[ Edited ]
9 replies 228 views Edited Jun 3, 2015

Message 1 of 10 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3240 posts

Re: Oddworld Inhabitants wants Abe PlayStation All-Stars inclusion

Sep 7, 2012

Scroll down this has been talked about already, sorry.

MAY
Message 2 of 10 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Sep 7, 2012
no **bleep** wonder. they left ps2 out because they though xbox was the better console. i dont blame them for forgetting about this boring character XD
Sony doesnt want a character that was also a exclusive to xbox, and they said also that the xbox was a better system.
Message 3 of 10 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Sep 7, 2012

They better freekin Add Abe he's like the kewlest Playstation Character ever!

Message 4 of 10 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Be a real nice DLC
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 5 of 10 (202 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:
no **bleep** wonder. they left ps2 out because they though xbox was the better console. i dont blame them for forgetting about this boring character XD
Sony doesnt want a character that was also a exclusive to xbox, and they said also that the xbox was a better system.

Big Daddy doesn't ring a bell?

Let's not forget that this is a character from a series that started out with the PS brand and still has 2 exclusive games there. Just because the developer feels a certain way about a console shouldn't lower the chances of a a great character like Abe from being in the game, specially when two parties important to the matter, in this case Oddworld Inhabitants and Sony America, have shown interest in seeing this happen.

The more characters, the better. I hope Abe makes it in.

Message 6 of 10 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Difference is dig daddy/Bioshock wasn't an Xbox exclusive. But if you want to compare Bioshock to Oddworld im sure Bioshock would win hands down.
I agree the more characters the better but he imo is a wasted spot which could be filled by a better character
Message 7 of 10 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Sep 7, 2012
There's a more helpful and useful thread I made, which contains this info too: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Petition-for-Abe-interesting-sto...
Message 8 of 10 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

Regardless of Oddworld's brief Transition to M$ they were born from Playstation and have even returned to Playstation. You won't be seeing any of the new Oddworld Games on the 360 that's for sure. Realistically I don't think we will see Abe come Launch time just cause they haven't even gotten back to Oddworld Inhabitants and the game is like 3 months away. I'm sure we will see Abe as DLC as that guy suggested. I would buy it in a second, he's like the only character I would actually pay extra for just cause he's tthat awesome.

Message 9 of 10 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 7, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:
Difference is dig daddy/Bioshock wasn't an Xbox exclusive. But if you want to compare Bioshock to Oddworld im sure Bioshock would win hands down.
I agree the more characters the better but he imo is a wasted spot which could be filled by a better character

It was, for more than a year. The original Bioshock was released for the Xbox on August 2007 and for the PS3 on October 2008. Plus, Big Daddy is widely seen as a PC/Xbox character. If you're not going to hold that against Big Daddy than you shouldn't hold that against Abe either. Abe has 2 exclusive games for the PS1 and 1 out of the 2 exclusive games that Abe had for the Xbox was eventually ported to the PS3. The one game in the Oddworld series that remains an Xbox exclusive has already been announced to be in port development for the PS3. Also, the PSV will get an Oddworld game as well.

So, that's 2 PS exclusive Oddworld games against 1 Xbox exclusive. Add the fact that Oddworld started with the PS brand and it's a no contest, Abe is definitely a PS character.

I understand if you're against him cuz you don't care for him as a character but he's definitely a PS character, more so than Big Daddy is.

Message 10 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes