Survivor
2454 posts

Re: Ripped off? If so, still playable?

Nov 11, 2012
If Xbox made a game where fighters come together it would be a rip off, if pc made a game where fighters came together it would be a rip off. Haters would find and pick hairs out what they need to realise is that people will forever pick hairs out because it gives em something to do, they couldn't name 10 things that it rips off ssbb
Message 11 of 90 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 11, 2012

No, the people who say this are **bleep** Nintendo fanboys.

Any true gamer won't use that as the sole reason to not play a game. As a gamer, if a game is fun for YOU to play it, you play it. It is as simple as that.

To be honest, EVEN if this game is a ripoff of SSBB (which it's not) I would STILL buy and play it. because, I do NOT have a Nintendo, I don't want to buy one because Nintendo have horrible region lock crap, therefore I want one for PS and this happens to be the closest one.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 12 of 90 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Nov 11, 2012

i'd reply with "Oh, smash brothers is HD?"  Of course I'm just a jerk and like annoying people lol

Message 13 of 90 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 11, 2012
I have GOW origin 2 collection and it has a DVD side where you hear every director talk about the game they made. The director of gow 3 said I watched clash of the titans and was really inspired and got ideas off it to put in my game. Do you get fans of clash of the titans or Greek mythology crying saying its a rip off????
Message 14 of 90 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Honestly, everything rips off something else in some way, and it's rare to see entirely original ideas. Not just in games, but in all media.

SSB and PS All-Stars are in the same genre and have massive similarities, and I honestly doubt this game would exist without Smash Bros, but to look at it and go "it's just a copy!", and dismiss it is rather sad.

But then on the flipside, I also disagree with people who don't feel the games should be compared, but I believe they should be, since they are similar enough to do so. Hell, the reason I'm excited for this game is because I've wanted a PS equivalent to Smash since the original on the N64, so the two being similar in that respect is actually a selling point for me, not something that puts me off.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 15 of 90 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Well I did play Cartoon Network's Smash Brothers enjoyed with some buds this is no different I enjoy this type of games.
Message 16 of 90 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Ssbb is a total rip off of Tekken n street fighter. Lets face it its a fighter game. Kinda disgusts me Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 90 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Xcaligamer1 wrote:

i'd reply with "Oh, smash brothers is HD?"  Of course I'm just a jerk and like annoying people lol

You know that is not HD which makes a game looking good, right?

In fact, Brawl is more beautiful to the eye even if it doesn't go over 480p (there is a component for the Wii but I don't like it nor need it). 

I'm not expecting people here to realize that since you don't have any taste and you judge anything with numbers and words you can't even understand, but it's true.

Message 18 of 90 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Smiley Very Happy take it easy, we're comenting on games arent we? where is the fun factor in taking everything so serious
Message 19 of 90 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 11, 2012
PSABR is inspired by SSB, not copied. I think people get the two mixed up. It's clear SuperBot have worked hard and tried their best to change the formula rather then ripping it off, which is why I acknowledge the game as a stand alone title - ofcourse I'd be happy with a carbon copy because I'm a huge SSB fan, but I'll give kudos where kudos is due, and SuperBot definitely deserved it for taking the high road and creating their own game out of a standard genre.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 20 of 90 (139 Views)
0 Likes