Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Raiden & Fat Princess ARE incredibly broken

Dec 16, 2012

Minzara wrote:

Dante can combo into his level one from a one comdo as well with his infinite. Sweet Tooth gets his level one in 3-4 hits and then can go into his with a short jump. EVERY char can do this, its just not Raiden. Play more chars and play the game more and you will learn this. Raiden is the best character in the game when it comes to close ranged fighting, because that is all he has. The dude has no range game AT ALL.

That's the thing. He doesn't NEED one. He has fantastic mobility because of both his forward triangle and forward square. The thing is, Dante is really risky. While I'm not sure I like that cancel, his attacks leave him very open if he misses. Raiden's attacks don't leave him nearly as open, as he can turn around mid combo. Furthermore, if you're blocking his attacks, you're still screwed. He'll just grab you mid-combo and then start comboing or killing you. 

And for the last **bleep** time, the Run N Gun and Empty Cancel are not infinites, they are loops.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 11 of 44 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

@CalDW I could see that actually. AND He has good range game too. I haven't played against many Big Daddys so I can't judge.

@Dude Like I said, Kratos is for worse in the not having any openings to attack department. I haven't faught enough against enough Raiden's as another character to judge. But What I know, I use all the tricks you say, plus some of my own and most high level players see it coming. If you know what Raiden does, he become useless almost. You have to get REAL creative to win with him then. He isn't as OP as people think he is once you figure out how he works.

Message 12 of 44 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 16, 2012
I can agree that throw to super is OP and maybe to many hit confirms to super but remember that almost everything raiden is doing is unsafe. He still has to take risks. Block that **bleep**, punish that **bleep**, read throw and punish that **bleep**, simple fighting game thinking.
I think the only stuff that are not punishable on raiden is his backstab, first 2 or 3 hits of Nsquare and air dash if it's done low to the ground.
Message 13 of 44 (188 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 16, 2012
@Dude5059 Loops can still be problematic in fighting games if characters have them with very easy ways of using them even on block, just take a look at Blazblue Continuum Shift 2, whole game was a loop fest.
Message 14 of 44 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 16, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@Dude5059 Loops can still be problematic in fighting games if characters have them with very easy ways of using them even on block, just take a look at Blazblue Continuum Shift 2, whole game was a loop fest.

Oh, I agree entirely. I'm just saying it's the wrong terminology, and makes it appear a whole lot worse than it is, even if it is bad.

Fresh to death
Message 15 of 44 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Ahem.

There's an infinite prevention system.

Anyways I've been able to get 150 AP combos with a lot of the cast. By that I mean Kratos, Raiden, Nariko, Heihachi, Drake, Sackboy, Evil Cole, and Spike.

The reason for this is that there is a maximum of AP you can acquire in one combo before the game's infinite prevention system kicks in. So, technologically speaking, yes, characters are able to get to Level 1 in one combo, and that was an intention.

Message 16 of 44 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

@Minzara He has some range with some plasmids but not much it's mostly just to extend combos or create an opening. His throw game is where he truly shines, I have fought some amazing Big Daddy players and pretty much as soon as you're close there's 50/50 mixup that could either lead to you losing all your AP or Big Daddy gaining a ton of it himself from a combo.

Message 17 of 44 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 16, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Ahem.

There's an infinite prevention system.

Anyways I've been able to get 150 AP combos with a lot of the cast. By that I mean Kratos, Raiden, Nariko, Heihachi, Drake, Sackboy, Evil Cole, and Spike.

The reason for this is that there is a maximum of AP you can acquire in one combo before the game's infinite prevention system kicks in. So, technologically speaking, yes, characters are able to get to Level 1 in one combo, and that was an intention.

He means land a kill with the level 1 during a long combo.

Fresh to death
Message 18 of 44 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 16, 2012

CalDW19940

Even if this is a guessing game, then we should agree on that we have pretty similar chances of hitting each other. When I hit them, I get 20 - 140 AP depending on the situation. When they Hit me, I die and they get 80 AP. Also, if the only way to fight these character is in the air because being on the ground is suicidal, what would stop them from expecting that?

Also, many characters have risky attacks that can be punished but none does this much damage. And FP:s attacks are really safe AND she can do it from a distance. If I do the unsafe ground move forward circle with parappa I can get 140 AP, sure but landing my super is a guessing game.

And ALSO, someone else said this, complaining that I can be comboed by a combo character is stupid? What, I don´t even...!

Sure, why didn´t Street fighter have moves that kill in one hit. Yes, Seth was slow and hard to use sure, but his combos were mixups. Let´s make it so it is impossible to escape while he combos you, and also take away damage scaling. He´s a combo character right, he should be able to combo you to death.

Message 19 of 44 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 16, 2012

@Cal Interesting...

@Snake I am telling you Danta can combo into his level 1 as well with one combo. It's just not Raiden. EVERY char in this game has really good things about them and really bads things. Expect maybe poor Sir Dan...

Message 20 of 44 (155 Views)
0 Likes