Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Ring Out and Stage Interaction Suggestions

Jul 16, 2012
Well, Hades, the Hydra, et. al. are stage hazards as well. It's just that the MAWLR is the only one that's quite literally a hazard to the level itself.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 21 of 27 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 16, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Well, Hades, the Hydra, et. al. are stage hazards as well. It's just that the MAWLR is the only one that's quite literally a hazard to the level itself.

Sure seems like it. My assumption is that the walls will still come down. 

Message 22 of 27 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Agreed. It's most likely that turning off stage hazards only turns off penalties for being hit. I figured it was an interesting question, though.

Speaking of off-topic interesting questions, how the hell does the post-game score work? I saw a match where Sweet Tooth went 3-3 or something like that and he had a positive 3, but then Sly had gone 0-4 and had -4. I don't think that makes any sense, and it's been in every match I've seen, so it's not a glitch.
ecdf9e46
Message 23 of 27 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Agreed. It's most likely that turning off stage hazards only turns off penalties for being hit. I figured it was an interesting question, though.

Speaking of off-topic interesting questions, how the hell does the post-game score work? I saw a match where Sweet Tooth went 3-3 or something like that and he had a positive 3, but then Sly had gone 0-4 and had -4. I don't think that makes any sense, and it's been in every match I've seen, so it's not a glitch.

I believe it works like this: in timed mode, every kill counts as two points and every death subtracts one point. Therefore, if Sweet Tooth had 3 kills and 3 deaths, that's 6-3=3. If Sly had 4 deaths and 0 kills, that's 0-4= -4. Pretty sure that's how it works at least.

Message 24 of 27 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Yep, just did the math on that. Works in every video for every character. I'm guessing that's only for timed mode, and the scoring system will be less...odd...in Stock/Reverse Stock. Albeit those modes have a much more direct result, too.
ecdf9e46
Message 25 of 27 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 16, 2012

I really like your suggestions I hope superbot look into them. One of my favorite things about Smash was that you can knock people off the stage. I don't think they could put this in the game now cuz they're busy with other things, but I have a feeling its something they'll need to look into.

Yeah the stage interactions look like they don't do much Smiley Sad I think having those options would be a sweet addition. Someone mentioned earlier about the shark guiding you back to the stage but tbh I think after a while it'd just get kind of boring and annoying to fall and climb back up. I think it'll be one of the least played stages because of it. 

Message 26 of 27 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 17, 2012
Well, I must note that it has been confirmed that you can turn stage hazards off. I don't have the link, but I know it's been confirmed.
ecdf9e46
Message 27 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes