Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Ripped off? If so, still playable?

Nov 11, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Hmm, difference of opinions about the on disc roster I guess. Hope the DLC changes your mind though.

I don't ask for much, there are 4 characters that would almost totally change my mind.

But for a game that entitles itself the role of a tribute to Playstation's history, this isn't enough, we're not even close.

Smash Bros. hardly does that to Nintendo's history...

Message 31 of 90 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 11, 2012

As great as SSBB is, I htink I like this game's game mechanics more. Sure being able to latch on to edges etc is fun among other things, but I love PSABR's mechanics equally if not more. The beta was enough to convince me, this game rocks!

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 32 of 90 (114 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Nov 11, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Hmm, difference of opinions about the on disc roster I guess. Hope the DLC changes your mind though.

I don't ask for much, there are 4 characters that would almost totally change my mind.

But for a game that entitles itself the role of a tribute to Playstation's history, this isn't enough, we're not even close.

*cough*Banjo and kazooie*cough*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 33 of 90 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Nov 11, 2012

My response to the whole rip off thing has been this:

If you believe it is a rip off, so what? Smash Bros is a fantastic franchise, and if we get something like that with playstation characters, and playstation fans get to now have a version with their favourite characters, so why is this a bad thing? In addition, it also creates competition for smash bros which can only encourage nintendo to make it a better game next time round. If you can't be happy that other fans are getting a game that they want, then that's just sad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 34 of 90 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 11, 2012
On YouTube I just send them a link to the haters a interview of superbot saying how they built the game from scratch..... End off
Message 35 of 90 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 11, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

*cough*Banjo and kazooie*cough*

Yeah if Smash Bros.'s roster wants to be really perfect Nintendo needs to buy back Rare. Or if not Rare, at least Rare's IPs. But I wasn't referring to that, there are a lot of others Nintendo's IPs deserving a rep (Animal Crossing, Advance/Battalion Wars, Punch Out!, Prof. Layton, Phoenix Wright, a lot more of other minor franchises...). All that without counting third parties which were a big part of Nintendo's history (Megaman, Castlevania, Pac-Man, Rayman...).

At least Smash Bros. covers the biggest franchises though... At least.

Message 36 of 90 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 11, 2012
I'm a little more forgiving with PSABR because its much more tougher for them to attain permission to include the characters highly requested at this point. With Smash Bros, the initial roster is there you know, we know who we're definitely getting and we're content with that. It's just a completely different appeal in both games cases when it comes to the roster.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 37 of 90 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 11, 2012
I'm sure everyone would like to see a bigger roster, you know each one has their own precious character that they'd like to see added, but obtaining more 3rd party characters or even Sony characters requires co-operation from many studios/IPs and is not as easy.

Nintendo has a far more cohesive roster, no matter how you look at it, PSABR cannot really stand up to SSBB's roster, but it is a really good start.

------
Message 38 of 90 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 11, 2012
That's exactly the way to look at it Tekn0tize.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 39 of 90 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

What I'm more interested in is, how much will SuperBot care about character balance and make this a truly tournament worthy and balanced game. I would be a shame if just a few like Cole or Nathan dominate because they have the most fans.

Don't get me wrong, I love a party brawler, but I just see so much potential in this game it's hard not to dream otherwise.

------
Message 40 of 90 (95 Views)
0 Likes