Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Re: Ratchet & Clank vs Jak and Daxter (Rival Battle)

Nov 15, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
So on jaks story is it the same cinematic as this one?

Nobody knows this man! lol

Actually no its not if you think about it its common sense.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 11 of 19 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Looking at this again Daxter had every right to be mad, Clank was kind of being an **bleep** there.

Message 12 of 19 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 15, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

Looking at this again Daxter had every right to be mad, Clank was kind of being an **bleep** there.

I cant wait to you get into Jak II and 3 and hear Jaks voice. Then youll see the big comparison from PSASBR vs the orignal.

Only time will tell.
Message 13 of 19 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Yeah I did play through them last month and I do notice the difference, and I'm actually going to quote a user on Youtube because he's absolutely right, they were able to get Jak's original VA for Playstation Move Heroes but not for PS All-Stars.
Message 14 of 19 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 15, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
Yeah I did play through them last month and I do notice the difference, and I'm actually going to quote a user on Youtube because he's absolutely right, they were able to get Jak's original VA for Playstation Move Heroes but not for PS All-Stars.

Yeah even in PlayStation Move Heroes Jak had his original voive actor man :'(

Only time will tell.
Message 15 of 19 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 15, 2012

It's not something that'll kill the experience for me though, I've gotten used to this sort of thing anyway like whenever a fighting game roster full of characters that spoke Japanease suddenly speaking English, or how in general some voice actors change in one or two games of a series for whatever reason, though granted during those kinds of occurences the character just makes a cameo most of the time so it doesn't hurt anything but still I'll still have a blast playing as Jak I'm sure.

Message 16 of 19 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

It's not something that'll kill the experience for me though, I've gotten used to this sort of thing anyway like whenever a fighting game roster full of characters that spoke Japanease suddenly speaking English, or how in general some voice actors change in one or two games of a series for whatever reason, though granted during those kinds of occurences the character just makes a cameo most of the time so it doesn't hurt anything but still I'll still have a blast playing as Jak I'm sure.

I mean im going to enjoy playing as Jak but its not just his voice that is horrible. Its his punts/battle lines and taunts. Because Jak doesnt have his orignal voice actor, means Jak cant say his badass lines, literally.

See by changing his voice they actually had to go back and change other things as well. Because of his voice he lost that badass quality he had in him which was 75% or more of Jak. Because of his new voice his punts were degraded. Because of his new voice, Daxter talks more. Etc... And the thing that bothers me the most is they took Jak 3 design, but used his voice actor from TLF. This is the worst thing that could have ever happened. Jak 3 was the game where he was at his most badassness(not counting Jak X). When you look at this Jak(if your a Jak fan/player)you'll be like oh Jak is in this game, but then once you hear his voice you instantly get angry and be like **bleep** is this!

Its hard to explain.. They took Jak 3 design but thats not the same Jak from Jak 3. Because its not only his voice that change but everything overall, so basically the best way to put this is its a clone of Jak with altered qualities while the real Jak is still out there somewhere else. (Horrible example)- Brian from family guy. Remember that episode where Stewie made Brian a clone and it was nothing like the original. Thats Jak right there.

*However I appreciate SB for upgrading the Gyro Burster(3rd Gun Mod). Man did that gun need an upgrade! Other guns I dont know about yet.*

Only time will tell.
Message 17 of 19 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Jaks voice is just fine. Doesn't matter if it's 100% perfect or not, he's within the threshold.

I said the same with some minor parappa, FP and sweet tooth perks. At least they are stick figures in the game ay?
http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 18 of 19 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Subtenko wrote:
Jaks voice is just fine. Doesn't matter if it's 100% perfect or not, he's within the threshold.

I said the same with some minor parappa, FP and sweet tooth perks. At least they are stick figures in the game ay?

Sorry you dont know Jak like I do. Its not fine. Don't tell me its not because I will bring up a lot of videos right now and never stop.

Theres a reason why Daxter does most of the talking. SB knows Jak voice actor isnt good.

Those other characters are not in the same situation as Jak. I love when people say well this person doesnt have their original voice actor. Well there not in the same shoes as Jak.

Only time will tell.
Message 19 of 19 (58 Views)
0 Likes