gear, blue blaze. All them games are not considered as rip offs but god forbid any1 make a game with the same concept as smash n all hell breaks loose.

maybe it will become a legit genre,

like how dota was the precursor (maybe not, but the most well known) for the MOBA genre to be created....

Play For Fun!
Message 55 of 90 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Actually, Battlefield and Halo are hardly alike, so yah.. PSABR is more of a copy of Smash Bros because they're taking famous characters from the Sony series, which is what Nintendo did, they also made it a brawler too, and they have the cut scenes like Smash Bros, probably have trophies like Smash Bros, so yah. Halo and Battlefield are just FPS.
Message 56 of 90 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Hamurio wrote:

@Thirty3Three

That was unexpected for me to be the first to support that logic lol

Why? Just because you're blind enough to think that Battlefield is a ripoff of Halo 2? Seriously get your eyes checked.
You can't rip off a genre, you can rip off a game, but if you think that one game deserves the genre alone, like Smash fans do, just because they got lucky on the "mascot brawler" genre, then there's something wrong with you.

Please tell me you're brighter than this.

Message 57 of 90 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

@Thirty3Three

Hey man, im on your side here. Sorry my english might be bad but what i meant is that i cant believe that I'm the first one who believe your logic, I thought there might be a lot more people before me. PSASBR is "inspired" by SSB to me.

Message 58 of 90 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Hamurio wrote:
@Thirty3Three

Hey man, im on your side here. Sorry my english might be bad but what i meant is that i cant believe that I'm the one who believe your logic. PSASBR is "inspired" by SSB to me.

Inspired is a MUCH better word Smiley Wink

Message 59 of 90 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Ripped off? No. They completely changed the key mechanic of Smash.

Playable? Judging by the beta, yes.

Message 60 of 90 (57 Views)
0 Likes