Sep 22 2012
By: Dispy657 Hekseville Citizen 320 posts

Reason for no TGS reveal yet

[ Edited ]
14 replies 1247 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

I think there will be character announcements, Omar said so during the Gamescom panel, the TGS panel was a let down, it was basically Japanese commented gameplay, but im okay with that, they need to show it to the Japanese crowd, what better way than a giant Toro on stage, Kudos on that one. I think the character reveal will be the last day of TGS, the reason? With all other conventions they've been to they would start off by showing the new characters, then the people attending would be able to play these new character in the All Stars booth, I think this time around they didn't have the time to make a build with the new characters, so what they did instead was, show up with the lastest build, make a show that fit Japan, announce new characters when basically everything is over and skip the "play these characters in the Sony booth now" so I think we'll get them basically when TGS is over, or on the last day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 1 of 15 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Re: Reason for no TGS reveal yet

Sep 22, 2012

Dispy657 wrote:

I think there will be character announcements, Omar said so during the Gamescom panel, the TGS panel was a let down, it was basically Japanese commented gameplay, but im okay with that, they need to show it to the Japanese crowd, what better way than a giant Toro on stage, Kudos on that one. I think the character reveal will be the last day of TGS, the reason? With all other conventions they've been to they would start off by showing the new characters, then the people attending would be able to play these new character in the All Stars booth, I think this time around they didn't have the time to make a build with the new characters, so what they did instead was, show up with the lastest build, make a show that fit Japan, announce new characters when basically everything is over and skip the "play these characters in the Sony booth now" so I think we'll get them basically when TGS is over, or on the last day.

So like SDCC.

Yeah, I do still believe that the three stages aren't the only reveals. And if for some strange reason they are, then hey! Three stages revealed!

Message 2 of 15 (1,128 Views)
Wastelander
677 posts

Sep 22, 2012
I agree
Message 3 of 15 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Sep 22, 2012

hw wont have any char reveal at tgs they have no way to reveal chars now how would they do it putting it on the ps booth sounds bad also the trailer i tough it will be the final trailer for the game since it shows all the 14 stages and almost all the chars

Message 4 of 15 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Sep 22, 2012
I am just hoping for something as far as Overall Roster Size or plans on the remaining fighters or something..
Message 5 of 15 (970 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Sep 22, 2012
good theory Smiley Happy I hope so too Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 15 (928 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Sep 22, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

hw wont have any char reveal at tgs they have no way to reveal chars now how would they do it putting it on the ps booth sounds bad also the trailer i tough it will be the final trailer for the game since it shows all the 14 stages and almost all the chars

It shows 11 stages. The last three leaks ones still haven't been officially announced.

Message 7 of 15 (863 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Prent62 wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

It shows 11 stages. The last three leaks ones still haven't been officially announced.

That's true, I still hope theres more stages (like training stage, etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 8 of 15 (733 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Plus Paul Gale, who is a credible source, confirmed that there are 22+ characters overall in the game. Only 20 have been officially confirmed thus far, which means more are coming. Rather the remaining characters are on the disc or DLC is the question, though. If they're on the disc then expect more reveals at some point, if not at TGS then perhaps NYCC. And if said characters are DLC then I assume Superbot most likely will talk about it at their upcoming panel tonight. Maybe there's a day 1 DLC character pack, whatever the case may be I do hope more characters join the battle and I hope they do reveal at least 2 new characters tonight. I really want 4 to be revealed, but I'll settle for 2. Besides characters, though, I hope Superbot finally elaborates on the story mode, what can we expect?, who are rivals and why?, what are the cinematics like?, etc.
Message 9 of 15 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 22, 2012
If there are 22 characters they would not reveal the last 2. The game doesn't come out for 2 months! They have no reason to do the reveals now, because the hype level would just slowly die until the game comes out.

Message 10 of 15 (504 Views)
0 Likes