Nov 19 2012
By: ZoMiBaRu First Son 29 posts

Review Prediction

[ Edited ]
53 replies 358 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

I have played PLASBR beta a ton, and I watched a ton of gameplay on youtube and have reached to conclusion of how this game will do.

This game will have a ton of mixed reviews. All of them ranging in the score range between 6.5-8.5 (maybe 9's)

Three major flaws I know the critics WILL hate. (maybe users too)

1. The arcade mode + story mode is crap. This is based off fact, and not opinion.

2. The AI is so bad, they are just dummies that stand there and attack every 5-10 seconds. 

3. Some characters have moves that are super overpowered. e.g: Kratos's LVL 3 (its possible to get 9 kills with that thing) 

I understand that this game is completely different than Smash bros, but that game is better in every way.

1. The story mode was pretty decent (not the greatest, but decent. The characters connected in some way)

2. The Ai gave a solid challenge, and put up a good, fair fight.

3.There were some overpowered characters, but not crazy like Kratos's lvl 3 (A giant sword that also shoots projectiles? Please)

However, I see that everything else will be great, because each character has sooo much detail.. BUT the scores will all depend on how harshly the critics will grade these 3 huge flaws. Some will not care that much (Ign, co optimuus, gamestrailer and youtube reviewers), while other reviewers like gamespot, will care, and put this game down.

I will still buy the game, because I don't care about the arcade and story mode. Others will. And I warn them. 

This is my review from what I have seen (pre release)

+Great party game

+Great tutorial

+Characters are polished and have a ton of detail

+Nice learning curve

+Confirmed future free dlc

- Terrible AI

-Lacluster story mode

-Not good for competative play because of overpowered moves

-Mediocre Menus (They could have done a much better job, its sooo plain)

Overall 8.3

Message 1 of 54 (358 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Re: Review Prediction

Nov 19, 2012

ZoMiBaRu wrote:

I have played PLASBR beta a ton, and I watched a ton of gameplay on youtube and have reached to conclusion of how this game will do.

This game will have a ton of mixed reviews. All of them ranging in the score range between 6.5-8.5 (maybe 9's)

1. The arcade mode + story mode is crap. This is based off fact, and not opinion.

2. The AI is so bad, they are just dummies that stand there and attack every 5-10 seconds. 

3. Some characters have moves that are super overpowered. e.g: Kratos's LVL 3 (its possible to get 9 kills with that thing) 

I understand that this game is completely different than Smash bros, but that game is better in every way.

1. The story mode was pretty decent (not the greatest, but decent. The characters connected in some way)

2. The Ai gave a solid challenge, and put up a good, fair fight.

3.There were some overpowered characters, but not crazy like Kratos's lvl 3 (A giant sword that also shoots projectiles? Please)

However, I see that everything else will be great, because each character has sooo much detail.. BUT the scores will all depend on how harshly the critics will grade these 3 huge flaws. Some will not care that much (Ign, co optimuus, gamestrailer and youtube reviewers), while other reviewers like gamespot, will care, and put this game down.

I will still buy the game, because I don't care about the arcade and story mode. Others will. And I warn them. 

This is my review from what I have seen (pre release)

+Great party game

+Great tutorial

+Characters are polished and have a ton of detail

+Nice learning curve

+Confirmed future free dlc

- Terrible AI

-Lacluster story mode

-Not good for competative play because of overpowered moves

Overall 8.3

You do realize that Superbot is committed to patching this game until it is acceptable balance wise, right?  So that can be taken off of your list of cons.

Message 2 of 54 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 19, 2012
I predict 7.25

Message 3 of 54 (314 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Nov 19, 2012
It hard to accurately predict because a lot of reviewers are completely bias.
Message 4 of 54 (306 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 19, 2012
i dont care, i would trust a "professional" review at all.
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 5 of 54 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I agree man, I feel like this game is going to get mediocre reviews, not that I care but it's still sad because some people tend to hold reviews in high regard.

Message 6 of 54 (304 Views)
First Son
29 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

@stelmoslight

Thanks! I never knew that. That sounds great. You seem to know your stuff..
is there anything else special that superbot is planning?

Message 7 of 54 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 19, 2012

ZoMiBaRu wrote:
Thanks! I never knew that. That sounds great. You seem to know your stuff..
is there anything else special that superbot is planning?
Who would you be referring Who are you refering to?
Message 8 of 54 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 19, 2012

ZoMiBaRu wrote:

__________________________________________________________________________________________

1.  Arcade mode fits this game well. A platforming arcade mode like brawls wouldn't make sense with the super system. Plus they even added original cutscenes and rivalries which is just above and beyond what they needed to do for a good arcade

2. How can you say that if you haven't even seen the hardest AI difficuly yet? ....cmon, that's pushing it. 

3. There aren't any OP moves or characters. Moves that are stronger are harder to get generally. Also, no it's not possible to get 9 kills with kratoses level 3. Although that would be awesome

4. Mediocre menus- WHAT? What other games have custimisible menu options. There's 20 different menu themes. Like....what? THat's the opposite of mediocre IMO

=D

Message 9 of 54 (262 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

nobody seems to get the story ;/

Spoiler
basically polygon man is like "god", when he says "your world is an illusion" its because the characters worlds dont actually exist. people are like "oh nathan drakes searching for treasure and than fighting cole randomly" because he was in his story, and still thinks he is, he thinks cole cmae into his world etc. its really hard to explain, but basically you notice how they dont freak out and go "what is this place?!" in the rival stage? thats because they still think they are in their world, they just see random people running through their world etc. they dont know whats really going on, that polygon man is controlling it all, its hard to explain but at least the story isnt the generic "they fell through a wormhole"

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 10 of 54 (231 Views)
0 Likes