Highlighted
Dec 15 2012
By: mtjjrstccw1 Treasure Hunter 5383 posts

Raziel (Legacy of Kain) Moveset! *Requested by Scythe*

[ Edited ]
52 replies 1170 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

Reasons To Be In PSAS: His games were mostly on PlayStation and felt more like PlayStation games, plus it was a great franchise in general. He also is an important part of PlayStation history as his games did thing things that were amazing at its time, with great story telling, and deep themes within it that it covered. It was also one of the first games that was made so adults would have a game to play, as it had gameplay that demanded thought as well as reflexes.

Square:

Neutral Square: Quick slash combo with his claws. Average AP.

Side Square: Lunges forward in an arc, where he lands on opponent and grabs them, rolls, then tosses them at the end of his roll. Weak AP.

Up Square: Does a vertical whirlwind spin attack (similar to Spike's Up Square) that lifts him off the ground, smacking the opponent away with his Wraith Blade. Weak AP.

Down Square: He does a fast slam on the ground with his Wraith Blade that stuns opponents. Weak AP.

Square (held): His blade arm appears, hold again to go back to regular arm.

Square (after Square has been held to have blade arm): Does an arm blade slash combo

Side Square (after Square is held to have blade arm): he thrusts forward with his sword, stabbing into an enemy, and as the enemy is stabbed, their soul comes out the back of their body, as he pulls sword out their soul goes back in their body and the enemy crumbles to the floor.

Triangle:

Neutral Triangle: He points his blade upward as it turns into its Light Form, the blade becoming so bright, it blinds any opponent at least 8ft away from Raziel, stunning the for a short while. Weak AP.

Side Triangle: He points his blade forward as it becomes its Air Form, shooting out a blast of air that sends opponents flying diagonally upward. The air reaches a length of 8ft. Weak AP.

Up Triangle: He points his blade upward as it becomes its Fire Form, shooting a fireball out that tracks down and follows 1 character. 1 can be out at a time. Stays around for 30 seconds. Slow moving. Average AP.

Down Triangle: He stabs the ground with his blade as it becomes its Dark Form, darkness then covering ALL ground on a level, and any character that touches the darkness has their controls messed up for 20 seconds. Slow startup. Average AP. 

Circle:

Neutral Circle: He pushes his arms forward, and any character 5ft max away from him gets telekinetically grabbed and lifted up, and Raziel is able to walk while he has the opponent in his grasp. Slowly drains AP from opponent and gives it to Raziel. After 10 seconds of this move he tosses the opponent away, or if player presses circle again before time runs out, he can toss them into another opponent and get bonus AP, but this only works if you do it before time runs out. Really Weak AP drain.

Side Circle: He does a punch forward and any character 5ft max away from him gets telekinetically punched in the gut, causing them to hunch forward, then Raziel trips them with telekineses, making them fall forward where he runs up and kicks their face before they land, making the opponent knock back. Weak AP.

Up Circle: Does a lift motion with his hand and any character 5ft max away from him is lifted up by telekinesis, him pulling them towards him and kicking them away, them flying diagonally upwards. Average AP.

Down Circle: He does a stomp and any character 5 ft max away from him is knocked into the air where Raziel grabs them with telekinesis and slams them on the opposite side of him. Weak AP.

Side Circle (after Square is held): he punches enemy in gut with Telekinesis, as they hunch forward, he pulls them closer and slashes upward with blade arm, making enemy fly backwards.

Down circle (after Square is held): he does a stomp that knocks enemy into air, then grabs em with Telekinesis, pulls em closer and slashes em with blade arm, then slams em into the ground.

Up circle (after Square is held): he lifts opponent into the air, and pulls them closer fast, thrusting arm blade into opponent making em fly backwards.

Supers:

Lvl 1: Raziel lunges forward and grabs an opponent, the Lake of the Dead materialising in front of him, and he tosses them in, killing them. Any character that touches the Lake is also killed. Lunge is Very short distance.

Lvl 2: Raziel lunges forward and grabs an opponent, he then takes away one of their main weapons, killing them with it, then the player has to use the weapon he stole to kill all other opponents before time runs out.

Lvl 3: He uses the Soul Reaver to steal all the souls of his opponents, killing them instantly. This gets max 3 kills.

Air Moves:

Neutral Square: Same as on the ground. Weak AP.

Side Square: He dashes down diagonally, latches onto an opponent, does a flip above them and then kicks them from behind as he lands. Weak AP.

Up Square: Similar to his ground version but he does 2 quick whirl spins instead of 1, knocking an opponent higher into the air as well as this move bringing Raziel higher up as well so he can follow up with more attacks. Weak AP.

Down Square: He slowly descends to the ground with his Wraith Blade about to slam it down. The player can either make him slash in the air, which swing and hit any character under Raziel as well as in front of him, or they can charge it so once they let go he will drop to the ground and do a powerful slam with his Wraith Blade, causing a big blue shockwave that crumbles opponents to the floor. Average AP.

