Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: Recent Omar Kendall interview. Talks of nerfs and buffs

Jan 21, 2013

Ndukauba wrote:
As a Raiden main, I honestly have to say that you guys are being ridiculous... For starters, if any character needs a nerf, it's Kratos. Second, and SuperBot has said this plenty of times, the see EVERY match, every move used, every technique implemented. Don't you think that if the 3 characters that were going to get nerfed first (Kratos, Raiden and Drake) switched (Kratos, Drake and Sly), then Raiden is not as bad as you think. The main reason I believe people are mad at Raiden is becuase he has a great Level 1 as well as setups to go with them.

Raidens grab needs to be nerfed... he can grab and kill confirm or grab and do a combo. or infinite grab yu.. online is unavoidable... yes he needs to be nerfed.. just his grab

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 66 (234 Views)
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I was unsatisfied with this nerf honesty. Now all those Kratos, Drake, and Sly spammers are just going to switch to Raiden, and there will be even more of them, just like what happened when Sackboy was nerfed.

As for the buffs, I am more satisfied with them than the nerfs, but not completely. I really was hoping that Sir Dan and Jak would be buffed, but I guess not. If Jak was buffed then maybe people would use more moves of his other than just forward triangle and down circle. As for Sir Dan, those supers need a buff.
 photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 66 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jan 21, 2013

As a Spike main since Week 1, I can safely say that the only things that might be able to be buffed without breaking him are:

His Level 1 on its own, just make the startup slower. Don't make it a projectile or any of this other crap, just startup.

Slingback Shooter able to hold a charge

Magic Punch charge quicker

Pipotron G, in about any way

Hula Hoop should have something going for it.... maybe it can deflect projectiles? Have armor? Something?

I also hate that you can't do an AP burst without a long-charge move (green monkey radar, magic punch), a wall, or bananas, but I don't know how that would be fixed or if it should be considering his AP gain is already good...

As for Jak, his game is his mobility. He can stay out of most confirms/combo starters and just collect chip damage up to his supers, which by the way, aren't that bad. He doesn't need a buff that badly, but the Mass Inverter and Beam Reflexor are trash which hurts him.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 66 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

IMO (In MY - key word "my" opinion. - if you don't agree, okay, that's fine! This is just my opinion:smileyhappy:

Nerf:
Kratos
-Reduce chain grab length (or make him have to aim it while using right+ square. With default Square, reduce it.)
-Make him aim during his level 3, also reduce the level 3 time. Goes on way too long.
-Place delays in-between certain moves to reduce spamming

Raiden:
-Maybe put a little delays in there... in-between moves...
-Most importantly, stop the grab things and confirms...
-Reduce his level 1 length in some way...

Sackboy:
(I know I know... Just 1 complaint, if that's alright)
- Have the players (once killed already) spawn OUTSIDE bubbles.

Drake:
-Do I really have to say? Go online and check it out yourself LOL

Evil Cole MacGrath:
- Do something about his punch->super thing, please

Sly Cooper:
- It's very tough to play against Sly Spammers who use that teleport-attack-counter thing ALL the time. He also steals AP from others while attacking (which is fine - just minimize the possible AP gain from attacking? Playing Drake's Arcade Mode on All-Star, against Sly is hell.)
- I know he can turn invisible. I'm super-fine with that. Just find some way to make it so that he can't abuse his level one like most do online... (if you know what I mean invisible, then boom. - more complex than that; just too lazy to type...) Or, you can make the level 1 nerfed a bit in some way.

Buff:
Jak
- His AP gain (I don't use Jak, so I'm not being biased in any way)

Kat:
- I keep missing players with her level 3. I hit them sometimes, but it doesn't kill them. Her jaguar leap thing, I mean. Sometimes it doesn't kill others.

Spike:

- His level 1 and 2 supers need upping - however if they do that, they need to reduce his AP gain. Many say his high-ap-gain makes up for his first 2 supers. Therefore, if you up his first two supers, we'd expect a nerf in his ap-gain.

(I would put Sir Daniel Fortesque under "buff" but his high AP-gain makes up for it...)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 66 (210 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:

IMO (In MY - key word "my" opinion. - if you don't agree, okay, that's fine! This is just my opinion:smileyhappy:

Nerf:
Kratos
-Reduce chain grab length (or make him have to aim it while using right+ square. With default Square, reduce it.)
-Make him aim during his level 3, also reduce the level 3 time. Goes on way too long.
-Place delays in-between certain moves to reduce spamming

Raiden:
-Maybe put a little delays in there... in-between moves...
-Most importantly, stop the grab things and confirms...
-Reduce his level 1 length in some way...

Sackboy:
(I know I know... Just 1 complaint, if that's alright)
- Have the players (once killed already) spawn OUTSIDE bubbles.

Drake:
-Do I really have to say? Go online and check it out yourself LOL

Evil Cole MacGrath:
- Do something about his punch->super thing, please

Sly Cooper:
- It's very tough to play against Sly Spammers who use that teleport-attack-counter thing ALL the time. He also steals AP from others while attacking (which is fine - just minimize the possible AP gain from attacking? Playing Drake's Arcade Mode on All-Star, against Sly is hell.)
- I know he can turn invisible. I'm super-fine with that. Just find some way to make it so that he can't abuse his level one like most do online... (if you know what I mean invisible, then boom. - more complex than that; just too lazy to type...) Or, you can make the level 1 nerfed a bit in some way.

Buff:
Jak
- His AP gain (I don't use Jak, so I'm not being biased in any way)

Kat:
- I keep missing players with her level 3. I hit them sometimes, but it doesn't kill them. Her jaguar leap thing, I mean. Sometimes it doesn't kill others.

Spike:

- His level 1 and 2 supers need upping - however if they do that, they need to reduce his AP gain. Many say his high-ap-gain makes up for his first 2 supers. Therefore, if you up his first two supers, we'd expect a nerf in his ap-gain.

(I would put Sir Daniel Fortesque under "buff" but his high AP-gain makes up for it...)

You have kat?

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 66 (195 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Drake doesn't need a nerf in any area period, and yes this includes his barrel if you can't dodge it your an idiot and deserve for it to hit you. I'm disgusted with SuperBot for nerfing him it's retarded.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 66 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 21, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Drake doesn't need a nerf in any area period, and yes this includes his barrel if you can't dodge it your an idiot and deserve for it to hit you. I'm disgusted with SuperBot for nerfing him it's retarded.

Woaah, that's a rude comment.

Also, yes. He really does need a nerf. Most agree on that front. Mostly move-delays though...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 66 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 21, 2013
No he doesn't need a nerf and yeah I admit its rude, I try not to be but it's ridiculous and all of what I said is true the barrel is not hard to dodge. Also no most are against his nerf look back at just about any thread that brought it up the majority is definitely against it because he just doesn't need it.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 66 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

You know what else is funny I love how all the people who say he needs it jumped on the bandwagon after SuperBot said it almost no one complained about it before hand like they did with Sackboy.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 66 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 21, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
You know what else is funny I live how all the people who say he needs it jumped on the bandwagon after SuperBot said it almost no one complained about it before hand like they did with Sackboy.

Uh, many started complaining after the Drakes began spamming online; where have you been...?

Same thing with Sackboy- many were complaining about him

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 66 (139 Views)
0 Likes