Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 10 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts
Accepted Solution

Reasons to be happy for only 20 characters

[ Edited ]
8 replies 265 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

3: personalized playtyles: I love metal gear solid. Sneaking around, taking out enemies, and using the right weapons was great so needless to say when I got my hands on smash bros brawl I thought it'd be magic. My second favorite fighting game (Tekken)  with my 3rd favorite charecter (right behind, Isaac clarke, and the alpha big daddy, I have a thing for cool armor)?What could fit better? Well it didn't fit. Playing as snake in smash bros was like playing as kirby in smash bros, or playing as mario in smash bros. What am I trying to say? It didn't feel like playing as snake!!!! it felt like I was playing as a smash bros charecter just like playing as samus is nothing like playing metroid or playing as donkey kong felt nothing like playing donkey kong. It hurt being seperated from my favorite charecter by his moveset btu it won't anymore. If there is any consistant fact in reviews it's that playing as each charecter feels like playing as the charecter in their own game. Using the right stick to slash as you would in revengeance. snagging prize bubbles for points as you would in LBP, or wave dashing under attacks as you would in tekken. Each charcter is personally customized so that if you liked playing their game you'll like playing as them here and that attention to detail I would much preffer over a butt load of generic shoe horned charecters Used only for nostalgia. So you tell me do you want a fighting game for the fans or a mueseum for long dead charecters?

2:Classics Galore: What do parrapa, Sir dan, Spike, and Nariko have in common? We all thought we'd never see them again!!! these are Ips literaly brought back from the dead!! sure your first pick may have been crash but think of how unlikely it would be for anyone to see these charecters again. So yeah we have had alot of memories with crash and his inclusion in the game might not work out but sony went and dug out some of your favorite memories simply because they'reyour favorite memories. .

1: Ken levine: Big daddy alone is a catch worth writing home about. It's a catch worth personaly visiting home personaly narrating to your own parents about. Bioshock is considered by some to be the best game of all time and by others beyond legendary. This is because of legendary writer Ken levine. Now when I say he's legendary you may think I'm over stating him but I'm not. This guy is the midas of story telling and every story he has told has turned to gold. Both system shock and thief had some of the biggest twist of video game history and bioshock uis #1. So even if you don't care for the slow but powerful moveset of Big daddy just imagine the masterful story written by none other the Ken levine and be proud that Irrational has shunned other consoles (kinda) and claimed itself as a sony all star. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (265 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Re: Reasons to be happy for only 20 characters

Oct 10, 2012
Point 1 doesn't make sense. Snake only plays like that in brawl, but like you said in this game the characters okay like their games. So then...wouldn't that mean snake would play like in Metal Gear if he was in this game?

There are no benefits to only 20 characters.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Some forgotten characters can get good moveset. Some might be even better than what we have right now. It doesn't matter if they are dead all it matters is how much creativity a developer puts on that specific character that would make them a good combatant.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Oct 10, 2012

People defending the 20 character roster are just trying to cover up their disapointment.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Not true at all, some people aren't selfish brats believe it or not and appreciate the roster how it is and how much time SuperBot put into each character.

I really like your first time point, it's totally true. The first time i played Kratos, I felt like i was playing god of war!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

People defending the 20 character roster are just trying to cover up their disapointment.

Only if you set yourself up for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 10, 2012
There aren't reasons to be "happy" about 20 characters. That's not something you should be happy about. What you gave are reasons that 20 characters isn't all that bad a thing, really.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 10, 2012

There's only one reason why a smaller roster is better. Balance.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 10, 2012

barker09 wrote:

There's only one reason why a smaller roster is better. Balance.

quality too. quality over quantity. always.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (111 Views)
0 Likes