Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Raiden & Fat Princess ARE incredibly broken

Dec 16, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Ahem.

There's an infinite prevention system.

Anyways I've been able to get 150 AP combos with a lot of the cast. By that I mean Kratos, Raiden, Nariko, Heihachi, Drake, Sackboy, Evil Cole, and Spike.

The reason for this is that there is a maximum of AP you can acquire in one combo before the game's infinite prevention system kicks in. So, technologically speaking, yes, characters are able to get to Level 1 in one combo, and that was an intention.

He means land a kill with the level 1 during a long combo.

I've seen Dante's Level 2 hit in the middle of a ten hit combo.

Message 21 of 44 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Littlejcr would say its your fought you lost to a raiden who cheated
Message 22 of 44 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Fault
Message 23 of 44 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I haven't actually faced a ridiculous Raiden yet 1v1, but I definitely have to agree on Fat Princess, there is no way it is supposed to be possible to do what people do to you with her. I'll have to take your word on Raiden, but this is the 1st OP thread that I have had the same feelings about myself.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 24 of 44 (310 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Minzara

I am aware that Dante has a similar combo like Raiden. I argue it also is too strong, but I don´t have that much of a problem with it. Yes, almost all characters have long combos but you are wrong about all of them being able to combo into super 1. Sweet tooth does 1 moves that is 1 hit and super. Raiden has a bijillion moves that gives ton of AP AND goes into super. Is it really too much to ask if he just had a bunch of moves that gives a lot of AP? Not giving him a lot of AP AND killing the opponent? Or just make an attack that sets up his super NOT BOTH!

No other character can do this. People were complaining about Raiden before this was discovered. His LV 1 super was great, he got a ton of AP by just hitting his opponents and he had good mobility. This is not ok. Is Raiden really such a bad character that he they wanted to give him the power to win safetly in 4 combos? Which he can do where ever however he wants?

(Edit) Thanks Redskinsrock, I needed the support here.Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 44 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Dec 16, 2012
FatPrincess4Lyfe
Message 26 of 44 (304 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 16, 2012
@Snake_Nox Oh no I see what you mean, in some cases it may seem like if you get hit you'll die but again even for them it's situational and there are a lot of sitiations where Fat Princess can't follow up with a combo or land a super and as for Raiden he can ONLY do anything useful on the ground and has no range whatsoever, even his side attacks a lot of raiden players use to try and land a combo or super are extremly unsafe on block so just throwing them out is stupid, even more so when a throw can outright beat it on reaction.

The only risky attack I can think of in the game that rewards a lot of AP is Kratos' side square but it is EXTREMLY unsafe on block and should only be used for combos.

Fat Princess' singular attacks on their own won't get much AP like her knight, mage or bombs so randomly getting hit by them won't net her much AP and like I said, once she tosses out a knight or mage and it misses or gets blocked her defences drop a lot during those few precious seconds.

The difference is with Street Fighter simply having long combos do not gaurentee you'll be good if you don't have the tools to use them. Seth and Akuma have a ton of options to control space, create mix up and get in on the opponent even though Seth has fairly slow walk speed his dash is good and he has ridiculous range and attack options for playing both offensivly or defensivly where as Yang has some of the best and longest combos in the game even after he was nerfed but he severly lacks in the options to approach, control space or mixup his opponent to actually land a lot of them which is why he's way down at the bottom of the tier lost with the likes of Dan and T.Hawk despite his combos being much longer than both of theirs, even Gen at such a low place on the tier list has amazing long combos but lacks the tools to actually make use of them.
Message 27 of 44 (298 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Also I want to add one thing. Look how freakin creative these combos are. Why is it that the insta-kill combos Raiden, Fat Princess and Dante has are such a bore too look at? It´s 3 moves - grab - 3 moves - grab - super, and such. Why doesn´t anyone show of the Super kills that FP and Raiden are capable of? I learned a ton of things the others could do, but every combo by FP and Raiden were sub par to what Asis and Chof can do.

http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/37752925333/we-uploaded-this-combo-video-to-our-youtube

I want to break down the myth that Raiden has hard times getting his combos started. First of all, He has plenty of attacks that makes him go a very long distance and all of them kill his opponent. He has a freaking counter and grab that kills. Just listen to this: We have a character who wins with 4 grabs. He would be top tier withouth these things. I never played him that much and I can easily win in FFAs. He has teleporting moves, he can do multiple slices in the air and do dives and those are quite hard to dodge.

You could just as easily use the same exact arguments for Meta Knight. He has short range and does not have any ranged attacks what so ever so, a good player just have to learn his pattern and keep the presure up. He sucks against Samus cause she can fire from a distance.

Message 28 of 44 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 16, 2012
You people don't know what the word broken means.
Message 29 of 44 (271 Views)
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 16, 2012

JesseCasco wrote:
You people don't know what the word broken means.

You should go ask Chof_23 to 1v1 you with Fat Princess, then come back here and you might have an educated opinion on the matter.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 30 of 44 (258 Views)
0 Likes