Dec 13 2012
By: Perilion First Son 1 posts

Ratchet exploit that needs looking at.

18 replies 583 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

Hi everyone,

I was playing  with a friend and we kept getting match made with the same guy playing Ratchet, he was an average player overall, decent with Ratchet but the issue is with an exploit he kept using with his Level 1 Ulti.

If Ratchet uses his grab ability to suck the player into his gun, then walk over to a wall, he can fire the player and trap them between the wall and his ulti resulting in a 100% chance of death. 

This may read like this guy just had me beat but, its pretty hard not to get caught in the cone of his grab attack if you are playing a mele character, its near impossible with Raiden for example who has no ranged abilities. We played him 3 or 4 times and each time he used this and got multiple kills.

It just strikes me as totally unballanced and more of an exploit than just good tactics as it isn't exactly a difficult to pull off. I dont know if this is the best place to register a complaint / concern so if anyone knows where is best I'll happily repost it somewhere else.

Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

Perilion.

Message 1 of 19 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Re: Ratchet exploit that needs looking at.

Dec 13, 2012

It sucks (pun intended) but I believe it is his only, or almost his only way to combo into that LVL1.  At the very least most if not ALL (although some have admittedly not been found yet if they have them) characters have combos into their LVL1.

Come watch competitive and casual PSASBR play:
http://twitch.tv/hotboxgaming
Message 2 of 19 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Dec 13, 2012
A Raiden player complaining about cheap Lvl 1 setups? Now I've heard everything
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 3 of 19 (562 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Are you the guy I bet with ratchet by using the suck cannon then the level 1?
Message 4 of 19 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 13, 2012
The vacuum cannot be cancelled. Once the player starts using it, he must remain "sucking" until the animation ends. I'm not sure exactly how long it lasts, but it is definitely quite some time. This is the time to strike from behind, or shoot if you have ranged abilities. If you notice they have level 1, expect the grab coming and do your best to bait it out and punish.

I suggest trying Ratchet for yourself in practice mode and getting used to how long the grab animation lasts.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 5 of 19 (529 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 13, 2012

I can't wait to try this. Ratchet is fun to play as.

Message 6 of 19 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 13, 2012
This is not a problem his suck cannon is not hard to avoid. If it happened multiple times that's all you.
Message 7 of 19 (510 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Are you kidding me TC? More than half of the cast can combo into their level 1. Some can do it easily and they have multiple setups. This is Ratchet's ONLY one. He has it harder than the most of the characters with lvl 1 setups. People who are paying attention aren't exactly easy to get sucked in, and if you miss then BAM! They get a free kill opportunity. **bleep** makes this so different from the other characters super combos??? 

How people complain about this over other level 1 setups is beyond me....

Message 8 of 19 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Perilion wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was playing  with a friend and we kept getting match made with the same guy playing Ratchet, he was an average player overall, decent with Ratchet but the issue is with an exploit he kept using with his Level 1 Ulti.

If Ratchet uses his grab ability to suck the player into his gun, then walk over to a wall, he can fire the player and trap them between the wall and his ulti resulting in a 100% chance of death. 

This may read like this guy just had me beat but, its pretty hard not to get caught in the cone of his grab attack if you are playing a mele character, its near impossible with Raiden for example who has no ranged abilities. We played him 3 or 4 times and each time he used this and got multiple kills.

It just strikes me as totally unballanced and more of an exploit than just good tactics as it isn't exactly a difficult to pull off. I dont know if this is the best place to register a complaint / concern so if anyone knows where is best I'll happily repost it somewhere else.

Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

Perilion.

1) this is not an exploit

2) it is not unbalanced

3)there are many "resulting in 100% chance of death" attacks in this game, and raiden has the most ways to combo into his level one. I really dont think 

4) easy difficulty to pull off does not make it cheating, unfair, or not 'good tactics'. doing such is called a good tactic.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 9 of 19 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Wait, can't you delay the "getting up" phase though? By holding L1?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 10 of 19 (425 Views)