Highlighted
Jun 14 2012
By: HighFlyer_15 Uncharted Territory 1329 posts

Ring Outs idea

21 replies 190 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

Ring Outs were sometimes what made me and my friends scream and laugh in SSB. You lost lives by ring outs.

And to not make it too identical to SSB they took that away. None of the stages so far has shown any kind of "danger" below.

What if Ring Outs would make you respawn, while losing all your super meter. Points wouldn't be deducted, since you've pratically taken away the chance at scoring points aswell.

That would be just as bad as losing a life, since you wouldn't be able to take a life.

Just something I just thought about since Ring Outs would make stages more interesting, instead of no dangers in getting into the water, since the Shark in Sandvillage doesn't come around that fast or often.

Anyways just an idea I would like to throw out there but maybe it's just me who would miss Ring Outs

Message 1 of 22 (190 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re: Ring Outs idea

Jun 14, 2012

actually i think that's a very good idea. it could change the game dramatically. if someone with a huge lead got a ring out it could help a lot and i like the idea of the super meter being deducted. i would love this to be in the game. but i would still want stages that you cant ringouts on. that way it's a whole new twist. but maybe at sandover village if you stay in the water to long you drown. if the shark catches you then he would eat you and give you a ringout. just a suggestion but i like the idea. deducting the super meter can be a huge turning point in the game. great idea!

Message 2 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Very good idea!! I agree completely with flaming ice.. This would change the game drastically.. Or maybe you could choose to keep your super bar and lose two points.. There should be two ring out respawn buttons that let you pick..

Message 3 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jun 14, 2012

i love the levels they have right now they are great. and sandover village is the perfect one for this ringout theory. and we all know that there is going to be more levels. i really like this idea a lot and honestly who knows they may use it. we can only hope i really want to see a sly cooper level.

Message 4 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Hmm.. There IS a few seconds from death until you respawn, maybe they could add a button press system in those few seconds, which would let you determine if you wanted -1 or super meter lost.

They should definitely make more "closed" levels where Ring Outs aren't possible, but one can hope they think about Ring Outs in new ways

Message 5 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jun 14, 2012

ya i really hope they do. if they don't then they cant make maps on highg places or such you know what i mean? like for instance a sly level that would probably take place on buildings or such.

Message 6 of 22 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Building level reminds me of Rampage O_o

Would be cool having to avoid the 3 original monsters trashing a couple of buildings.

Message 7 of 22 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I just think the regular ring out from SSB should be in this

Message 8 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jun 14, 2012

i think they did to much and they aren't gonna change that i don't think.

Message 9 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Like they are going to keep SSB style or they wil have their own way of ring outs

Message 10 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes