Highlighted
Jan 06 2013
By: PinaChronic Wastelander 637 posts

Ratchet or Jak

7 replies 175 views Edited Jan 6, 2013
Hey guys,

Now that I have gotten to 999 with sir Dan and can get 90 to 155 to any day of the week, I want to try out a new character. I was thinking either ratchet or jak. Could I have some input on who is better? I would love to see hit confirms of both so I can test them out to see which one I like better.

Thanks!
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 1 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: Ratchet or Jak

Jan 6, 2013

theya re both good characters but overall It depends on what you are looking for. Jak has great mobility but ratchet has overall better supers. Jak can kill confirm his level 1 after a down+circle at a wall and ratchet can just grab throw someone into a wall for a level 1 kill. Ratchet can also spam grab if you ever run into an enemy spammer such as kratos who is going for their level 3 (he can kiss his ap goodbye) Ratchet has an ap burst combo that gives him his level 1 and it does not involve wall bounces. Both can break blocks if I am not mistaken. Jak is great at getting away and run n' gunning. Overall I would say ratchet is a better choice because of how easy it is to get 2+ kills i free for all when people are not paying attention with his level 1 and because his kill confirm is so much easier.

Message 2 of 8 (165 Views)
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013

rollingfast wrote:

theya re both good characters but overall It depends on what you are looking for. Jak has great mobility but ratchet has overall better supers. Jak can kill confirm his level 1 after a down+circle at a wall and ratchet can just grab throw someone into a wall for a level 1 kill. Ratchet can also spam grab if you ever run into an enemy spammer such as kratos who is going for their level 3 (he can kiss his ap goodbye) Ratchet has an ap burst combo that gives him his level 1 and it does not involve wall bounces. Both can break blocks if I am not mistaken. Jak is great at getting away and run n' gunning. Overall I would say ratchet is a better choice because of how easy it is to get 2+ kills i free for all when people are not paying attention with his level 1 and because his kill confirm is so much easier.

Cool. Any kill confirms on Ratchet or ap combos?

Photobucket
Message 3 of 8 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 6, 2013

ratchet you just grab which sucks them in, throw them into a wall and at the right distance they cannot go anywhere because rolling towards you they will still get caught and the other way is blocked by a wall. his ap burst combo is side+circle-side+square-side+square(again)-up+square-up+triangle

Message 4 of 8 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Erm, he already said the kill confirm one.
Another one is to use the Agents of Doom (side circle) then use the level 1 as soon as the first one hits someone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 5 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 6, 2013
You can also do a setup with either his uncharged Sonic Eruptor or Wrench throw, neither of which are a straight-up confirm (in reality, you shouldn't play either Jak or Ratchet if you're looking for confirms, because they have few). In terms of combos, Jak has very few effective ones that I've seen; he's more of a character that can string together attacks but cannot legitimately combo that well. Ratchet has some, but not many. Both are very good if you learn them correctly, though.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Well, just tried him out. Got completely dominated by Raiden's new combo:

SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, ULT, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, ULT, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, SQ, AND LEVEL3.

Guess I know who I should be maining next.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 8 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jan 6, 2013
WHAT IS YOUR NOTATION?!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 8 of 8 (124 Views)