Feb 18 2013
By: khknight Fender Bender 4120 posts

Ranked just ain't fun, anyone else think the same?

[ Edited ]
23 replies 356 views Edited Feb 18, 2013
I don't like ranked, its filled with all the worst thing about this game and its more STRESS and FRUSTRATION than fun. Lets go down the list as to why

1. The poor matchmaking
The game rarely puts player within 50 bp together, instead its blacks with greens, browns with purples. Whats frustrating about this is if you lose, you might lose 10+ bp while winning will give 3+. Theres too much to lose and too little to gain

2. Lag
Pretty self explanintory, **bleep** deaths, **bleep** grabs, **bleep** in genreal

3. Rage quiters

You're about to win a match that can gain you 9+ bp and one **bleep** hole disconnects and ends the game.

4. Poor character balance
Why is it that some characters have easy mode while other characters gotta work their **bleep** off to win? Some characters have easy kill confirms while others have none. Some characters have easy ap bursts while others have no practical ap bursts. Some characters have high ap gain and almost no recovery time in their attacks while others have low ap gain and slow attacks.

5. Items and stage hazards

I personally feel these don't belong in a mode that is suppose to be the "competetive standard". I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for some of the aurgueably op items(the axe, leech beams, medusas head) and just some hazards.

6. Glitches
Stage hazard deaths, getting stuck in maps, infinite ap exploits, lvl 2 and 3 getting cancelled by regular attacks. Levels 3s glitching out.

All these put together makes a frustrating experience.
Too much to lose, not enough to gain. Some characters have it too easy. Rage quiters. Lag.

Remember when ranked was fun in the beta? What happened? And what can be done to make ranked fun again?

What do yall think?
Message 1 of 24 (356 Views)
Sackboy
489 posts

Re: Ranked just ain't fun, anyone else think the same?

Feb 18, 2013
I just get my black belt and wait for the next season.
Message 2 of 24 (347 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Ranked not being FFA.

And not playing randoms online.

Find a way to test your skills offline, tournaments and such. a MUCH better option.
Message 3 of 24 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 18, 2013
I definitely think offline is more fun (for me), but ranked can be fun every once in a while. I'm not too competitive, so it's not really for me. Quick matches and playing with friends or even bots usually give me more enjoyment.

Also because of your first 3 points, of course, the ranked matches are not as good as they could be for the more competitive players

Message 4 of 24 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Feb 18, 2013

they really need to add 1v1 ranked

Also 2v2 ranked > FFA ranked 

photo ak0mq_zpsbdfaa4d4.gif
Message 5 of 24 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 18, 2013

One way to have fun in FFA that me and my brother tried me on my ps3 him on his vita was that we both went in FFA at the same time and u usally get in the same room. We used all off our team combos and kept making plans battling it out it was almost like 2vs1vs1 but it was still fun and people were on there mics not knowing what was going on. so if u get board u can try this cause u and your friend are having fun working as a team while still trying to out due each other 

Message 6 of 24 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 18, 2013

bp means nothing really,ive seen black belts who were just awful and only reason there winning is because they are pro spammers who rq when there about to lose.

also you forgot to add the issue when the host disconnects you lose bp for no reason

Message 7 of 24 (312 Views)
Sackboy
574 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

anyway its not worth playing ranked anymore. dont want to lose bp disconect psn reconect psn. bs system make leaderboard worthless.. i agree with you kh, playing in the beta in ranked was much more fun than it is now.. rubber lag make me want to vomit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 8 of 24 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
38 posts

Feb 18, 2013
All I hate about online is the ranking system... the fact that I might even up losing tons of points for not being no.1 and even just no.2 (I once lost 9 points for tying 2nd place) is ridiculous.

I hope the sequel goes to something more traditional.
Message 9 of 24 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Feb 18, 2013
I dislike the unbalanced characters and I HATE the lag with a fiery passion! I only play online because I don't like playing against bots, but the lag makes me wish I had 3 friends available whenever I want to play this game.

I can find ways to get around the unbalanced characters, at times, but the lag is TERRIBLE!
Once... okay, very often, I have ejected an opponent to the other side of the stage, then, out of nowhere, I die. Something really isn't right about the online play. I know it's not my connection because playing GT5 online is seamless (I know that's a game with a bunch more money put into it).

I think this game should have a better online experience. It would be better by achieving a better connection and eliminating lag almost completely and having host migration.
Scott Pilgrim for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale!
Message 10 of 24 (237 Views)
0 Likes