Neutral Square (if arm blade is out): Same as on ground. Weak AP.

Side Square (if arm blade is out): He dashes diagonally downward and latches onto an opponent, stabbing them in the chest then pushing off their body with his legs, which knocks them backwards. Weak AP.

Neutral Triangle: His Wraith Blade becomes Light Form and he shines a blast of light forward (which can reach across the whole map if Raziel is at the end of the map) that disorients opponents for 10 secs. This attack has slow start up. Average AP.

Side Triangle: His Wraith Blade becomes Air Form and he does a quick slash forward, if it hits an opponent they start spinning around and ascending into the air as a small tornado appears under them, throwing them a far distance (the direction they fly is random). Weak AP.

Up Triangle: His Wraith Blade becomes the Fire Form and he shoots a blast of fire upwards as he moves it back and forth in a 45 degree angle for both sides he shoots on. Average AP.

Down Triangle: His Wraith Blade becomes the Dark Form and he does a slow startup grab forward, if it connects to an opponent, then he stabs them with the Blade and there controls are messed up for 30 seconds. Weak AP.

Neutral Circle: He grabs opponent 5ft max. away from him with Telekinesis and throws them to the opposite side of him, the opponent being tossed all the way across the map. Average AP.

Side Circle: He uses Telekinesis to float as he brings opponent 5ft max. away from him towards him with Telekinesis, the then proceeds to punch them in the gut several times before forcing both his fists into them and making them go flying. Weak AP.

Up Circle: He grabs opponent 5ft max. away from him with Telekinesis and brings them directly under him as he ascends, he then drops down to them and starts kicking at them as they both descend to the ground, once they hit the ground, he stomps on their face and flips off of their body. Weak AP.

Down Circle: He grabs opponent 5ft max. away from him with Telekinesis and he tosses them to the ground (directly under him) their body pops up into the air as he uses his wings to fly upward and then come crashing down into the opponent just before their body hits the ground again, then he flips off. Weak AP.

Side Circle (when arm blade is out): He grabs opponent 5ft max. from him with Telekinesis, and floats them towards him with Telekinesis...He then stabs them in the gut with his arm blade and absorbs some of their soul...which drains their AP from them and gives it to him. Slow startup. Weak AP gain from the soul absorbtion.

Down Circle (when arm blade is out): Similar to the air version with out arm blade, but when he flies down and slams into their body at the end, he stabs them with the blade, then flips of their body.

Up Circle (when arm blade is out): He grabs opponent 5ft max. from him and brings them high above him...He then drops them and they fall directly on his arm blade (which he had pointing upwards) then he tosses them away (him doing all of this while making himself float using Telekinesis).

Special Properties:

*If you hold X against a wall, then press up, he will climb the wall.

*If you hold X while in the air, he will glide down with his wings.

*The more kills he gets, the higher his AP gain increases by.

Combos:

*Neutral Square can connect to Up Square which can connect to Air Down Square.

*Up Square can connect with Air Up Square.

*Up Square can connect with Air Neutral Square combo which can combo into Air Down Square.

Alt Skin: 

Grabs:

Up: He lifts opponent up in the air with his hand, then shoves his hand into their chest, pulls out AP then tosses them away.

Side: He holds them in place with Telekinesis and punches them in the stomach twice, then kicks them in the stomach and then in the face, as soon as he hits the face, the opponent is knocked diagonally upwards.

Down: He does a flip, hooking his legs on the opponent and pulling them with him, as he finishes the flip and lands with the opponent under him, then he takes his Wraith Blade and slashes at the downed opponent, then flips off of their body.

Intro: He shifts from the Spectral Realm to the Material Realm, so basically the air starts to move around (similar to when you touch a puddle of water and it starts to cause waves and stuff around the spot touched) and he appears out of it like he does in the Soul Reaver games, and gets a fight pose.

Winning Stats Screen: He does the pose in the pic I supplied for this moveset above.

Losing Stats Screen: He kneels down with his hands in the Air, defeated.

Winning Outro: He does that thing in his game where he kills an enemy then absorbs their soul, glowing blue, by basically absorbing all characters he fought in the match's souls and then glowing blue.

Losing Outro: His soul is absorbed into the Soul Reaver as the sword just sits there stuck into the ground, standing up.

Minion: Moebius.

Rival: Pyramid Head since both their games have to do with themes of symbolism and stuff...and both of their games have to do with dimensions or realms....plus Pyramid Head might go after Raziel for what he has done in his past (so that Raziel can learn to accept his destiny) which is what the point of Silent Hill is...And Raziel has taken on many tough creatures before so He can go take on Pyramid Head thinking that Kain sent him to get rid of Raziel...Both are strong, both have their own blade weapons they use to kill people.

