Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2179 posts

Re: Regarding Pre-Order costumes

Nov 28, 2012

OK let me give you an example of this in a similar situation. Uncharted 2's DLC cost money when it fresh and brand new. The price went down, then eventually, it became free. Now what about the people who spent money on the DLC and payed full price for that DLC? They don't care that it became free! And this will more than likely happen with Uncharted 3 too. I payed the full $35 for all of U3's major DLC and even more for skin packs and such. One day all that will be free (more than likely soon) and I will not care at all! So get over it all you pre-order people who want to feel special. Like Marrow said eariler, all pre-ordering did is give you early access, not give you something that makes you apart of some exclusive group. That would not promote equality among gamers. While costumes aren't exactly game breaking things, they still matter. Plus Seth already said that there is an extremely high chance that  the pre-orders costumes will be DLC in the future, so you'll more than likely lose your exclusiveness anyway. And really this is how DLC for almost all games goes nowadays, why do want to make PSABR any different? You wanna feel special? Play as FP, Jak, or some other  underused character, get good with them, then own everybody with them. You'll then be apart of the "we use UP characters and can still kick **bleep**" club.. jeez.

/Rant

Message 41 of 47 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I have to agree that pre-ordering should give you the feeling of "Oh look! I got this stuff to show off to others that I pre-ordered this game. Let me show it off now" but that doesn't mean it makes you better than anyone who didn't pre-order, nor should it be extremely exclusive either. It's costumes for gods sake. Boo freaking hoo, a costume means THAT much to the people who pre-ordered that game?

When I pre-ordered Twisted Metal and recieved the Axel vehicle to use, I knew full well that after a month or so, it was gonna be released as DLC for other players to buy, I think. Or it was just unlocked via update and no one would have to pay and then everyone would have Axel at their disposal. I didn't care. I got the bonus vehicle, used it, felt awesome bc no one else had it. After it was released to everyone, I didn't give a **bleep**. Using Axel for that month was fun and all, but limiting that to just the people who pre-ordered is just stupid. And besides, this is business we're talking about. if they offer the pre-order costumes as buyable DLC, I'd buy it. You pre-order'ers got it for free, and me, one of the people who didn't pre-order, will have to pay. What is the problem? It's not like you got hosed or something.

Message 42 of 47 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1904 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

CatatonicAlex wrote:
**bleep**?
What bs...I doubt there is ANYONE that hasn't attempted to redeem their code.

Hey, at least he's working on it. Be thankful.

I'm one of those who must wait; it's not the end of the world. Grab a book, play some guitar, there's something called a life. I've heard they're pretty cool.

i've heard that too, i thought the guy was lying though.

Message 43 of 47 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 16, 2012
your right thats the only way people can see that we pre ordered it
Message 44 of 47 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 15, 2013

hello my fellow royal lovers, im just a guy who bought the game too late after release who was dissapointed of seeing the pre order costumes with an "Unavaliable" instead of a price, if theres anyone out there who would be kind and let someone use his code just once i would be grandful. i may not have any money but i am open up for Steam trading (although i have a MechWarrior Online PCGamer Paint job + bubble head code witch im not going to use at all).

Message 45 of 47 (44 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 15, 2013

See, I can completely understand the want to feel special for preordering, I really can. But as far as the games I've played in the past go, preorder dlcs should basicly be getting a dlc for free as far as I'm concerned. I feel as though they should be released, for a fee that those of us who didn't preorder can then purchase. The bonus for preordering being of course, that you didn't have to pay for the costumes, you ended up saving money off the hop. Even if they made the costumes cost more than the average costume, at least it gives everyone full access to the game the bought, even though it'll cost more.

Message 46 of 47 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Not everybody had money at the time of release. A lot of my friends weren't able to pre-order due to bills, car problems, and other things coming up. Normal people have other things going on that keep them from being able to get everything they want immediately.

Sackchief, you really need to disappear. Go find your parents and keep begging for your measly allowance, you self-entitled $lut dragon.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 47 of 47 (36 Views)
0 Likes