Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Re: Raiden & Snake should both be in allstars

Jul 27, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I realize that it maybe should be 1 character per franchise, but since Metal Gear's such a huge Playstation franchise it would be great if SuperBot could make an exception. One one hand, if you don't use Snake to represent Metal Gear you'll get tons of fan hate (see MGS2). And on the other hand, Raiden's lighting fast fighting style could make him a really unique character. And from a business perspective, it would be good marketing for the upcoming MG Rising.

Maybe SuperBot could compromise by making Raiden make a cameo on a Stage or in one of Snake's supers if either make it into the game.

I actually agree with you. They are both unique enough characters, that I think that would be a reasonable exception. I also love your idea for Raiden being in a Super. Imagine (Old) Snake's level 3: He's getting all worn down and tired, and needs a breather. Raiden jumps in, saying, "Snake, it's my turn to protect you!" or whatever the exact line is. Then you get control over Raiden, and start going all Gray Fox on their a**es!

Message 11 of 15 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I kind of dont like it when characters summon other characters as supers. I realize its just a way of imcluding more in the game but I believe a super should be something that the playable character can do themselves. like Jak does all his own supers, he doesnt call daxter to bite someone to death. A super is meant to be their most powerful attack and if they arent actually performing it than that idea is kind of diminished.
Message 12 of 15 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Before we even knew it raiden was ment to be grey fox 's heir
Message 13 of 15 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 28, 2012

I see Raiden having a really good moveset, but honestly, if we're having a problem with getting enough people into a limited roster, it HAS to be Snake only then, just because he's more iconic than Raiden, looking at him from a "years of existence" point of view.

Message 14 of 15 (46 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Jul 28, 2012

KaozTh3orist wrote:

I see Raiden having a really good moveset, but honestly, if we're having a problem with getting enough people into a limited roster, it HAS to be Snake only then, just because he's more iconic than Raiden, looking at him from a "years of existence" point of view.

agreed, save radien for #2, and not dlc cause dlc characters in fighting game usally bring unblance.
Though I like raiden more.

Message 15 of 15 (42 Views)
0 Likes