Taunt: A vampire appears behind Raziel to attack him. Raziel grabs them from behind and flips them in front of him, he then takes his blade arm and stabs it, the vampire disappearing as Raziel absorbs its soul.

Theme Music: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 Pillars theme, Soul Reaver main theme, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 Ariels Lament theme.

Icons: Raziel head, Kain head, One of the enemies Raziel fights's head, Moebius Head, The Soul Reaver, a Soul.

Backgrounds: Background of the Abyss, Background of this: ,

Background of the Lighthouse, Background of the Swamp, Background of the Underworld, Lake of the Dead Background.

Stage Idea: 

Soul Reaver X DmC Stage:

It starts in the Lake of the Dead location where Kain appears phasing out of the ground in the background, then suddenly more vampires join him as he points towards the players occasionally, one of the vampires jumping to somewhere and attacking the players (it can be from the side of a map, a vampire descending from above and attacking, phasing out of the ground, etc.

All of a sudden the stage goes into the change into the Spectral Realm, but instead of the Spectral Realm, DmC mashup comes in...The entire location starts to crack into huge chunks that start floating (the players now having to fight on these platforms scattered around floating).

The vampires and Kain are suprised by this and are brought into the air by the floating chunks...suddenly the DmC demons come in and start fighting the vampires, a DmC boss comes as well and challengers Kain who accepts...Kain and the DmC boss then start fighting, jumping from floating chunk platform to floating chunk platform.

Occasionally 2 floating chunks will collide with eachother (sometimes the 2 that Kain and the DmC boss are standing on causing them to jump onto other floating chunks, which can be upside down so they will fight upside down as well!)...The debree from these floating chunks flying at the chunks the players are standing on, the chunk that the debree hits exploding once struck...making less chunks for the players to stand on (more will come eventually)...if a player is hit with the chunk they are teleported to the middle of the level dazed and will have lost AP.

the Lake of the Dead's water (now red) will now start to float as well and whip at the players from the side of the screen, any players hit will have their controls messed up for a short while.

Eventually the level will revert back to the Material Realm...the floating chunks falling and recreating the location...Kain's vampires winning and taking away the Demon bodies.

Dodge: He flyes forward, phasing through the projectile or opponent (just like how he can do this in his games)...This doesn't effect the opponent, it is there just to look cool, like you actually see him phase through the opponents body instead of just rolling past them.

Item: Soul Reaver...It is an epic item...it drains a persons AP and is able to emit an attack of varying power depending on which level super you have...short range blast for draining a level 1, an attack similar to evil coles level 2 if the item drains your level 2, and an attack where it shoots out large energy balls (similar to clanks time orbs for Ratchets level 2) out of it if a level 3 is drained by the sword.

My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 1 of 53 (1,170 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Raziel (Legacy of Kain) Moveset! *Requested by Scythe*

Dec 15, 2012

i am the protector of this realm, the guardian angel of the forum, and i shall not be struck down! I shall bump this thread in the name of justice!

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 2 of 53 (1,157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Lvl 2 I made...i got it from something I remembered doing in Soul Reaver demo...ah such fond memories of that demo...

My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 3 of 53 (1,141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Why no one comment?
Message 4 of 53 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Dec 15, 2012
i dont know anything about this character but his (TO ME) is too stun oriented and too enemy control focused. ANd what i mean by that is he have always either grabbed or control by raziel.
ps allstar  sig

farts.... excuse me.. *farts louder
Message 5 of 53 (1,123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Dec 15, 2012
^I made it this way because all his attacks give little AP, so this makes up for that fact...think about it though...hes a vampire, so controlling people makes sense...hes gonna have more combos, i still need Air attacks, so just wait till that's done before deciding if hes TOO *X* oriented
Message 6 of 53 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Dec 15, 2012
plus he only has 2 stuns and 2 moves that mess up opponents, so how is it too stun oriented? enemy control oriented makes sense for him since he did that in his game
Message 7 of 53 (1,116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

if you ask me, he needs a few more stun moves

Message 8 of 53 (1,114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Dec 15, 2012
well like i said i dont know about him or his game so. i dont know it just looks like his standing around.how long are the animations for pointing or lifting his to do his moves. seems like he has to be stationary and u do know things that either move slowly or dont move get WHOOPED ASSS
ps allstar  sig

farts.... excuse me.. *farts louder
Message 9 of 53 (1,109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Dec 15, 2012
his square moves are fast, up triangle is fast startup, down triangle slow startup, side triangle fast startup, neutral triangle average startup, neutral circle and side circle are fast startup, down circle and up circle are average startup. his attacks are mostly average speed, his walking speed will be above average...all these attacks are weak though...its only after he gets kills that his attacks get stronger and gain more AP
Message 10 of 53 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes