Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Re: ***Reduce Sackboy's level 1 and 2***

Dec 9, 2012

TwistedAvenger you always have great things to say and I've never disagreed with any of your posts on here, but as a fellow ratchet main I have to say that these guys do have a very good point in regards to sackboy. I am level 400+ with sackboy and have played much of that pre-patch, and have played about 4 hours today post patch, and can speak from experiance that sackboys nerf seems excessive. I was still able to beat beginners of course, as you and I could with any character, but when it comes to playing the experianced players the consensus is that Sackboy now feels inferior. His combos aren't connecting either when I play on my Vita post patch and what was previously a 125 ap combo is now a 95 ap combo, although I'll have to do some more testing with that tomorrow.

But yeah, I have 6 characters level 150+ and a level 900+ ratchet and I would confidently chose over my Sackboy post patch. Prior to the patch, Sackboy was in my top 3. I'd suggest instead of saying "I am 100% confident if I practice with him a bit I would do fine with him" that you either do this, and speak from experiance, or stay away from the heated arguments. I think this may be the point that the guys you're arguing with here are driving at. Either way, I miss the old sackboy. Back to Ratchet, Sly, and Toro for me Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 84 (148 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 9, 2012
Ok no offense chunky_shtew but no my point still stands. I don't have to speak from experience. I didn't play him often but I knew how his so gain generally was from playing him. Me playing him more does nothing to my point. My whole point was is I don't even use him and can do well with him do people who were "good" with him should have no problem. As I said I did fine with him and I don't use him my statement about with practice I would do better was basically dating I would win the majority of my matches with him. I admit I may have worded it weirdly but no matter as it stands now I can do pretty well with him and I barely use him I don't need to practice with him and gain experience with him as it does not strengthen or weaken my point at all.
Message 42 of 84 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 9, 2012
*from playing against him I knew how his ap gain was. Not from playing him.
Message 43 of 84 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 9, 2012

I agree the overkilled nurfing him 

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rh9wt/
Message 44 of 84 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Dec 9, 2012
You have to have skill. That is all

Message 45 of 84 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
810 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

Fact: TwA is a moron. 

Fact: Sackboy does not generate enough AP to compete with other characters (regardless of skill) 

Speculatory Fact (videos): Sackboy's AP gains were meant to be adequate not OPed with regards to reaching his previous 3 kill (max) level 3. (Cinematic equivalent) 

I cycle through many characters and it takes Sackboy way too long to reach level 1, in comparison, now and it's nearly impossible to reach level 3 in a 3 minute timed match- unless you're playing against really bad (non-oped) characters. His melee/attacks just don't compare to those of others- his attacks cannot interrupt other character combos- unless you use jelly, which leaves you open to attacks/combos- his attacks do not enable him to "juggle-" his attacks cannot attack more than 1 character at a time, unless you use his electric pad which can hit two characters but only generates 5 AP. 

*I have enough skill and experience with regards to Sackboy- and have only reached level 3 twice against non-oped characters- all the other times I missed the mark- made it up to level 2.25- 2.50- 2.75

Only people that think his nerf is great are people that have never played him or people that spam with kratos/raiden/radec/sly/female kratos/jak/Rachet/dante/cole/evil cole/hachi/drake-

Message 46 of 84 (121 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: ***Reduce Sackboy's level 1 and 2 AP Cost***

Dec 9, 2012
Wow you guys are idiots none of what you listed are facts, and Sackboy is fine. I'm done with this you guys are gonna continue to **bleep** no matter what, and Sackboy will be buffed again give iit a month. I don't think he needs it but it will happen. I feel bad for SuperBot it's people like all you guys **bleep** about a completely fine nerf that are always gonna make it a lose/lose situation and nothing they do will satisfy you ever.
Message 47 of 84 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 9, 2012
If it was a "completely fine nerf" they wouldn't need to buff him in a month. Moron.
Message 48 of 84 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 9, 2012
I never said they need to buff him in a month I said they will to shut people like you up. Learn how to read.
Message 49 of 84 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

His level 1 is pretty bad yea, but at least he can kill with it from a throw (2/3 of the time)- or an electric trap. Drop to 130 probably wouldn't be too rough. Level 2 isn't too bad, not sure what the AP is for it now but there are plenty of worse supers.

Nerf was fine. I actually thought it was going to be too minor... until I heard about the AP cost increase as well. The level 3 itself was the issue but if this works than whatevs.

Message 50 of 84 (72 Views)
0 Likes