Sackboy
503 posts

Re: Reasons why many of us did not want Zeus at all.

Feb 27, 2013
Zeus has been involved with this game since early development. They already had the rights to him. Only 4 characters have been announced. Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch
Message 41 of 52 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Feb 27, 2013

A second rep was not needed and they could've gave that spot to a first party franchise that has yet to get a rep. First parties roster wise they were doing a great job a side from having two coles and now they do this? I have a bad feeling they are going to add other secondary characters and just ignore their other first parties that has zero rep.

Message 42 of 52 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Okay, I can understand the frustration with Zeus, but this point right here is 100% BS

If SuperBot announced that Solid Snake was coming to PSASBR as DLC, nobody would stand behind the "One character per IP" rule.

You're frustrated because Zeus is kind of a niche character that nobody really wanted. Okay, that's understandable. But don't be hypocritical.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i'm fairly sure that SNAKE is considered an actual Play Station All-Star. Being always ranked in the top 5 most popular videogame characters in Japan for example (not sure how high he is on the west, but I bet still very popular).

So I'm not sure we can pit Zeus and Snake in the same context. Though you do make a point on the "one character per IP" stance. I for once prefer that. It was one of the reasons which lured me to this game (despite me knowing next to nothing about Sony, its IPS or characters)

Message 43 of 52 (166 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 27, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

LJPvonzity wrote:

#2 We didn't want another character from an exsiting series (ignoring the Cole thing). I think the one character per IP thing was ok since Playstation has over thousands to choose from by filling up their roster spots.

Okay, I can understand the frustration with Zeus, but this point right here is 100% BS

If SuperBot announced that Solid Snake was coming to PSASBR as DLC, nobody would stand behind the "One character per IP" rule.

You're frustrated because Zeus is kind of a niche character that nobody really wanted. Okay, that's understandable. But don't be hypocritical.

Snake would be acceptable because he defines MGS and is the character you play throughout the entire series and has always been more valued than raiden for PSASBR. Not to mention is one of the most Iconic characters in gaming history. 

Snake would have been the only acceptable 2nd rep. Zeus? Not a chance

Message 44 of 52 (157 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I guess if you're fine with zeus you would be fine with Naruto

Message 45 of 52 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 27, 2013
I hope the rest of the characters are all gow reps so the forum rages =P

Message 46 of 52 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Actually mgs and mgr are two different ips aren't they mgr platinum games mgs soley konami plus snake isn't in mgr unless you count the blade with his voice
Message 47 of 52 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Feb 27, 2013
I think Snake will eventually make it in at this point.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 48 of 52 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 27, 2013

People don't want Zeus because they are super annoyed at kratos for being way too OP still.

I think if Kratos was more balanced and complex to use (not square square square all the dam time) then people would be more open to zeus, but kratos is too spammy and is very annoying to see online. as a result anything having to do with him is annoying. 

HIS CHAINS SHOULD ONLY GRAB YOU WHEN YOU'RE IN FRONT OF HIM NOT THAT HOMING CRAP

Message 49 of 52 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Tmix1600 wrote:
Actually mgs and mgr are two different ips aren't they mgr platinum games mgs soley konami plus snake isn't in mgr unless you count the blade with his voice

Wrong, MGS and MGR are both part of the same franchise. Kojima Productions still worked on Rising, in fact they made the original version until they admitted it was lousy and requested help from a developer more experienced with hack-n-slash games (ie. Platinum) to make it a more polished work.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 50 of 52 (60 Views)
0 Likes