Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Ripped off? If so, still playable?

Nov 11, 2012
I think there will be a lot of support post launch - they've for a lot of fighting vets on the team, they know how to support games of the genre after release.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 41 of 90 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 12, 2012

To me a rip-off is line this, you got Super Mario World, a rip-off of that game to me would be just going in, changing all the sprites, doing nothing to the engine or the rest of the coding and then at the end you call it something entirely new, that's a rip-off in my opinion and I would never support it, but something like this where it's just the same genre then yes I would be inclined to pick it up.

Message 42 of 90 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Thank you all for your opinion and thank you for all the love to this game :smileyhappy:

9 more days, Cheers!!

Message 43 of 90 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I mean in the beginning when the game was 1st announced and even shown off it was safe to call it a rip-off. But at this stage in the game, after have played it and such it's a bit ridiculous to call it a rip-off now. To call this a rip-off of SSB is like saying Tekken is a rip-off of Street Fighter.
Message 44 of 90 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Dr pepper and 7up are rip off beer
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 45 of 90 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:
I'm sure everyone would like to see a bigger roster, you know each one has their own precious character that they'd like to see added, but obtaining more 3rd party characters or even Sony characters requires co-operation from many studios/IPs and is not as easy.

Nintendo has a far more cohesive roster, no matter how you look at it, PSABR cannot really stand up to SSBB's roster, but it is a really good start.

Not really. You say "Everyone" when you should of said something like "a great amount of people". Yes, there are users who want to see their own precious character without giving reasons & pray for the character to be in.

Nope. I looked at both rosters. How you said it sounds like you're saying it's a "FACT" when it isn't. YOU prefer SSBB's Roster. That's all it matters. Which do I prefer? PS All-Stars Roster. Also, you're comparing a first game to a third game of the roster.

I enjoy both rosters. I've been with Nintendo & Sony Consoles for a long time to know many characters. But when I see SSBB's Roster, I really don't play every single character. Most of the times I play around ten characters, yet there's 35. There are some characters I won't play at all. PS All-Stars Roster? I'm interest to play ALL characters except Fat Princess.

Why? Well, PS All-Stars did one rep per each character with the exception of InFamous of two reps, compared to SSB which has two franchises with two reps, however, most count "Yoshi" & "DK" as Mario characters just like SSBB's Wario despite being as "WarioWare".

I actually enjoy most of Sony Reps. Despite playing only one or two Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter games, they're cool enough to play as. 3rd Party Reps? Snake & Sonic were cool, but they were kind of characters I wouldn't play as a lot. Big Daddy, Heihachi (I consider him mostly PS Rep because of PS1/PS2 Exclusive), Raiden, and DMC's Dante? I sure will play as them.

Nintendo did well with the Reps on SSB to SSBM to SSBB. So did Playstation with PS All-Stars with known 1st Party Reps. You prefer which Roster you like & they both did well enough to get the right reps + bonus 3rd Party Reps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 46 of 90 (93 Views)
Wastelander
726 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I'm with Wesley, smash had a good amount of chars but I really only ever played as a few (Falco, Mario bros, and meta knight)

However, with this game I think each character willl have something about them I can love. I can easily seeing myself playing all the characters, and having a bigger list of chracters i'll play with regularly with more than the chars in Smash despite the overall smaller roster (I mean, I hardly ever touched bowser or Princess peach in brawl)

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 47 of 90 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I'd say this game has as much in common with smash as a combo of Dream Mix TV and Marvel vs Capcom, 1 or 2 things but not enough to call it a complete rip-off, but personally I don't care I just want to play the game.

Playstation sig
Message 48 of 90 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I dont care what anyone says, this game is not a rip off.The only people who think that must be closed minded,uneducated or people that are hardcore Nintendo fans.For that matter, this game is not made for them and everyone that is excited about this game and has been sense day 1 are the people this game is made for.What has hapened to the game industry is that Nintendo indeed has innovated and originated certain things like Kart racers,Party games & brawlers and mainly anybody in the past that has tried to try something similar has failed a few times, so much so that you rarely see a decent kart racer or brawler these days at all.I can say that if there were more succesful brawlers that no one would keep pointing back to smash bros.Sony has come up with a really good product wth enugh differences to be set appart from smash bros and if any other brawler comes after will now be compaired to both ps allstars & smash...

Message 49 of 90 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Even if it was ripped off I'd still get it. I just love the concept of heroes and villains from different games getting together and fight.
Message 50 of 90 (63 Views)