Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012
Wait, did you just call me an R&C fanboy who hates Jak because I don't like Jak's character in one of four games? My god, this is gameFAQs. I hate Ratchet's character in the first game; does that mean I'm a Jak fanboy, too?
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 31 of 59 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I respect the fact that you have an opinion differing from mine, I just don't like how you're reacting to mine, honestly. You're taking my own opinion that Jak in II is a bad character like I'm saying the entire game series sucks. No, it's just Jak, and just in II. Again, as I noted, and as Astro noted, I like Jak; Jak X would be my favorite spinoff game ever if not for the fact that the disc is almost as bad as Fallout: New Vegas'.

 

No what your doing is your calling Jak overall a bad character. I kknow you dont like the series. You proved so by the stuff you wrote. All Jaks were fine characters. The way he grow up was weird in jak II but its understandible and explainible. Dark eco is a manipulative substance. Not going into further detail then that about Jak II. Jak X 2nd CD wasnt bad. Like I said your overexgarrating. The 1st dics was never bad. It just never saved files the right way. Basically the AUTOSAVE opition was messed up. The game itself was fine. Anyway they released a 2nd dics to solve that 1 problem and it was fixed. There was no complaints on the 2nd disc.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 32 of 59 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Wait, did you just call me an R&C fanboy who hates Jak because I don't like Jak's character in one of four games? My god, this is gameFAQs. I hate Ratchet's character in the first game; does that mean I'm a Jak fanboy, too?

 

Hmm? lets see, you disagee with me and the ratings about J&D being the better series, your on the forum topiic for R&C, and your avi is Clank and you constantly say negative comments towards Jak. Im pretty sure your a R&C fanboy...

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 33 of 59 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
577 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012
STOP the arguing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 34 of 59 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012

WolferGaming wrote:
STOP the arguing

 

I want to, but I dont like when someone preteniously trys to make jak look bad, esepcially on the R&C forums or topic and overexaggarats on points. I played each game over 20x. I know the Pro's and Cons. What the other guy say for his cons were wrong and exaggarated. 

 

Ive had debates with ppl on youtube about this. It has been nothing like this. So many negative points were wrong that I had to keep replying up here.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 35 of 59 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Wait, did you just call me an R&C fanboy who hates Jak because I don't like Jak's character in one of four games? My god, this is gameFAQs. I hate Ratchet's character in the first game; does that mean I'm a Jak fanboy, too?

 

Hmm? lets see, you disagee with me and the ratings about J&D being the better series, your on the forum topiic for R&C, and your avi is Clank and you constantly say negative comments towards Jak. Im pretty sure your a R&C fanboy...


I comment on pretty much every topic in this board, and was commenting here before this particular discussion started, when you called Jak a badass.  I replied with my opinion about how one Jak character was badly written in one game, and you said he was amazing, and are now calling out R&C when I've not once made a comparison to R&C by saying Ratchet was a better character.  How am I the fanboy here?

 

I'm not even going to try arguing which series is better, because I don't feel one IS better.  I personally prefer R&C, because I played it first, but I'm sure had I played Jak first, I'd've preferred that.  Both series have issues; hell, I hate A4O as a game, when I don't hate any main-series Jak game as a game, including II.  I hate Jak's character in II.  Not the gameplay, not the difficulty, not anything else.  I simply hate that they felt the need to make him gritty because of their change in gameplay elements.

 

Also, on Jak X's discs: The discs themselves froze on me literally every time I tried playing past the first level set (not sure what to call it) on the four discs I've played on.  I couldn't get onto the second tournament.  I've traded them in multiple times for new ones, tried them on both my first, my second (which was brand new at the time of purchase), my stepfather's, and my friend's PS2, and not once have I ever gotten it to work, even when I've started over on an entirely empty memory card.  Maybe I just have the worst luck with that one game, but I've seen multiple other people with either the same or similar issues, who have all explained nearly the same scenario that I just did (swapped copies and all).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 36 of 59 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012
And I know for a fact now that you're going to say something to the effect of "see Jak's so much better" because I'm not going to argue which series is definitively better out of two series I enjoy.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 37 of 59 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
577 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012
STOP now , Jak is a pretty good character, im a big fan of its series, maybie DP wanted to express his opinion, end of story..... and yes, im dissapointed bu jaks voice acting in the game, i prefer mike erwin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 38 of 59 (44 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012

WolferGaming wrote:
STOP now , Jak is a pretty good character, im a big fan of its series, maybie DP wanted to express his opinion, end of story..... and yes, im dissapointed bu jaks voice acting in the game, i prefer mike erwin

Oh yeah, his VA blows in this game.  I've never denied that.  Hell, I never said Jak overall was a bad character.  I said specifically in II he was badly-written for the sake of making his use of guns make sense.  Considering his next comment will likely be how Jak is a better series and how I'm a fanboy for saying it's not, I'm done with this conversation anyway, so long as he doesn't say any buzz words that draw me back in.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 39 of 59 (38 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Ratchet and clank- a few changes i would like to see

Oct 1, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Wait, did you just call me an R&C fanboy who hates Jak because I don't like Jak's character in one of four games? My god, this is gameFAQs. I hate Ratchet's character in the first game; does that mean I'm a Jak fanboy, too?

 

Hmm? lets see, you disagee with me and the ratings about J&D being the better series, your on the forum topiic for R&C, and your avi is Clank and you constantly say negative comments towards Jak. Im pretty sure your a R&C fanboy...


I comment on pretty much every topic in this board, and was commenting here before this particular discussion started, when you called Jak a badass.  I replied with my opinion about how one Jak character was badly written in one game, and you said he was amazing, and are now calling out R&C when I've not once made a comparison to R&C by saying Ratchet was a better character.  How am I the fanboy here?

 

I'm not even going to try arguing which series is better, because I don't feel one IS better.  I personally prefer R&C, because I played it first, but I'm sure had I played Jak first, I'd've preferred that.  Both series have issues; hell, I hate A4O as a game, when I don't hate any main-series Jak game as a game, including II.  I hate Jak's character in II.  Not the gameplay, not the difficulty, not anything else.  I simply hate that they felt the need to make him gritty because of their change in gameplay elements.

 

Also, on Jak X's discs: The discs themselves froze on me literally every time I tried playing past the first level set (not sure what to call it) on the four discs I've played on.  I couldn't get onto the second tournament.  I've traded them in multiple times for new ones, tried them on both my first, my second (which was brand new at the time of purchase), my stepfather's, and my friend's PS2, and not once have I ever gotten it to work, even when I've started over on an entirely empty memory card.  Maybe I just have the worst luck with that one game, but I've seen multiple other people with either the same or similar issues, who have all explained nearly the same scenario that I just did (swapped copies and all).


 

You may have said he was badly written in 1game, but then you went further on with your point by saying they tried to fix him in Jak 3 but failed, and then said other stuff. Even went far as in copying a link and posting it up here. And I never said he was amazing. I said his growth as a chracter was amazing. Learn to read and stop skimming. And you made slight comparions to R&C as well.

 

Btw I never had that problem with Jak X lmao! It was just your bad luck! For you to go through that many dics is absurd. I highely doubt that.

 

But seriously I dont like this reply you made, because you are lying. Jak II voice is not the only sinlge thing you was complaining about.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 40 of 59 (37 Views)
Reply
0 Likes