Splicer
52 posts

Re: Realistic ideas for DLC characters

Dec 21, 2012
Well, if we get the King or Prince it would be a good thing. I would still rather have the Prince, personally.

Having a rainbow-headed freak in tights rolling a ball around while beating up Kratos and Sweet Tooth would be kind of funny though.
Message 51 of 61 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 8, 2013

oh yeah...forgot to mention Sora..lol

Message 52 of 61 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Why is no one ever realistic when they claim they're being realistic on DLC choices?

Here's realistic: you're most likely to see one character per publisher and within that scope you'll most likely see whichever franchise has sold the best on a PlayStation system, and even then SuperBot will most likely choose a character who can bring something interesting to the roster (they won't develop a character for the sake of having them). Finally, you're most likely to only see publishers with at least some history with PlayStation.

People tend to cite Big Daddy as an example of why anyone should be fair-game. Analyze that for a moment: Big Daddy is owned by Take-Two Interactive, one of the most important publishers in PlayStation history on GTA alone. Frankly, as much as Take-Two deserves to be repped somewhere, they lack many characters with the same combat-potential as Big Daddy.

If go by those distinctions which SuperBot has been following to a tee, the list of realistic possibilities shrinks considerably. At most the only "worthy" publishers left are Square Enix and Activision/Blizzard by virtue of of Crash and Spyro. In other words, types like Lara Croft are basically disqualified in the face of better-selling or more note-worthy franchises from the same publisher, like Final Fantasy.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 53 of 61 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Both are 1st party

Rudy Roughknight- Wild Arms(Huge jrpg series in Japan lasted from the psone up to the ps2 and psp with 7 installments)

Max and Monica(duo)  -Dark Cloud (huge ps2 jrpg games that are classics in the ps2 early days, also Level 5 makes exclusive jrpgs for Sony)

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 54 of 61 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Vampire Cole from inFamous: Festival Of Blood

Although there is already two coles, they do have a variety of different movesets and a third one would not disapoint.
Message 55 of 61 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jan 9, 2013

ZekeDunbar007 wrote:
Vampire Cole from inFamous: Festival Of Blood

Although there is already two coles, they do have a variety of different movesets and a third one would not disapoint.

i would love this ^^ but there would be too much hate if this happens..

my top wish characters are:

Kazuma Kiryu (the whole yakuza series is exclusive and huge in japan)

Sora

Tomba (classic character)

and characters from same ips: Zeus, Elena, Old Snake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 61 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Yeah i see ur point...sadly theres peoPle who dont like having two coles
Message 57 of 61 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Even though Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the main mascots of MK, a lot of their moves are already given to the characters already in. Parappa and Toro even have the grab moves named similar to Scorpion's spear. Kitana would have a more original moveset but she's not anywhere close to being the poster child and her outfit is too M rated.

I'm also one of the people that don't like 2 Coles. They should've had 1 Cole and given him a unique move on the unused L3 button where he can karma switch between good and evil.

#TogetherToros
Message 58 of 61 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I still want a Disgaea rep real bad, but having another Kojima rep like Big Boss or Pyramid Head excites my loins with equal fervor.

"ULAKSKEEL"
Message 59 of 61 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Connor.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 60 of 61 (62 Views)
0 Likes