Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Regarding Pre-Order costumes

Nov 27, 2012

Actually they are on the disc. 100kb downloads are known as 'Unlock Codes' that simply activate a mechanism on the disc to allow you to use said things. The preorder costumes are 100kb. Do the math.

Second; You're saying that, down the line, when more people have the ability to acquire the game because it'll cost less, they're no longer allowed to have something that is on the disc ever.

Say that the 12 characters on SFxT were a preorder exclusive bonus. These are 12 fully working characters. Say that you can only get them if you preorder. If you want them down the line, too bad. They're on the disc but because you didn't put money down on it you're no longer to use something you rightfully own by law.

I understand DLC. I understand Preorder DLC. This, however, is straightjacket wearing insane.

Message 21 of 47 (143 Views)
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 27, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Actually they are on the disc. 100kb downloads are known as 'Unlock Codes' that simply activate a mechanism on the disc to allow you to use said things. The preorder costumes are 100kb. Do the math.

Second; You're saying that, down the line, when more people have the ability to acquire the game because it'll cost less, they're no longer allowed to have something that is on the disc ever.

Say that the 12 characters on SFxT were a preorder exclusive bonus. These are 12 fully working characters. Say that you can only get them if you preorder. If you want them down the line, too bad. They're on the disc but because you didn't put money down on it you're no longer to use something you rightfully own by law.

I understand DLC. I understand Preorder DLC. This, however, is straightjacket wearing insane.

The term DLC these days is starting to mean more DISC LOCKED CONTENT then DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT.

Rawr!!!!:3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 22 of 47 (141 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 27, 2012

sackchief wrote:
Why wouldn't you be able to pre order it? Oh yeah, you spent all your money on Borderlands and CoD and you're just going to wait for this to hit the bargain bin so you can pick it up cheap and get all the same stuff as the early adopters who paid full price.

Who should really eat a sh!+ now?

You do realize that if the Preorder DLC comes out later it'll be like 5-10 bucks to purchase right?

Message 23 of 47 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
354 posts

Nov 27, 2012

In case you didn't know, not everyone is capable of having a job and paying 60 bucks to buy the game brand spankin' new. There are people with financial problems out there in the world.

"Are you ready for the rebel?"
Message 24 of 47 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

dragonkyn20 wrote:

In case you didn't know, not everyone is capable of having a job and paying 60 bucks to buy the game brand spankin' new. There are people with financial problems out there in the world.

Or they are just kids that have no money at all and are at the mercy of their parents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 25 of 47 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Actually here's a perfect example.

Enslaved had some Preorder DLC. It was actually some pretty nice DLC that altered appearance. However the company wasn't able to keep the game in the spotlight and it failed out. Now, that preorder bonus is never to be seen again.

I didn't know Enslaved was even out until it was like 20 bucks.

Math, do it.

Message 26 of 47 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Nice a few days ago I told my GameStop my code didn't work and got another. At first it would not work. I saw this and tried and now I got the vita costumes. After having a long day at school with a test and then finishing up a paper this and getting R&C FFA made my day.
Message 27 of 47 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 28, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Actually here's a perfect example.

Enslaved had some Preorder DLC. It was actually some pretty nice DLC that altered appearance. However the company wasn't able to keep the game in the spotlight and it failed out. Now, that preorder bonus is never to be seen again.

I didn't know Enslaved was even out until it was like 20 bucks.

Math, do it.

Thats just business, How is this a good example on what we are talking about? We got DLC characters being made and sony said its happy with the sales. I guess I'm not understanding you, This game isn't failing like enslaved so the DLC should make it.

Message 28 of 47 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I couldn't preorder this game because the little money I have, I decided to keep to buy presents for my family.

I shouldn't get the DLC that's on the disc because of that?

You sir, are an entitled **bleep**.

Message 29 of 47 (113 Views)
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 28, 2012

You sure can get the costumes! You will also be able to get the DLC characters for free when they first come out!

But now you have to wait for the costumes, Its as simple as that.

But if you want my opinion, They shouldn't make things just to withhold on a game to make extra money.

The gaming era has become corporate.

Message 30 of 47 (106 Views)
0 Likes